No announcement yet.

The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. Strange. Guess since the TP was more 'adult focused' with it's story line, while the 100 seems to be (as its mostly kids) teen focused its holding the teen demographic more. Which i find funny since its a lot of teens who are into mutants and such with marvel etc.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Hm. Strange. Guess since the TP was more 'adult focused' with it's story line, while the 100 seems to be (as its mostly kids) teen focused its holding the teen demographic more. Which i find funny since its a lot of teens who are into mutants and such with marvel etc.
      Have you watched The 100, I say the stories in The 100 have been more adult focused than teen focused.
      TP lot were suppose to be teens, through the poor casting and poorer acting it was hard to tell that they were meant to be playing teens.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Have you watched The 100, I say the stories in The 100 have been more adult focused than teen focused.
        The biggest surprise for me -- they truly dare to go one step too far (in a manner of speaking that is), and show what happens when you drop a bunch of kids on a planet with no rules or regulations. And they start taking matters into their own hands.

Lord of the Flies does come to mind a lot though.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I would say its kids having to grow up fast and be able to make adult decisions. The threat of a radioactive Earth and the Grounders makes petty teen problems rather pointless.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I would say its kids having to grow up fast and be able to make adult decisions. The threat of a radioactive Earth and the Grounders makes petty teen problems rather pointless.
            Mmm... petty teen problems do tend to pale in comparison in such situations.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.
                That's a stupid reasoning. Using FH's Lord of the Flies example is about kids but it is not a kid's novel.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendikarr View Post
                    With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.
                    That's common with most tv shows. If a show gets a 3rd season its almost guaranteed a 4th season so the show can get enough episode for syndication.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

So this is the fifth person to die by a stab or slice wound to the neck. I lost count to be honest but a lot of people have died by neck wounds.

Another enjoyable episode, I was surprise that they let that young girl die, usually in this situation the character save the day, I will forgive Clark for not knowing you can't stick just any old blood into someone, whether they are part of the same tribe or not, they got to be the same blood type, they could really use a science consultant on this show.

An Raven is cold man so cold, she use bellamy up and chuck him away.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 29 May 2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I liked that they didn't save the day as well. And we finally got to see what chaos was caused on the ark!

Comment

I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok.
                          Spoiler:
                          I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok.
                            Spoiler:
                            I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep.
                            I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.

Comment

I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.
                              Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.
                                I suspect some of them survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X