The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I don't think people recognized that...especially after her death. I'm pretty sure the Ice Nation won't even bother considering that proclamation.
    Especially since they were all against her initiating the sky people as the 13th clan from the get go.

Comment

Yay! The 100 has been renewed for a fifth season!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/mor...-5-in-2017-18/
      sigpic

Comment

I love the show but given its serial nature and it's S5, I wonder if they should start ending it
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, this really isn't the type of show that could go 10 seasons. I think 5 seasons is a good run for a serialized show, otherwise they'll end up repeating things too much; there are only so many times they can argue with/fight the grounders or fight amongst themselvese before it gets really old. If they can come up with something really different for season 5, that could extend into season 6, I wouldn't be against that though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I love the show but given its serial nature and it's S5, I wonder if they should start ending it
            I would like an ending, where EVERYONE DIES!!

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            Yeah, this really isn't the type of show that could go 10 seasons. I think 5 seasons is a good run for a serialized show, otherwise they'll end up repeating things too much; there are only so many times they can argue with/fight the grounders or fight amongst themselvese before it gets really old. If they can come up with something really different for season 5, that could extend into season 6, I wouldn't be against that though.
            I agree. Shows like flash-arrow i can see lasting 5-7 seasons, but not much longer after that. Something like this, i feel should have capped at 4 seasons..

Comment

If all they're going to do is continually fight, yeah, I don't care if they kill it this year, let alone next.
              But if they can break out of that mold, they do have a good premise for a a long run; the struggle for survival and rebuilding their former society.

Since the various stripes of "grounders" have already more than adequately demonstrated that they are not capable of a peaceful existence even with themselves, I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

That would set them up with situation that could maintain audience interest for a long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                If all they're going to do is continually fight, yeah, I don't care if they kill it this year, let alone next.
                But if they can break out of that mold, they do have a good premise for a a long run; the struggle for survival and rebuilding their former society.

Since the various stripes of "grounders" have already more than adequately demonstrated that they are not capable of a peaceful existence even with themselves, I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

That would set them up with situation that could maintain audience interest for a long run.
                Or they could be united by a common foe. An outside group expanding its territory? Bumping into Panem? I don't know. But that world seems very small. If so many people in a small area could have survived, there must be many more organized groups out there. Or maybe the Ark survivors can find a friendly third party...
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Normally, I'd agree, unifying to fight a common enemy would be a valid theory. But the grounders have already demonstrated that such an alliance is valid in their eyes only as long as it suits them. The second they don't see value in the alliance, they're right back to warring against their former allies.
                  They can't be trusted as an ally.

As far as other groups, maybe, maybe not. Any survivors of the initial disaster have had 100 years to run into each other and form larger groups. The Mt. Weather people may have been a collection of survivors from that section of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Or they could be united by a common foe. An outside group expanding its territory? Bumping into Panem? I don't know. But that world seems very small. If so many people in a small area could have survived, there must be many more organized groups out there. Or maybe the Ark survivors can find a friendly third party...
                    I agree, right now their world consists of the relatively local Grounder population and the people from the Ark. Their world seems kind of small and it pretty much limits the stories they can tell. If they're going to keep the show going, I think it would be interesting if they encountered another organised group of people somewhere (or maybe they were driven to where the Arkers/Grounders are by the radiation or something), preferably a technologically advanced group. A common foe for the Arkers and Grounders to unite against. Or they could be be a mixed group of people, some who want to help out, and others that want to take advantage of or manipulate the Arkers or Grounders (or individual people of each/either group) for their own ends.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.

Big issue there, is even if they DO get rid of the grounders, the Arc survivors don't number (realistically) Sufficient quantity of people to create a stable new society..

I agree, right now their world consists of the relatively local Grounder population and the people from the Ark. Their world seems kind of small and it pretty much limits the stories they can tell. If they're going to keep the show going, I think it would be interesting if they encountered another organised group of people somewhere (or maybe they were driven to where the Arkers/Grounders are by the radiation or something), preferably a technologically advanced group. A common foe for the Arkers and Grounders to unite against. Or they could be be a mixed group of people, some who want to help out, and others that want to take advantage of or manipulate the Arkers or Grounders (or individual people of each/either group) for their own ends.
                      That is one thing that has irked me. Other than SEEING the one that crashed in the Ice nation, they have NOT even touched on any of the other 10 parts of the arc that came down. NOR have they shown any other lands in the world.. Surely there are survivors on other continents...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Big issue there, is even if they DO get rid of the grounders, the Arc survivors don't number (realistically) Sufficient quantity of people to create a stable new society..

That is one thing that has irked me. Other than SEEING the one that crashed in the Ice nation, they have NOT even touched on any of the other 10 parts of the arc that came down. NOR have they shown any other lands in the world.. Surely there are survivors on other continents...
                        Yeah, I know, they're short on numbers for genetic diversity among other things. High number of birth defects when they start to reproduce.
                        But compared to trying to live with a people who insist upon trying to kill you, I'd prefer the violent enemy to be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I'd have to rewatch season 3 to be sure, but I vaguely remember ALIE and Raven looking for where the other parts of the Ark landed because ALIE was looking for Becca's work and she thought that Becca might have put the code or whatever in the Ark systems somewhere. I think Raven mentioned that one part crashed in the ocean and the other parts didn't make it or something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you remember which ep?

Comment

I'm really not sure if I'm even remembering it correctly, what I'm remembering could be scenes from a couple of different episodes, or something I'm misremembering. I'm looking for it by skimming through the season 3 episodes on Netflix, I might be wrong about the falling into the ocean bit, I found a part where they thought the 13th station fell into the ocean not one of the Ark parts. I'll keep looking though.

Edit: I gave up skimming through eps shortly after my original post, I'll rewatch the season eventually and I"'ll try to remember to see if there's any mention of the other parts of the Ark. I don't think 10 parts of the Ark are unaccounted for though. How many parts were there originally? We saw at least one burn up on entry, one crashed and had one survivor hanging off the side of a cliff, Farm station landed in Ice Nation territory. The Arkers on the ground in Arkadia (not counting the ones from Farm station and the cliff girl) came from (at least) two Ark sections.
                              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 12 March 2017, 05:05 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, since the arc was 12 separate space stations and each got dropped, there should be 10 others out there, 9 after that one burned up on re-entry.. or 8 if you buy into the argument one hit the ocean and so was lost (at sea).

Comment

Working...
                                X