The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Searched but I did not see any previous threads about this in the search results. It's pretty good so far but they need to end the constant teen-angst crap & get more into the actual story for me to continue to watch it. Has potential, just hoping they don't do a Terra Nova by having too much teeny-bopper storylines crap in it, LoL. The preview for the upcoming episodes did look like they have a good amount of action.

http://cwtv.com/shows/the-100/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/

Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

I haven't seen it, or heard of it, but based on the summary I think I may avoid it. Sending 100 teenagers to an abandoned planet to repopulate? How could it not be about teen angst?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
      I haven't seen it, or heard of it, but based on the summary I think I may avoid it. Sending 100 teenagers to an abandoned planet to repopulate? How could it not be about teen angst?
      Well yeah, it is, Lmao. Hopefully the CW will realize very quickly that they need much more for it to survive as a high enough watched series, than making a show mainly about teen- angst. LoL.

Comment

They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol. They sent them down because they were expendable, and they wanted to know if the rest of the people on the space station would be able to survive without dying of radiation poisoning.

I like it so far. The teen romance stuff is annoying, but it's on the CW so I was prepared for it. I wish they didn't feel the need to set all the main teen characters up in love triangles(or other polygons) though. Other than teen love drama, I find the show pretty interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

So far i am liking this show, and I have the book to read after i finish DIVERGENT.... but I am interested in seeing where this show goes.
          sigpic

Comment

A liked the book, but just couldn't get through the pilot....

Comment

I noticed they changed a few things in the PILOT that was in the book. so far i like both.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol.
                Lots of laughs. Yep, they better send some adults down quick to straighten out those teens. LoL.

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  They didn't send the teens down to re-populate Earth themselves lol
                  Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying

Comment

The space station better send down a drop ship full of condoms...

Comment

Just watched the first episode not bad so far, the airlocking scene kinda reminded me of BSG

a couple of familiar faces on the station
                      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 29 March 2014, 10:30 PM.
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Enjoying this more than I thought I would, okay the teen angst stuff could disappear. The casting is better than some of CW other new shows this season.

By far the biggest problem for me is the lack of thought put into the world building side of things, the station looks far too uniform for a space station cobble together from other space stations.

And the costumes, I could easily see scientist growing cotton in orbit and using that to make clothing but but getting the materials to make leather jackets, jeans, trainers/leather boots, sports bras for thousands of people, all seem a bit too far fetch to me. An having them all be die different colours is a waste of resources.

An as much as I like air locking people, for a station that is short of supplies, well that a tonne of water, oxygen, proteins you are sending overboard there people.

An let not get started on the whole bracelet design, I know I said it was a waste of resources to send them overboard, but for the designers of those bracelets, I think an exception could be made.

An you would think that during their attempts to save themselves after an atomic war that they would have save a few satellites with surface imaging capabilities.

You would also think that the station would be overflowing with plants for food and to filter the air.

Comment

This week episode was pretty good, the end

Spoiler:
                          Psycho girl kill Wells with a single stab to the neck, brilliant, with her smilling and humming away as he choke on his own blood
                          Awesome.

Bellamy showing the cowered he is.

Hopefully we will have a couple of weeks them building a community before the next disaster strikes, and may be Little Miss Psycho will thin the herd a bit before then, come on girl take Bellamy out, he deserves it.

Looking forward for the face off between Clark and her mum, the ***** may face some justice yet.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Is it really that easy to gut 2 fingers off like the little girl did there ?
                            I am amazed that the little girl didnt gut her self with that knife, as it needed to be lazer razor sharp to täke two fingers off from Wells that easy.

As there is no good scifi shows anymore, i watch what i get. Especially of the stupid scedule of the shows. Like TVD 2 episoodes then one week break and again 2 episoodes and now 3 weeks then one episoode and again break. Marvel shield is basically same with the breaks and ohter shows.

In the first episoode of the 100, in the end they show local earthlings in a preview. Second episoode ends with one guy with greepy mask and now third episoode there is nothing about that. When we will see the earthlings and are they all dumb woods people from the stone age ? Sticks and arrows, like Shepard sayed in SGA one of the episoodes with the technology block cheald with childer live in the age of 18
                            sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I really enjoyed the third ep. This was also the first episode where I actually kind of liked Bellamy.
                              Spoiler:
                              As I was watching the episode, I kept thinking that the little girl was going to reveal that she had killed someone on the space station or something, and that she would end up attempting to kill someone on Earth(especially after she saw Clarke mercy-kill the guy who got caught in the acid fog). She seemed really nice and sweet, but there seemed to be something a bit off about her(but that could have been because I kept thinking about a character on The Walking Dead). I didn't think that she would actually end up succeeding in killing anyone(especially in this episode). I thought she would get caught or stopped before she hurt anyone too seriously. I didn't expect her to try to kill Wells, and I was surprised that she actually ended up killing him. It was kind of sad since Clarke and Wells had just repaired their friendship, and he was just sitting there, not expecting the girl to hurt him or anything. Out of all the people on Earth who hated Wells because of his father, I wasn't really expecting that little girl to be that one that would kill him because of it. It was messed up, but it kind of brought a sense of danger to the show that wasn't there before this episode, and I liked that.

Next week's episode looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X