Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Major General

Default Re: The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Have you watched The 100, I say the stories in The 100 have been more adult focused than teen focused.
    In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    In a way they are getting more 'adult focused', but since it still centers on kids, i still say its teen based.
    That's a stupid reasoning. Using FH's Lord of the Flies example is about kids but it is not a kid's novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Captain

With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendikarr View Post
    With the CW, it seems if you can get renewed at the end of your second season, you will likely get four or five seasons.
    That's common with most tv shows. If a show gets a 3rd season its almost guaranteed a 4th season so the show can get enough episode for syndication.
    Jelgate is right

So this is the fifth person to die by a stab or slice wound to the neck. I lost count to be honest but a lot of people have died by neck wounds.

Another enjoyable episode, I was surprise that they let that young girl die, usually in this situation the character save the day, I will forgive Clark for not knowing you can't stick just any old blood into someone, whether they are part of the same tribe or not, they got to be the same blood type, they could really use a science consultant on this show.

An Raven is cold man so cold, she use bellamy up and chuck him away.
    Last edited by knowles2; May 29th, 2014 at 07:35 AM.

Major General

I liked that they didn't save the day as well. And we finally got to see what chaos was caused on the ark!

I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok.
    Spoiler:
    I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    I really liked the Ark parts of the latest episode; loved Kane. The Earth parts were ok.
    Spoiler:
    I have a difficult time buying Clarke as a doctor/medic or whatever; at least her patient died this time, unlike when she fixed up Finn. I like Clarke well enough though, I think she's pretty cool when she's not playing doctor or angsting over Finn. I hate the Clarke/Finn/Raven drama(I hate love triangles in general though). Raven using Bellamy to try to get over Finn was predictable and eye-rolling to me. I liked Raven a lot better when she was on the Ark. I want to like Finn, but he's just so blah to me right now, that I don't care if he dies. If he lives he(and he probably will), he needs more character development outside of being a love interest (IMO). I wonder what happened to Monty(I like him and care about what happens to him lol)? I'm looking forward to the next ep.
    I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.

I suspect Monty was kidnapped by the Mountain Men.
    Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.

Quote Originally Posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Most likely, I'm sort of hoping it was dropship survivors, or that the Mountain Men also found some dropship survivors and Monty ends up with them. It would probably be really contrived to have some of them survive somehow, but I really don't like how they just conveniently got rid of all the Ark troublemakers in a crash.
    I suspect some of them survive.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

I suspect some of them survive.
    How?

I mean, they re-entered too fast and then crashed. You saw the burst of flames going up in the sky. No way, anyone could have survived that crash unless they had lifepods in that lifepod.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    How?

I mean, they re-entered too fast and then crashed. You saw the burst of flames going up in the sky. No way, anyone could have survived that crash unless they had lifepods in that lifepod.
    This is scifi, I seen people walk away from worst crashes than that!

This is scifi, I seen people walk away from worst crashes than that!
    Perhaps, but not in the case of The 100.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Perhaps, but not in the case of The 100.
    If you wanted too you could justify it. People have survived huge crashes they shouldn't have. Since Abby and Jara are on the Ark I am to believe the pod crashed.

Who are the Mountain Men? Did I miss an episode?
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Who are the Mountain Men? Did I miss an episode?
    Lincoln mentioned them an episode or so ago. I think from what I can gather they are a rival tribe to Lincoln's.

Major General

Nice episode today. Loved the stuff on the arc same as last week. And went Squee when the chancelor had his insight on how to get everyone down.

As for the grounders.. so there are more than one faction/clan, but other clans can order some other clans around??
    And these 'reapers'. Are they canibals>??

Our little warrior princess isn't as powerful as I thought, it seems she just a local leader, perhaps just in charge of the local defence forces or state forces in our world, while these new guys are federal forces from some sort of central government.

I love the audacity of the chancellor plan, it should at least look spectacular, but just 2 days or less to prepare, tight planning there.

Yes the reapers look like they are cannibals, the question is who are they eating. An Lincoln said he captured a map from someone that map the cave, that unlikely to be our cannibals.

An I suspect the little princess and Lincoln had a thing in the past, I see another love triangle/quadrangle, Lincoln, princess, Octavia and Jasper.

Look like next season will involve our gang looking for a new home, why the arc survivors look for them and learn to survive.

Major General

It did look like ms horsey was not the bigwig she made herself out to be..

How?

Was it ever established for certain that the wreck was the drop ship rather than part of the Ark? It looked like some pretty big chunks broke off when the drop ship launched, we only saw the descent from a distance, and I don't think that Raven was able to find the black box in the wreckage. There were also fewer burned skeletons than I'd expect for a ship carrying several hundred people. It seems odd to build up Diana as an antagonist, and to establish that she has a very sizeable support base, only for her and her followers to be wiped out in a crash, especially with another group from the Ark coming to Earth.

Major General

Just watched the "We are grounders part 2".
    Spoiler:
    so both Bellamy and finn got fried. Though i do also wonder how many others were lost in that final battle.
    Also loved the ending where we saw the survivors in the Mountain fort. Wonder what took them so long to intervene.