No announcement yet.

The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not up to date with most of season 4 and thus can't comment on episodes, I am excited to know there will be a 5th season...

However

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Since the various stripes of "grounders" have already more than adequately demonstrated that they are not capable of a peaceful existence even with themselves, I'd like to see the ark survivors find a way to kill off the lot of them so they can focus on surviving the environment and rebuilding without constantly having to expend their energies fighting the savages.
    Genocide is not the answer. In that case, I'm going with garhkal's option: they all die and all their fighting was for nothing cause the Earth still won.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Well, since the arc was 12 separate space stations and each got dropped, there should be 10 others out there, 9 after that one burned up on re-entry.. or 8 if you buy into the argument one hit the ocean and so was lost (at sea).
      I think the part that was left in space counts as one (maybe), the part Abby, Kane, and Sinclair were in is two, the part that Jaha ( though he got out last minute) and Jackson were in is three (this became Arkadia I think), Farm station is four, we saw one burn up on reentry that's five, the one that crashed landed with one survivor is six, so that's 6 out of a possible 12 accounted for (when the idea was brought up they did say that most of the Ark would burn up, and Jaha asked Sinclair if he could find the parts that wouldn't, so maybe they didn't put people in all 12 stations).

I just watched the Ark parts of the last ep of season one, in the scene where they're talking about the Ark coming down and they only showed six stations on the monitor (Hydra, Tesla, Mecha, Arrow, Factory, and Alpha) and 5 of those called out "good to go" when it was time to go. Farm Station wasn't one of the names listed or called out, so either it had another name for reentry or it was an unmentioned/unlisted station or the writers forgot what names they gave the stations and decided that since Monty's parents were farmers they would call it Farm station. So there are either 0 or 6 stations unaccounted for, depending on what the writers decide, I guess.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Genocide is not the answer. In that case, I'm going with garhkal's option: they all die and all their fighting was for nothing cause the Earth still won.
        Yea. Kill them all, and Long live the cockroaches!

Comment

Speaking off, they seam to be conspicuously absent in this world...
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

That's true. Plus other than lots of horses, fish, some deer and that one gorilla, we've not really seen much in the way of animals or insects. Heck i can't remember seeing a single spider or snake.

Comment

They are conveniently absent...

Comment

Well, it might be that many species haven't survived. Remember, way back in S1 when the kids first landed, they ran into mutated deer, and such, the results of radiation.

Comment

Here you go, better explained than I could:

All living organisms hold a place in the food chain. For example, plants produce energy from sunlight and provide nutrients for animals, such as rabbits, which are consumed by meat-eating predators, such as mountain lions. Members of the food chain interact with one another and with their environment as part of a complex, interlocking ecological system. Extinction of one species can have a cascading effect on others.

Ripple Effect on Other Species
                  Endangerment or extinction of one species can threaten the viability of another species. Relationships in the food chain are intertwined and often related to environmental changes. For example, the red ant population in Britain plummeted as the result of fewer sheep grazing in pastures. Red ants disappeared because sheep had kept the grass short, which is the preferred micro climate of the red ant. In turn, the paucity of red ants led to the extinction of a large blue butterfly species that eats red ant eggs as part of its life cycle.

What Happens When Something in a Food Chain Goes Extinct?
                  By Dr. Mary Dowd

Comment

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-...mpression=true

Saw this last, I'm really glad it's been renewed for a 6th season and that we didn't have to wait long to find out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow...I didn't know this show was still on until I saw previews for it on the CW last week. I lost interest in the 3rd season...it just fizzled out for me. I might attempt to do a binge watch in the summer to see if it has greater appeal.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's back April 30.

*waits for Annoyed's whining*
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

It's back April 30.

*waits for Annoyed's whining*
                          Depends what they do. It looks like they arrive on the new planet, and start fighting. Granted, you can't tell much from a trailer, it it looks rather familiar.

Comment

I've been critical of how they dress Clarke in earlier seasons of this show; you just wouldn't expect someone in her role to spend so much time flashing her "uh hem"s around.

But I ran across this and I gotta say, she makes a damned good desktop background.

https://stmed.net/celebrity/eliza-taylor-wallpapers

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              I've been critical of how they dress Clarke in earlier seasons of this show; you just wouldn't expect someone in her role to spend so much time flashing her "uh hem"s around.

But I ran across this and I gotta say, she makes a damned good desktop background.

https://stmed.net/celebrity/eliza-taylor-wallpapers

Really? I never even noticed...Octavia and Raven are the ones that I would say looked attractive to me and I haven't noticed anything of the sort from their dress.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Really? I never even noticed...Octavia and Raven are the ones that I would say looked attractive to me and I haven't noticed anything of the sort from their dress.
                                Wasn't so obvious last season, but 2-3 years ago, she was frequently showing a fair bit of cleavage, which didn't seem appropriate to me.

As far as Octavia, Raven and most of the other females, far too many tats. I just don't think tattoos are attractive on either gender, so a tatted up woman takes her self out of the visual running before I even see her.

Octavia was a special case, though. Her actions in the show were beyond revolting.

Comment

Working...
                                X