Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Staff Sergeant

Default Re: The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I might have to check that out!
    I've only read the first book, but it's basically two days and a whole lot of past fyi, and vaguely connected to the series - inspired the idea of the tv-series at best (disappointing I know). Unless you enjoy YA I wouldn't recommend it, the book is not bad per se, just very slow-paced and I'd rather read something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfifrit View Post
    I've only read the first book, but it's basically two days and a whole lot of past fyi, and vaguely connected to the series - inspired the idea of the tv-series at best (disappointing I know). Unless you enjoy YA I wouldn't recommend it, the book is not bad per se, just very slow-paced and I'd rather read something else.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find a copy to browse before I buy.

Major General

So anyone heard when S3 comes on?

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    So anyone heard when S3 comes on?
    Some time around March 2016 - I think. Definitely 2016, that much was said by one of the creators.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Major General

Dam.. Why they waiting so long?

Dam.. Why they waiting so long?
    No idea.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

The 100 is probably doing their 15 episode seasons and it makes more sense from CW's POV to show new shows in the Fall when TV viewing is at its peak
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Major General

Fare enough.. Either that, or they feel they need something to bridge the fall to summer time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Some time around March 2016 - I think. Definitely 2016, that much was said by one of the creators.
    Any reason why?

Any reason why?
    Reason as to why we won't see season 3 until mid 2016:

The CW hopes 'The 100' can have its 'Breaking Bad' moment

...CW president Mark Pedowitz says it was for no other reason than to get the fall schedule right, and he hopes the longer break will give “The 100” the chance to find more viewers in the meantime.

Reason as to why we won't see season 3 until mid 2016:

Hmmm....I think people will get tired of waiting. We're such a "give it to me now" society.

Major General

Agreed. Heck wasn't it cause of the wait time in S1-S2 for SGU that we lost a lot of viewers??

Hmmm....I think people will get tired of waiting. We're such a "give it to me now" society.
    Yes, I think it might have the opposite effect.

For instance, I'd totally forgotten the final season fo Falling Skies until it all aired. I'm not in the US so I don't count one way or another, but just saying.

Agreed. Heck wasn't it cause of the wait time in S1-S2 for SGU that we lost a lot of viewers??
    Apparently Breaking Bad gained viewers, but I think most shows loose them.

From conversations on GW...a lot of viewers didn't care for the first half of season 1. The second half got better though. I don't remember there being a considerable wait between S1 and S2 of SGU.

I think that's one of the errors of fandom. We take our own observational bias to draw a general conclusion that is false. Saw it all the time during the Dark Days of GW
    Jelgate is right

i didn't see the 100 on the line up for the CW, so I started to get worried that it had ben canceled, so I dug around and found some info;
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

may 14 2015-zap2it

by Andrea Reiher at 09:05 AM on May 14, 2015

Eliza Taylor faces the enemy in The 100 Season 2 finaleThe CW announced its 2015-16 schedule Thursday (May 14), which left “The 100” fans dismayed to find out the post-apocalyptic show will not return until next year. But CW president Mark Pedowitz says it was for no other reason than to get the fall schedule right, and he hopes the longer break will give “The 100” the chance to find more viewers in the meantime.

“We had to make some moves to put on some shows and make some
    changes,” Pedowitz tells Zap2it during a conference call. “We felt that ‘Vampire Diaries’ and ‘Originals’ is a good
    combination on Thursdays, we needed to shore up Thursday a little bit.
    We felt that ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ was a better fit on Monday. I think
    ‘The 100’ and ‘Jane’ might have been a little bit twisty.”

By holding “The 100” until midseason, Pedowitz says that he hopes such a critically acclaimed show will perhaps finally get the viewers to match its acclaim, a la “Breaking Bad,” the AMC hit whose buzz built so much that it saw a jump in viewers between Seasons 3 and 4 and then a steady rise in viewers throughout its final season.

RELATED: ‘The 100’s’ Season 2 finale ‘huge reveal’ sets Season 3’s course

“It’s a big Netflix favorite, and having the opportunity to catch up on years 1 and 2 as we begin year 3, maybe this show can get the real viewers it deserves, and maybe it’ll have that ‘Breaking Bad’ moment,” Pedowitz says.

Whether it does find new eyeballs before its Season 3 premiere remains to be seen, but fans can rest assured that Season 3 will run in its entirety in spring 2016.

“We haven’t quite figured out what the order path will be yet … whether we run 13 straight or not, we will have all 13-16 episodes we need to run as we require it,” says Pedowitz. “Yes, we will be pretty much going non-stop.”

He adds, “I am happy to have a critically acclaimed show like [‘The 100’] coming on in midseason.”

july 9 2015

But now that The CW has announced a release for "The 100's" second season on Netflix, the show is expected to get a bounce in the ratings for the winter 2016 premiere.

The formula for this was explained by CW President Mark Pedowitz when he spoke with Zap2it about why they have held off the show for a mid-season debut in Season 3.

"It's a big Netflix favorite, and having the opportunity to catch up on years one and two as we begin year three, maybe this show ['The 100'] can get the real viewers it deserves, and maybe it'll have that 'Breaking Bad' moment," Pedowitz told Zap2it, referring to AMC's "Breaking Bad" becoming a breakout hit once it started airing on Netflix.

The third season's episodes have not yet begun production, but the storylines will follow the exploration of the "Grounder culture," as stated by Melty, and that means that the likelihood of Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor) heading to the capital city of Polis is most likely going to happen.

might be some spoilers here, so just a warning,

Spoiler:
    from july 4 2015-melty

Jason Rothenberg, executive producer of The CW's hit show The 100, recently confirmed that Bellamy will continue to suffer the consequences of the siege on Mount Weather well into Season 3.

The third season of The CW's The 100 begins filming later this month, with new episodes expected to premiere in early 2016. Fans of the show were disappointed to learn that they'd have to hang on for almost a full year before catching up with Clarke, Bellamy and the rest of the Sky People, but recent hints dropped by producers suggest that the wait will be more than worth it. Viewers will remember that Season 2's bloody (and brilliant) finale episode saw Clarke take the difficult decision to irradiate Mount Weather, knowing that only the 47 would walk out alive. Bellamy pulled the lever alongside her in a bid to assuage her guilt, but it was no use: Clarke left Camp Jaha despite saving her people, unable to continue leading the Sky People after murdering so many innocents. After revealing that Bellamy will continue to resent Clarke next season for leaving (hinting at her possible return), executive producer Jason Rothenberg has added that he'll also feel some serious guilt for his decision to help destroy the Mountain.

The attack on the Mountain reduced even its outer structure to rubble, with Emerson the only confirmed survivor. Despite Bellamy refusing to allow Clarke to accept sole responsibility for killing everyone inside, according to Rothenberg, he'll pay for his decision when the show returns in the spring. Asked by a fan whether Bellamy, as well as Clarke, will struggle to come to terms with the aftermath of the bloody battle, Rothenberg replied: "Absolutely. In very different ways though." We already know that Season 3 is set to explore Grounder culture, suggesting that Clarke may end up heading to the capital city, Polis, but what choice does Bellamy have now that responsibility for the Sky People has fallen on his shoulders? We're interested to find out if he'll end up staying with sister Octavia or whether he, too, will leave Camp Jaha, perhaps for good.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, I think it might have the opposite effect.

For instance, I'd totally forgotten the final season fo Falling Skies until it all aired. I'm not in the US so I don't count one way or another, but just saying.

Apparently Breaking Bad gained viewers, but I think most shows loose them.
    agreed, doing this is a risky move, they tend to think that if a long shot worked with one show, it will work with another show, most of the time it doesn't, that is because most of the time, the producers don't know their audience.

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    i didn't see the 100 on the line up for the CW, so I started to get worried that it had ben canceled, so I dug around and found some info;
    Nice rundown.. I wonder what they have planned for Jaha and finding that island?

Season 2 is now on Netflix, for those interested in a rewatch.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

I'm tempted. 29 episodes isn't a lot. Anyone want to join me? FH?
    Jelgate is right