• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn, Turn, Turn (117)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    TURN, TURN, TURN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 117
    With their plane under remote control and an apparent traitor in their midst, Coulson and his team may have no one left they can trust when a shadow force operating within S.H.I.E.L.D. surfaces. At the Hub, Simmons discovers that she may be in enemy territory.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2014, 10:14 PM.

Good episode.

Can't say I was surprise that Grant Ward turned out to be Hydra, not after last week. More surprise by Garrett turn coat. Was
    surprise that Simmons or Fitz didn't turn out to be hydra.

I was surprise Coulson let Ward and Garrett go, especially since his change in character of not trusting anyone, but if Garrett doesn't stop telling his stories Ward might just kill him, well before Coulson get hold of him. It a shame Mrs Hand die, would like to have seen how her character operate without having a all powerful Shield at her back.

I wonder who going to want to kill Ward the most Sky or May.

Hope we see Simmons go and help out her science friend and they don't simply forget about her.

The dog fight was good. And the bus never ceases to amaze me, nice weapon systems there.
    Triplett will probably become a permanent member of the team next season.

Spoiler:
    Look like I was right through, Fury and his allies have secret bases to operate out off, off the grid and away from the public eye. reveal by next week preview.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Look like I was right through, Fury and his allies have secret bases to operate out off, off the grid and away from the public eye. reveal by next week preview.
      Might be good to state that is a spoiler for the preview of next episode instead of the current episode.

Anyway, I suggest Simmons is an Hydra agent, she didn't actually do anything to prove herself only the other guy.

The scene with Skye and Ward in the closet was almost good until they had to go a bit more cheesy.

I really didn't want Hand to die. I was expecting Ward to actually kill Garrett. I liked her character. They are just killing people off too early for this universe.

I wonder what remains of SHIELD, if any at all, in terms of an organization and not an asset. Coulson did say to just call him Phil. The rest of this season will most definitely feel the fallout from this.

Comment

You nice folks are assuming that Mrs. Hand is actually dead. As Miracle Max said, "You can be dead or mostly dead". This is comic book land and for all we know these guys might not even be shot and this is all part some larger con.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

If you rewatch the scene, you will notice Simmons shifted her head towards Hand and her agents, clearly telling triplet to fight. I still think one of the two out Fitz and Simmons will turn out to be working for someone else. May be someone like A.I.M.

I am also interested in how Fury or May expect Simmons and Fitz to fix Coulson, when they don't even know what the procedures they use to save him in the first place.

Comment

One theory I have is that Ward is acting on orders from Coulson to infiltrate HYDRA. If Ward had been HYDRA, I think he would have done more than just nodded a little bitafter shooting everyone ...at least a smile I think.

Also, Coulson took him aside just before that scene, after Ward saw Garret being led away. Maybe it was to discuss with him what had to be done.

If there is one thing we have learned, it's not to trust a death, even one with a body, in the Marvel Universe. I'll wait to mourn Agent Hand, though I would not be surprised if the two guards were part of the acceptable losses.
            sigpic

Comment

From what I recall in The Winter's Soldier:
              Spoiler:
              When they were in the hidden bunker, Captain America said to dismantle the whole organization. But even with SHIELD's secrets exposed , I never heard it said that SHIELD was actually gone.

It just seems that they did it to make the organization transparent, though harming American security projects/efforts.

I do think revamping or tearing SHIELD down is a logical choice for Marvel's Cinematic PTB. I recall reading how there was originally going to be US Army soldiers in The Avengers, but the US Military declined since they were confused as to what SHIELD's role was. Is it a US organization or an international organization?

If it was the latter then US forces wouldn't take commands from a foreign body. So since that was unclear the US opted not to allow soldiers to be in the film.

So now with this huge change SHIELD could be revamped to a smaller independent body. Or just generally it allows the TV show writers to re-define what SHIELD is.

Comment

The first time I trusted Agent Hand in this entire series was when Ward shot her in the chest. I only saw the last 15 minutes of the episode, but I'll be watching the rest after work today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                  You nice folks are assuming that Mrs. Hand is actually dead. As Miracle Max said, "You can be dead or mostly dead". This is comic book land and for all we know these guys might not even be shot and this is all part some larger con.

regards,
                  G.

This is what I've been thinking too. The looks between Coulson and Ward just have me questioning what we saw being black and white. At least I'm hoping that it means something else is going on.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                    This is what I've been thinking too. The looks between Coulson and Ward just have me questioning what we saw being black and white. At least I'm hoping that it means something else is going on.
                    I hope it's something else, too. I really, really don't want Ward to be a bad guy. I didn't even start liking him/seeing him as something other than a cardboard cutout of a character until the last few episodes, so to lose him to the dark side this soon after making an emotional investment is very troubling.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                      I hope it's something else, too. I really, really don't want Ward to be a bad guy. I didn't even start liking him/seeing him as something other than a cardboard cutout of a character until the last few episodes, so to lose him to the dark side this soon after making an emotional investment is very troubling.
                      I feel the same way about him.

I also don't want to Fitz or Simmons to be Hydra... I like their banter too much. I think it really adds to the show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                        I feel the same way about him.

I also don't want to Fitz or Simmons to be Hydra... I like their banter too much. I think it really adds to the show.
                        Truthfully, I don't want to lose any of the team I've been trying to invest in. I don't mind some of the in and outs we've seen over the course of the season, but our core team - I think it's too soon to lose one (and, in other ways, too late now that we're emotionally invest in them).

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                          In an article, the showrunners detail that Ward was always intended to be a spy among the time.

Originally posted by Maurissa Tancharoen
                          In episode #10, there's a nice, private moment that Ward has with Coulson -- they're in Lola, and I think they're going to see a Centipede soldier's sister, and they're just having a conversation, finally, about their personal lives. Coulson brings up that he had someone in his past, a cellist, and that he had dinners at the Richmond, and that's something that comes up later -- that's a tool that Raina uses to help coerce Coulson to get into the machine in episode #11
                          In a separate article I cannot find, before Joss Whedon started working on the show, Kevin Feige let him know what the impact of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Joss was fine with it. So the show runners knew when creating the show that this movie was going to throw a huge upset.

Comment

I'm really interested to see how it plays out, no matter how it goes down. But it does mess with my head when they try to get me to like a character and then they pull the rug out from under me. I understand why it works and why it needs to happen from a storytelling point of view, but as a viewer... I'm pissed at Joss right now.

Comment

It is a really good twist and kudos to the writers and show that I didn't see it coming... but I'm sad if Ward stays a bad guy. Won't keep me from watching though and I can't wait to see what happens next.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X