• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Curious Thing (319)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE
    A CURIOUS THING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 319
    Zelena blackmails Hook in an attempt to drain Emma of her magical powers, while things heat up between Regina and Robin Hood. In Fairy Tale land Snow and Charming go in search of the Good Witch Glinda to see if she can help them defeat Zelena.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 April 2014, 10:21 PM.

OUAT did it once again, this Episode had me at the Edge of the Seat. I dont even know where to start. I think my Favorite was the Book. We were all wondering what was up with it and apparently the Book is indeed Magic. It is part of the Curse and appears if needed. I am kind of sorry it was that easy for Henry to remember, but I am glad Regina was finally able to hold him again.

How they inacted the curse this time around is interresting. This means that Snow and Charming are now one, if one dies the other goes as well. I find Snow and Charmings powerful Babys a bit odd though. I mean alone the thought that every kid they have is going to be a powerful white Witch is surprising, considering that Zelena is a match for Emma and there is no reason in her Power.

I knew Emma would go Berserk on Zelena once she layed a finger on Henry, but Zelena is quite stupid isnt she? Why tell everyone about the curse she put on Hook? If I would not know any better I would say she wants the secret out. Can it be that her curse needs another component to work, like Emma knowingly taking the risk of losing her magic? Something like you cannot take a Witches magic unless she agrees to it.

It was funny how Henry questioned Regina about Robin. I know I hated Regina before, but she won me over. I am really happy she got him, but I guess we all know this will change, come the Season Finale. Anyways I think OUAT is back stronger than before and I hope a 4th Season should not be that difficult.

Also I keep noticing these Kingdom Hearts connections every once in a while. Reginas talk about how the Curse that brought them back build a Wall between the Realms. I really wonder if the Storywriters got something to do with that Project.
    Last edited by tomstone; 27 April 2014, 08:23 PM.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I felt it was good, but I still feel the Book's explanation is a bit weak. Emma just didn't want to find it? Why would the curse want to be broken?

What's the difference between breaking the curse and ending the curse? The former occurred when Emma believed and kissed Henry in Season 1, then again in this episode when Regina kissed Henry after he believed.

But the latter only occurred when Regina the curse caster chose to end it. So what the what? Can we have a more streamlined terminology, please?

Zelena was very poor in this episode. yelling out that Hook was intended to do something. Why can't she just take away Emma's magic?

Rumple's magic was taken from him when he was imprisoned. Surely, Zelena is powerful enough to siphon away Emma's power.

Why does Zelena need the baby when Emma is a child of Charming and Snow as well?

Comment

Perhaps she looks to use the new baby as a means to rewrite her own past by BEING That new kid?

as for me.. It was real nice seeing emma unlease some light magic on Zelena, and seeing regina and robin hook up.
        But what shocked me most is we saw Aurora and price phillip getting turned into those flying monkeys.. Makes me wonder if any of those hook or Emma shot WERE those 2?

Comment

so many good scenes in this ep!!

and i LOVED it being regina's kiss to henry that broke the curse!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

If Smee was going to sail to New York in that other ship, where is the Jolly Roger?
            Last edited by Morgania; 01 May 2014, 09:44 AM.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
              If Smee was going to sail to New York in that other ship, where is the Jolly Roger?
              We don't know. Hook came in by car with Henry and Emma. How did he get to New York...his ship most likely, but he chose to leave it there...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                We don't know. Hook came in by car with Henry and Emma. How did he get to New York...his ship most likely, but he chose to leave it there...
                I'm very curious what happened to it Hope we find out.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm very curious what happened to it Hope we find out.
                  We know he got the Jolly roger back from Blackbeard, but after that, there is still events that Hook has related to anyone in town. So, during that year he must have had the Jolly roger taken from him or it's was destroyed. I still want to know what happened in the rest of that year from Hook perspective.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                    We know he got the Jolly roger back from Blackbeard, but after that, there is still events that Hook has related to anyone in town. So, during that year he must have had the Jolly roger taken from him or it's was destroyed. I still want to know what happened in the rest of that year from Hook perspective.
                    After he took it back, it was taken again? That seems very unlucky.

Spoiler:
                    If Zelena is going to use the new Charming baby to go back in time... she changes the time line so Snow White and Prince Charming don't meet to have Emma, how is she going to get the other baby to use for her time travel plot?
                    sigpic

Comment

After he took it back, it was taken again? That seems very unlucky.

Spoiler:
                      If Zelena is going to use the new Charming baby to go back in time... she changes the time line so Snow White and Prince Charming don't meet to have Emma, how is she going to get the other baby to use for her time travel plot?
                      Well, something seems wrong with his story. The bird was sent by Bae, that far we know, but why was Hook sailing without his crew outside the reach of the Curse and how did he cross realms, did they not destroy Pans shadow that was trapped in Hooks sail? Then there is also the thing that he apparently left it behind in New York and did not tell Smee just that.

I did not understand the spoiler part. Are you talking about a Time paradox?
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        Well, something seems wrong with his story. The bird was sent by Bae, that far we know, but why was Hook sailing without his crew outside the reach of the Curse and how did he cross realms, did they not destroy Pans shadow that was trapped in Hooks sail? Then there is also the thing that he apparently left it behind in New York and did not tell Smee just that.

I did not understand the spoiler part. Are you talking about a Time paradox?
                        Until I hear otherwise, I'm of the opinion that the ship is in New York somewhere.

Yes, I meant a time paradox. That will cause one, right?
                        sigpic

Comment

Until I hear otherwise, I'm of the opinion that the ship is in New York somewhere.

Yes, I meant a time paradox. That will cause one, right?
                          Not if going back in time to change events causes a new timeline to start.

Similar to Back to the Future 2. Spoilers for B2F2.

Spoiler:
                          Marty went to the future, Bad guy took time machine into 1985 and changed his own future as well as the future the time machine was created.

But it is explained as the original timeline A got branched off to a new timeline B when the bad guy changed his past. Timeline A's path was unaltered, Timeline B was a branch that broke off from the actions made in Timeline B.

It's similar to how it's stated that at any particular moment, all actions/possibilities are possible. For B2F2, they just follow one particular action that is different from timeline B and see what future that brings.

I don't have any illustration, but Doc Brown showcased a nice one in the movie.

Comment

I tend to over think time travel plots.

Erm...

Spoiler:
                            Didn't somebody mention Zelena having a water weakness? Have somebody throw her off the docks then. How does that work for a witch anyway? Spill a potion on yourself, cease to exist. Is she the witch of the East or West? Is there another Wicked one?
                            sigpic

Comment

I tend to over think time travel plots.

Erm...

Spoiler:
                              Didn't somebody mention Zelena having a water weakness? Have somebody throw her off the docks then. How does that work for a witch anyway? Spill a potion on yourself, cease to exist. Is she the witch of the East or West? Is there another Wicked one?
                              Spoiler:
                              Zelena is the Wicked Witch of the West and the only one with Green skin. I am not sure if they even thought about a reason and just needed a good way for her to be defeated. I always guessed it is because she is rotten inside and the Water is cleansing in some way. Still I would not count on it working in OUAT. There is another wicked one, but she should be Dead by now. Glinda was already expelled when Snow and Charming found her, so the Events with Dorothy had to have happened before.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X