• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Through (318)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON THREE
    BLEEDING THROUGH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 318
    After Zelena steals Regina’s heart, Regina casts a spell so that she can speak across the realms to her dead mother, Cora, to discover the truth about why she abandoned Zelena, and Belle stumbles across what Zelena’s ultimate end game is. Meanwhile, in the Fairy Tale Land that was, young Cora is duped by a man claiming to be a prince and finds herself alone and pregnant. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 April 2014, 10:23 PM.

Great to get some backstory on what Zelena is so upset about. Though is it just me or did it seem like Baby Zelena created the Storm that brought her to Oz? Anyway, it looks like all the pieces are in place, so I guess next Episode sh*t is going to hit the Fan.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I would still like to know where and how Zelena got her powers. She obviously had them as a baby, and this was quite awhile before Cora met rumple and learned magic from him. Still not feeling sympathetic towards Zelena, though.

I didn't see Princess Ava as being particularly bad. Spoiled and mean, yes. But not so bad as to think Snow's family was so bad. After all, Cora was being dishonest and had stolen a necklace to give to the gardener. But Ava didn't have to be so mean about it. She certainly grew up by the time she had Snow and was raising her to be a kind child.

Love, love, loved the ending. Way to go Regina. It was lovely seeing her and Snow bonding somewhat, and that Snow's words caused her to go find Robin Hood. Will be interesting to see how things progress from here.

I'm trying to sort out who is who in Snow's family. Was Henry (Cora's husband) Snow's uncle? Was he the brother of King Leopold?

I also thought the scene in the diner with Hook and Emma was pretty cute. Emma trying to do something with the cup of cocoa and succeeding, and then sending "hoook" to the coat tree.

Comment

Cora! wish they would somehow bring her back
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Loved the ending. Goes to show that even without a heart people can still have good feelings

I agree, Princess Ava was not in the wrong at all. She was good. Even though her actions resulted in Zelena being a evil witch, does not mean that Ava's actions were wrong.

It was entirely up to Zelena to choose what kind of person she is. Not to mention it illustrates that bloodline does not matter in terms of the magical proficiency of people

Comment

I'm wondering what Cora's thinking was when she left baby Zelena alone in the forest in a basket. She must have known that the baby would die. Unless, of course, she thought that by some miracle the baby would be saved somehow. It doesn't alter the fact that she abandoned a helpless little baby alone in the forest.

She said something to the baby as she was leaving, but I didn't catch what it was she said.

Comment

Cora didn't care about the child.. All Cora cared was becoming royalty. She pretty much said as much to baby Zelina when Cora said Zelina would be in her way.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I'm wondering what Cora's thinking was when she left baby Zelena alone in the forest in a basket. She must have known that the baby would die. Unless, of course, she thought that by some miracle the baby would be saved somehow. It doesn't alter the fact that she abandoned a helpless little baby alone in the forest.

She said something to the baby as she was leaving, but I didn't catch what it was she said.
                Maybe she knew of the cyclone and knew it was some kind of gateway. But there are NO references to make us believe that. That whole sequence was just coincidental.

Comment

Loved the OutlawQueen kiss!! that was officially my FAVE part of the episode!! LOL!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Great to get some backstory on what Zelena is so upset about. Though is it just me or did it seem like Baby Zelena created the Storm that brought her to Oz? Anyway, it looks like all the pieces are in place, so I guess next Episode sh*t is going to hit the Fan.
                    I didn't think that. Just maybe cora did.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    I didn't see Princess Ava as being particularly bad. Spoiled and mean, yes. But not so bad as to think Snow's family was so bad. After all, Cora was being dishonest and had stolen a necklace to give to the gardener. But Ava didn't have to be so mean about it. She certainly grew up by the time she had Snow and was raising her to be a kind child.
                    I considered what Ava did as typical for Royals. Anyone upsurping your line of marriage/birthing, gets put down. But Cora did booboo by lying to the prince about the baby.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Cora didn't care about the child.. All Cora cared was becoming royalty. She pretty much said as much to baby Zelina when Cora said Zelina would be in her way.
                    Which to me showed Cora's heart was already tainted with greed/evilness.

Comment

I just wanted to say that this is perhaps my favorite episode of the series. Was what Eva did wrong or evil? It could be justified, but the thing to remember is not what she did, but why she did it. Just like Snow's murder of Cora. It's not that she killed her, but why... and how. Eva exposed Cora not out of concern for Leopold, or the kingdom, but for her own standing.

And Snow, on some level, did tell Cora about Daniel because she wanted Regina for a mother. I'm not saying it was the primary motive, or that she wasn't manipulated, or even that Regina's reaction wasn't completely bonkers. But that it's not just doing the right thing but for the right reasons.

And the conversation between Snow and Regina made me have hope for the idea of something like a mother daughter, big and little sister bond between them. Because one of the things I've always loved about both characters is the snark. Regina's is mean, and Snow's is gentle, but I almost imagine that Snow learned it from Regina.

Comment

Working...
                      X