No announcement yet.

Unfilmed Stargate: Extinction Movie Script May Be A Comic Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's with the sudden atlantis hate? (i never thought that show was bad as it were. It was better then say SG-1 Season 8...)

as for the outline - i have never read it...where can I find that?

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
      what's with the sudden atlantis hate?
      There's nothing sudden about it -- you must have missed the anti-season 4 and 5 threads when the show was airing. The hatred towards the coming of AT and the going of TH. The overuse of McKay and the underuse of Teyla and Ronon. The lack of understanding their own show of TPTB.

I mean, take your pick. There's simply nothing new about the lack of SGA-love, or the less than stellar praise for the show.

I'm a fan of the show, and certainly liked it to a certain extent, but I don't like how it ended or what it became.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

There were/are some fans who truly disliked where the series went after season 3 and are/were very vocal about it. Many of those who are still around this forum are part of that group. I myself was pretty upset at many of the directions the show took during this time. However I remember at the time there were polls asking "what was your favorite season" and if I remember correctly season 4 was ranked near the top. Season 2 was the least favorite. Also, if you looked at Joe Mallozzi's blog from yesterday he posted graphs of the IMDb rankings for the episodes of the 3 SG shows for each season. SGA was pretty consistent and while this is by no means anything other than those select fans opinions on the episodes, again it shows Season 2 as having the lowest rated episodes. (This is how good people thought the episode was, not the shows Neilsen ratings)

Many of those who were super duper pro-SGA have long since packed their bags and moved on. (perhaps in protest of the cancellation of SGA???) Among those who remain and are still interested in/posting about SGA are those who seem to have had the most problems with later season developments such as Elizabeth leaving, McKeller, sidelining Teyla and Ronon, overemphasis on McKay, etc. etc. etc....... No clue why but that's how it's shaken out.
        Last edited by Lythisrose; 30 March 2014, 09:13 PM. Reason: caps
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          There were/are SOME fans who truly disliked where the series went after season 3 and are/were very vocal about it. Many of those who are still around this forum are part of that group. I myself was pretty upset at many of the directions the show took during this time. However I remember at the time there were polls asking "what was your favorite season" and if I remember correctly season 4 was ranked near the top. Season 2 was the least favorite. Also, if you looked at Joe Mallozzi's blog from yesterday he posted graphs of the IMDb rankings for the episodes of the 3 SG shows for each season. SGA was pretty consistent and while this is by no means anything other than those select fans opinions on the episodes, again it shows Season 2 as having the lowest rated episodes. (This is how good people thought the episode was, not the shows Neilsen ratings)

Many of those who were super duper pro-SGA have long since packed their bags and moved on. (perhaps in protest of the cancellation of SGA???) Among those who remain and are still interested in/posting about SGA are those who seem to have had the most problems with later season developments such as Elizabeth leaving, McKeller, sidelining Teyla and Ronon, overemphasis on McKay, etc. etc. etc....... No clue why but that's how it's shaken out.
          Its my experience that the dissatisfied and most angry are the most vocal regardless if they are the majority or minority. I'm not talking just Internet fandoms. Pick the topic and I think this trend is most common.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe they are the ones still secretely hoping for a turn of events, while the others gave up.

Comment

I would be interested to see how it turns out. It's been well spoke of about different fans ideas and opinions on what they would like in a new show etc if one were to come about.

I think now though that with the time that has passed and from the dust being settled, what ever does come around now won't be held in the same light as SG1 etc, it will be viewed as it's own separate show, which is good so that it's not DIRECTLY compared, and at least stands a chance as a stand alone thing.

Comment

It would be a comic series of a script still (allegedly) written by the same PTB who were unable to be original with existing ideas (nothing is original these days).

Allegedly -- I never bought the idea that it existed in full.

Comment

I've never really been into comics as much as I have tried to be, I've really giving them time but find myself losing interest after 2/3 reads. I think sometimes it's the scope of it as well, an example being if this was a new series of 22 episodes and one was on t.v once a week, you look forward to watching the next, where as if it's 22 comic books to buy, you're like "wow,really?"

DC/Marvel especially as there are hundreds, and it's a heavy price investment if you want a physical copy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    I'm more of a packrat (than a lemming ) I suppose, just like collecting stuff!
                    me too! i have bought many collector's items i didn't really need to but i must have my collections complete!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    There's nothing sudden about it -- you must have missed the anti-season 4 and 5 threads when the show was airing. The hatred towards the coming of AT and the going of TH. The overuse of McKay and the underuse of Teyla and Ronon. The lack of understanding their own show of TPTB.

I mean, take your pick. There's simply nothing new about the lack of SGA-love, or the less than stellar praise for the show.

I'm a fan of the show, and certainly liked it to a certain extent, but I don't like how it ended or what it became.
                    AT = Amanda Tapping?
                    and what is TH?
                    TPTB = the powers that be?

Comment

Originally posted by REG2005 View Post
                      AT = Amanda Tapping?
                      Check.

and what is TH?
                      Torri Higginson (Elizabeth Weir in SG1 and SGA)

TPTB = the powers that be?
                      Check.

Also sometimes referred to as TPTW -- The Powers That Were

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

strange - I liked the later seasons more (except for stellar episodes like the end of the first season) than the earlier ones...but that's probably a matter of taste and debating that is a fruitless endeavour and so I will not even try

greetings LAX
                        ps: sorry for answering this so late (have been very busy!)

Comment

strange - I liked the later seasons more (except for stellar episodes like the end of the first season) than the earlier ones...but that's probably a matter of taste and debating that is a fruitless endeavour and so I will not even try
                          Yup, taste plays a big part.

I'm a big fan of the ladies and the way they were treated. I'm fairly sure had it been that way from the beginning I'd never gotten into the way I did.

ps: sorry for answering this so late (have been very busy!)
                          Don't worry -- we all someimes have busy lives.

Comment

As much as yes, I would prefer the movie, I'd happily buy the comics if they produced them. I'd love to see how TPTB envisioned (to some extent) the next direction.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                            X