Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfilmed Stargate: Extinction Movie Script May Be A Comic Series

Hey,

It's me - again, and again with a topic from the gateworld-main-site.

Link to the article:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2014/0...-comic-series/

So, how about it? What do you think about that?

For me, it's like this:

While I do like some Comics (Walt Disney comes to mind, like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck), "mainstream" comics (and comics from say Marvel and DC) did never hold my attention (i outright prefer either books (my fantasy conjures up better looking scenes anyway) or movies/tv-shows...probably because of the art-style...comics look so unrealistic mostly and in an action-setting (or science fiction) I don't like that)).

So I don't like this move of their's at all (!), I'd rather have the show remain in the mothballs then them trying to go for comics again (remember: Stargate Infinity was an animated series and it didn't really fly with the audience...just like Star Trek TAS I might add!)...makes me want to puke, I am sorry to say, that sometimes I think most of us here would make better marketing decisions like those highly payed professionals, that cancel shows that still make a profit (which is pretty damned stupid IMO)...

So, floor is yours, discuss

greetings LAX

Well I would have them rather actually film it then a comic of course but if they really do put it in a comic I'll probably buy it. I still haven't bought Waithfall yet but I'm thinking about it. I would rather have comics of it then nothing. The series should continue one way or another.

Comment

Considering my view of the script, or the outline more like wasn't exactly great, I really don't care they want to make a comic series out of it. They're setting themselves up for failure.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Considering my view of the script, or the outline more like wasn't exactly great, I really don't care they want to make a comic series out of it. They're setting themselves up for failure.
        agreed, reading the outline nearly made me cry from cringing. I don't think it'll be a success.

Comment

I'll buy it if they produce it. Because I'm curious and I'd like to see what they had planned. We are never going to get a SGA movie so this isn't taking away from anything. As a collector's item if nothing else.
          sigpic

Comment

I like there to be value in the item ... there's a reason I don't own either season 4 or 5 on DVD.

Comment

I'm more of a packrat (than a lemming ) I suppose, just like collecting stuff!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                I'm more of a packrat (than a lemming ) I suppose, just like collecting stuff!
                LOL!

I hope you have lots of space then.

Comment

So no movie yet , eh? lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't think there's ever going to be another SG-1, Atlantis or Universe movie or season. We are just going to have to accept that. Some of us (including me) already did. Sometimes a book is better than a movie, so I think it's best that every single one of us uses their own imagination and just come up with their own possible conclusions/futrher destinies of the characters from all three series.

Comment

I'd be more interested if they did an SGU comic continuation.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hmm; too late. If they had done this within two years of the show ending then I could have seen it working, but now? All this time later? I don't see it taking off somehow.

And after reading the outline I have to be honest, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Comment

I agree. If the franchise ever returns, it's not going to be ran by the same people anymore. Only if a miracle happens, we will see the SGA movie or anything new that has to do with the three series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                            If the franchise ever returns, it's not going to be ran by the same people anymore.
                            I sincerely hope not.

Comment

I can't think of a reason why should the same people return. They had a good run with SG-1, but they lost the direction of the TV series with Atlantis. They basically got stuck with recycling certain plots over and over again, until the viewers didn't get tired of it and eventually gave up watching the show. SGU was a nice idea, but there were so many factors working against it and that's what eventually brought the franchise down.

So we don't need to worry - the same writers are definitely not coming back. Unless something really wired happens and they come back anyway. But I'm completely sure that will not be the case.

Comment

Working...
                              X