Classical Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classical Battlestar Galactica

Who here liked or likes the classical Lorne Greene/Richard Hatch/Dirk Benedict/Maren Jensen Battlestar Galactica show?

I bought them on DVD when I saw them some years ago and actually quite enjoyed it. Many would class it as cheap science fiction but it was a good experience. My only problem was this one scene they always used - the one with the flying motorcylces that always take off and veer to the right into the sunset.

Comment

I remember liking it, and i did love the cylons, it was fun, a bit of fluff
      sigpic

Comment

I watched it a while back. I liked it a lot more than I was expecting.

But, you know, twice nothing is still nothing.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It has one of my favourite theme tunes.
          And I own the 1st season on DVD.
          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
          To thy own self... Be true
          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I believe Classic Battlestar only had the one season, with 24 episodes.

Comment

Well... There was that OTHER series... But it has been agreed that we shall never speak it's name.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I rewatched it after I saw the new series. It was a nostalgic expirience since it was something I watched with my father as a child. It takes a couple of moments to get passed the seventies sexism but once I put that behind me I quite enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed looking for the parallels between the remake and the original series. When I was watching it it surprised me that the remake didn't meet any new humans along the way as in tos every rock they encountered was populated.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                  I bought them on DVD when I saw them some years ago and actually quite enjoyed it. Many would class it as cheap science fiction but it was a good experience. My only problem was this one scene they always used - the one with the flying motorcylces that always take off and veer to the right into the sunset.
                  At the time it was the MOST expensive show on tv. That's what really killed it. And the flying motorcycles would have been from the BSG-1980 series on NBC. Which was Gawd Awful!
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the flyattractor View Post
                    at the time it was the most expensive show on tv. That's what really killed it. And the flying motorcycles would have been from the bsg-1980 series on nbc. Which was gawd awful!
                    i said we don't speak of it!

Comment

Speak of what?
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                        Speak of what?
                        You know. The other series...

Comment

What Other Series?? nudge nudge wink wink!~

And yes. It don't exist. Except maybe for the last Starbuck story. That one rocked.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Huge fan of the new Battlestar Galactica. I'm currently watching classic BSG, interested in seeing where it all began. I'm through the two parts of The Living Legend. Those two episodes were quite good, the best since the premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the season. I am planning on checking out Galactica 1980 after that.

Comment

I admit I wasn't overly keen on Galactica 1980.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                              X