• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oathkeeper (404)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FOUR
    OATHKEEPER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404
    As Daenerys deals with the fallout of battle in Meereen, Jon seeks volunteers to bring justice to the turncoats at Craster's keep -- which Bran and the others have stumbled upon. Sansa learns more of Littlefinger's plans, and Jaime defies his sister in seeking help from Brienne.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2014, 01:37 PM.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I loved the first 30 minutes of this episode. After that it was a bit 'Meh'. I don't know where to start. Suspicions confirmed about Littlefinger and I totally knew who he was talking about when he described his new friends. I was a little surprised by the necklace thing, but I also had a feeling there was something about it. My absolute favorite thing is that Brienne and Poderick are a team now.

Comment

Great episode!

I already knew most of what happened due to reading the books, but the end took me by surprise! I had never given what happened to the baby boys much thought but once we saw the white walker carrying the child on his, I figured that was what would happen, especially when they reached the 'altar'. Makes you wonder if Craster's actions are what brought them back to 'life' after their long winter and if sacrificing sons (or perhaps also daughters) was a long standing ritual among the wildlings way back when the white walkers were last present.

Oh and I was also surprised by Bran and co being captured by the mutineers! Poor Ghost being stuck in that cage. I'd been wondering what had happened to him. And now Summer is caught as well. Bran is a bit reckless when he's 'driving' Summer; you'd think being a human in an animal would make you more cautious, being aware of traps and everything.

I'm looking forward to seeing what'll happen with Bran and the others, and whether Jon will find them in time. It's rather different from what happened in the books, if I recall correctly. Unless Coldhands (right?) will make an appearance later on, of course.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I was trying to remember Bran's story
        Spoiler:
        bit I didn't recall them getting caught, I just know that, just like Arya and Robb, members of the Stark family pass frustratingly close to each other but never really cross paths.

I kinda figured that something had to be done to the baby boys. As I watched it I had the idea that's one reason craster had so many 'wives'.....he made some sort of pact with the walkers, he keeps them in 'sacrifices', they leave him alone.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought it was kind of odd to keep Ghost alive. Its not like they are going to trade him for something. I really liked how the dire wolves are a lot bigger now.

Comment

I liked the episode, but it still feels like the action hasn't picked up like they've said it would this season. So I expect things will get more intense. I loved Jamie's goodbye to Brienne and the scene with Grayworm and Misandei.

I also think it's worth noting how much Danaerys has grown. In season one she was kind of timid and unsure. Season 2 she was a Khaleesi that was being 'handled' by people. In season 3 she really started to find her own footing. Now she's Danaerys Stormborn, mother of dragons, freer of slaves, and ready to take what's hers and answer "Injustice with Justice."

She, like many other characters in this series, has really undergone a well-paced transformation. I still feel bad for Theon, though. I guess no one can say he hasn't paid for what he's done now (and perhaps then some in my opinion). I'm looking forward to seeing Asha's story and how she can perchance save him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
              I liked the episode, but it still feels like the action hasn't picked up like they've said it would this season. So I expect things will get more intense. I loved Jamie's goodbye to Brienne and the scene with Grayworm and Misandei.

I also think it's worth noting how much Danaerys has grown. In season one she was kind of timid and unsure. Season 2 she was a Khaleesi that was being 'handled' by people. In season 3 she really started to find her own footing. Now she's Danaerys Stormborn, mother of dragons, freer of slaves, and ready to take what's hers and answer "Injustice with Justice."

She, like many other characters in this series, has really undergone a well-paced transformation. I still feel bad for Theon, though. I guess no one can say he hasn't paid for what he's done now (and perhaps then some in my opinion). I'm looking forward to seeing Asha's story and how she can perchance save him.
              I'm surprised we haven't seen her yet...

Also, is it me or does John Snow's new friend (cant remember his name) seem a bit dodgy?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                I'm surprised we haven't seen her yet...

Also, is it me or does John Snow's new friend (cant remember his name) seem a bit dodgy?
                Isn't Jon's new "friend" Locke? Roose sent him up to Castle Black to see if Jon knew anything about where Bran and Rickon were; so he could kill them (and kill Jon too).

Lots of non-book stuff in this ep, but I really liked it a lot. I especially loved the ending with the White Walkers. Really nice to see Ghost again, I was beginning to wonder if he'd been killed on the show, and if I'd missed the part where it was mentioned/shown lol. I guess Owen from Torchwood(I can't remember his name on the show) thinks it makes him cool if he has a direwolf for a pet.
                sigpic

Comment

Locke is the one who cut Jamie's hand off i believe
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    Locke is the one who cut Jamie's hand off i believe
                    Yes, that's the guy at the wall with Jon, isn't it? The one pretending/saying he got sent up there so that he didn't have to get his hand cut off for poaching or whatever?
                    sigpic

Comment

pretty sure
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Oh good lol; I thought that I might have been mixing up characters for a second there.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh right, that's where I recognise him from! Thought Id seen him before and he was up there to cause trouble, thought he may be a wildling insider...

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. The twists, turns, and OMG moments.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                            X