• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposition Boulevard (216)

Visit the Episode GuideREVOLUTION - SEASON TWO
    EXPOSITION BOULEVARD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 216
    Miles and Monroe capture a pair of young recruits from the Patriots' reeducation center, leading to a conflict over how far they are willing to go to defeat the enemy. Aaron and Priscilla make their way home, and Neville must come up with a new plan to capture Monroe after Miles refuses to help him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 March 2014, 08:28 PM.

I was really irked with both Gramps and Rachael's Wussification in relation to what the patriots are doing. THey have watched them slowly come in an infest their town (and possibly the whole country) and seen what they do to enemies.. And they DON'T want to kill those who VOLUNTEER to work for them? WTF OVER!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      I was really irked with both Gramps and Rachael's Wussification in relation to what the patriots are doing. THey have watched them slowly come in an infest their town (and possibly the whole country) and seen what they do to enemies.. And they DON'T want to kill those who VOLUNTEER to work for them? WTF OVER!
      That didn't upset me nearly as much as the obviousness of how it is definitely going to come back to bite Miles. And the volunteers didn't know the truth when they volunteered.

My big thing is that I don't know if I really like or really hate the tattoo thing. I go back and forth. It seems awesome, but it also doesn't seem believable. I don't know, I guess I like it. I definitely hope it means we won't be getting a Connor, Charlie, Jason love triangle started. The relationships really drag this show down for me.

My biggest problem with this episode is Priscilla. I am starting to wonder if Aaron's whole side plot isn't happening in his head. Didn't Priscilla say she was married with children when she first came back to the series? I know what happened with her and the Nano made them leave her, but she never mentions them and never mentions trying to make that better. It seems really weird. And then what happened in this episode. So she's now controlled by the Nano or she always was or it is all still in his head. I can't figure it out. But ever since she reappeared and figured out what was causing her problem I have wondered why she isn't interested in reconciling with her kids.

BTW, here is a little sidebar I have been wondering about all season. When Miles appears in the first episode he stumbled out of a shed and appeared to be covered in blood. What was that? I think they might have been trying to establish a drinking problem, but it seemed much more ominous, especially how he looked back toward the shed. Am I just continuing to prove that I'm crazy? I have to be because they would have gone back and touched on that by now, right? They were just trying to show he was a bit of a drunk now, right?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Remember that they are unaware of the re-education centers and the drugs used to force people to fight for them (maybe more so since what just happened) and they know that the Patriots are telling lies and giving out oranges so it makes them appear more legitimate then Rachel appears to be.

Comment

^Yeah, Gene and Rachel didn't even know the extent of what was going on at the re-education centers until they tried to take that girl home to her dad. They thought that the kids were only being lied to and manipulated, and if they took them home and showed their parents(who were also being lied to and manipulated) what was going on, that they(the parents) could deal with the kids, and that they could possibly get the parents support while they were at it. The kids were pretty much victims in the whole thing too, they were not only being lied to, but they weren't even aware of what was being done to them, or what they did once they were "activated". I thought the whole "moral conflict" part of the episode was pretty well done and believable. The characters' reactions to the situation seemed natural for them to me.

Doing as Monroe suggested and killing the kids(so that they wouldn't have to fight them later), would have probably been the best(most logical) course of action given their situation; but it's understandable why Rachel and Gene wouldn't want the kids harmed(she'd lost a son and he'd known those kids and their families for a long time). It's also understandable why Miles chose not to shoot the kid once Rachel let him go. He'd done things like that before; he'd probably done things that were even worse than that, and he didn't like where it had led him. He's been trying to be a "better" person for awhile. It is likely that letting the kid go will just lead to them having to fight against him later on(with maybe Gene or someone getting killed or injured), since the kid will probably just run back to the recruitment camp. Another scenario could be that the kid sneaks back home to his parents, because he'd been so freaked out by what he'd seen/been through(he did see his friend turn into a mindless killer, shoot her father, and slit her own throat; I don't think that's what he signed up for). That could lead to his parents and the other townspeople beginning to doubt that the Patriots are the benevolent saviors they are pretending to be. The first scenario is probably the most likely though.

I was hoping that there would be more to Jason's time at reprogramming center, and I'm glad to see that there was; even if it's bad for Neville. I also liked that we got a little more backstory on the Patriots.

It was good to see that the show actually showed Aaron traveling, and didn't just have him suddenly arrive at Willoughby. It looks like Priscilla was taken over by the nanites for a bit. I'm hoping that the nanite story isn't leading to them wanting a baby from Aaron and Priscilla; but that was all I could think of when I saw her in the woods with the nano-flies lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X