• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Men (115)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    YES MEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 115
    The Asgardian warrior Lady Sif arrives on Earth in search of Lorelei, a deadly seductress who can control men with a touch -- and who sets her sights on a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2014, 10:14 PM.

Interesting episode. We learn Ward didn't love May but instead loves another probably Fritz. G. H. probably stands for guest house. I think they hinted the blue guy was a ice giant. Loki is a ice giant so I guess they come in small sizes.

May seems to be doing some spying but for who. Could be Fury, could be the clairvoyant.

Sky doesn't give a hoot about alien DNA. She is just happy to be alive. Now she and Coulson will hook up and be spy lovers.

Comment

every time any show has a storyline like this when an enemy has a power over men, they still send men after them, its so obviously stupid

Comment

may is probably spying for Fury...after all their leader was brought back to life with alien DNA....I'd keep an eye on him too.

The extreme need for secrecy - beyond typical government paranoia - comes from keeping their allies from finding 'gee, got one of your deceased here, don't mind that we're using him as a guinea pic k?'
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yep May is working for Fury

I'm pretty sure now that the alien found at the glass house is a kree, especially with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming up

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
          Interesting episode. We learn Ward didn't love May but instead loves another probably Fritz. G. H. probably stands for guest house. I think they hinted the blue guy was a ice giant. Loki is a ice giant so I guess they come in small sizes.

May seems to be doing some spying but for who. Could be Fury, could be the clairvoyant.

Sky doesn't give a hoot about alien DNA. She is just happy to be alive. Now she and Coulson will hook up and be spy lovers.
          I doubt Fury is the Clairvoyant but interesting theory, might be a Fury related bad guy tho

Sky/Coulson duo shall be called.........alien spliced..... Scoulson?
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

No no no Fury isn't the clairvoyant. May might be working for Fury or the Clairvoyant. Though it is probably Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
              every time any show has a storyline like this when an enemy has a power over men, they still send men after them, its so obviously stupid
              Agreed. Though to be honest, they had a full gang and cops to deal with and they only had 2 female team members that were mission capable, though Simmons isn't good in a fight.

Comment

True but she had to touch the guys. They probably thought they could keep a distance from her.

Comment

I liked how Coulson is starting to go a little "rogue" and wanting to take it to S.H.I.E.L.D.

My favorite part from the episode:

Lady Sif calling Coulson -- Phillip, son of Coul. Traces back to the first Thor movie with Thor calling him "Son of Coul".

Comment

My guess is shield higher ups.. See seemed quick to report that Coulson knows about his resurrection now..
                    As for Skye, i am surprised she is being so flippant about knowing that she is an 084 (unknown item of alien origin) and now also has more alien DNA in her.

Kind of like Hathor in SG1..
                    Though i wonder why there has been no equivalent 'mind taker' that is male who takes over women..?

Comment

True but she had to touch the guys. They probably thought they could keep a distance from her.
                      Well, Sif did say her voice, appearance, and touch were the ways that Lorelai could entrance men. Not just touch.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      My guess is shield higher ups.. See seemed quick to report that Coulson knows about his resurrection now..
                      As for Skye, i am surprised she is being so flippant about knowing that she is an 084 (unknown item of alien origin) and now also has more alien DNA in her.
                      More alien DNA? An 084 isn't about her being alien, it's that she is an Object of Unknown Origin, not alien. She could be man made, from the future, the past, etc. SHIELD just did not (does not) know where she came from.

Kind of like Hathor in SG1..
                      Though i wonder why there has been no equivalent 'mind taker' that is male who takes over women..?
                      Most likely, because it would be perceived as rape. Where as all men don't care if they are mind controlled into having sex with a beautiful woman.

Was she even that beautiful? I just wasn't attracted to her. In fact, I don't particularly fine any woman on SHIELD attractive guest-stars, starring, or not.

Comment

Okay, how about the big deal that they finally brought in a real superhero from the movies. A semi-minor one, but still a crossover. Just thought that needed to be highlighted a little more. Others have mentioned her, but I feel the point needed to be made because I hear a lot of people complaining about that when they complain about the show. Not necessarily in this forum, but I hear it.

And I think I will also point out that they did learn their lesson about sending male teams. The team that raided the hotel room in Vegas was all women. It was hard to tell, but they were; female voices and a couple quick glimpses of faces.

I enjoyed this episode for the most part. Really don't like that they're going to go there with Ward and Skye. Pathetic.

I really do like that May reported what she heard. I think something like that has been missing. The last few weeks they keep saying Coulson is going a little rogue and I haven't bought into the notion that no one is doing anything about it. Now we see May doing something about it.

And I don't think there is any way May is working for the Clairvoyant.

And I don't think that looked like an Ice Giant, even a short one.

I think the best theory is . . .

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

I'm pretty sure now that the alien found at the glass house is a kree, especially with the Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming up

I don't know what a Kree is, but that seems like something they would do. I posted another theory I heard in the previous episode's thread. I read a theory that said it might be a Marvel Universe immortal named Saul, who's real name is Garbha-Hsien. I don't really know a lot about the Marvel Universe outside the movies, but the initials match, "G.H."

So, I am really glad that Lady Sif showed up. I didn't care for the villain, but it was an okay episode.

Comment

Enjoyed this episode a lot, even with the plot holes.

While they did send an all-female SWAT team to check out the Vegas hotel (led by Coulson), it seems like they might have thought of that a little sooner. I was yelling at my TV, "Ward! Just shoot her already!" and the next thing I know, she has touched him and he is hers. Ugh.

Well, May knew Coulson was resurrected and the entire team was brought in on that news in the last episode (T.A.H.I.T.I.). I figured that the line "Coulson knows" was be referring to exactly how he was resurrected - that it has something to do with a blue alien. But perhaps it is some kind of misdirection? Someone is asking her what's going on with Coulson and now - as it will become clear that Coulson is going off on his own trying to track down answers - she has to report that he knows he came back from the dead and saw the Level 10 report. However, if that is the case, then she isn't reporting to Fury because he was the one who authorized Coulson to see the report on his death and recovery.

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                          I enjoyed this episode for the most part. Really don't like that they're going to go there with Ward and Skye. Pathetic.

I really do like that May reported what she heard. I think something like that has been missing. The last few weeks they keep saying Coulson is going a little rogue and I haven't bought into the notion that no one is doing anything about it. Now we see May doing something about it.

And I don't think there is any way May is working for the Clairvoyant.
                          I was really hoping to avoid the Skye/Ward thing too, but we will just have to wait and see.

I agree - don't think there is any way May is working for the Clairvoyant. It could be Fury, Maria Hill, Agent Hand, or even Agent Garrett. Perhaps even a character who will be in the upcoming movie. I always get the sense that May is looking out for Coulson. She has been trying to get him to talk about what's bothering him - first by saying she's there for him and then later trying to get him to talk to Skye.

And more on Melinda May - she is such a stoic character that it is hard to know what's going on in her head. Hearing that Ward wanted someone else, did that truly hurt her? I never got the sense that May was falling for Ward. All along she is the one that tells him to keep things professional. In T.R.A.C.K.S. when Ward says, "Does it seem like things are getting serious?" May just gives him a look until he clarifies that he is talking about the missions. When May jumps off the train, she rushes to Coulson and feels for a pulse. See the relief (and that lovely little smile) when she realizes he isn't dead. And watch May's interaction with Coulson while he treated her wound in that episode, too. I'm not saying May wouldn't feel anything about hearing that Ward cared for someone else, but being called a beautiful warrior with a heart of ice was probably more hurtful.

Did anyone else catch the vague reference to the mission where May earned her nickname The Cavalry? When Fitz is showing Ward and May the new Icers (formerly Night-Night guns), May has a line about how when you are dealing with people who are being controlled, it's hard to tell friend from foe. When Coulson told the story to Skye, he explained that there was a gifted individual whose worshippers/followers (they didn't find out exactly what) were holding agents and civilians hostage. May came to the rescue, but it sounds like there was angst there knowing that she'd have to hurt people who were being controlled.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

SHIELD just did not (does not) know where she came from.
                            SHIELD doesn't no anything about Sky, as far we know, apart from that she a hacker that Caulson recruited, we can presume whom or what ever she is, the two agent that hid her not just from SHIELD but also from the forces that attack the Chinese village considered SHIELD as much as a threat to her as the forces that attacked the village.

I'm pretty sure now that the alien found at the glass house is a kree,
                            According to Lady Seth the Asgard know the Kree and stopped them from destroying earth before, therefore one would presume they are keeping a close eye on them trying again, an surely would put a stop to any Kree forces that tried to invade Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              More alien DNA? An 084 isn't about her being alien, it's that she is an Object of Unknown Origin, not alien. She could be man made, from the future, the past, etc. SHIELD just did not (does not) know where she came from.
                              True an 084 could mean she is just from somewhere else but so far its always meant alien!

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              Most likely, because it would be perceived as rape. Where as all men don't care if they are mind controlled into having sex with a beautiful woman.
                              Which to me is a screwed up Double standard. Its ok for men to get mind raped and physically raped, as "They always want sex" but do it to a woman, and all of a sudden it becomes wrong.
                              Just like how it seems its ok to discriminate against men, but do so against woman and 'LAWSUIT!"

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                              I actually disliked that, as it made her seem like she has always been playing for the other team, a double agent of sorts..

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                              While they did send an all-female SWAT team to check out the Vegas hotel (led by Coulson), it seems like they might have thought of that a little sooner. I was yelling at my TV, "Ward! Just shoot her already!" and the next thing I know, she has touched him and he is hers. Ugh.
                              It was probably a nod back to chauvinism.. where guys won't shoot a gal even if they KNOW they are a threat till its too late to do anything..

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                              Did anyone else catch the vague reference to the mission where May earned her nickname The Cavalry? When Fitz is showing Ward and May the new Icers (formerly Night-Night guns), May has a line about how when you are dealing with people who are being controlled, it's hard to tell friend from foe. When Coulson told the story to Skye, he explained that there was a gifted individual whose worshippers/followers (they didn't find out exactly what) were holding agents and civilians hostage. May came to the rescue, but it sounds like there was angst there knowing that she'd have to hurt people who were being controlled.
                              It did seem like they were trying to hamm in a reference to that.. covertly.

Comment

Working...
                              X