I only just discovered this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only just discovered this.

I am liking this show........ It's just that little bit different that I like it.

I like almost all the characters. Can't trust those aliens with the white hair they remind me of the wraith kind of. I just don't trust them.

I want to know if anyone is playing the game and if that is fun. I am debating buying the game..

Reality TV is full of shtako
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Always good to see someone else taking an interest in a great show and a great universe.

I play the game and if many of the events in game are any indication so do MANY other people. Lots of new people I tend to see but still a lot of the people who first played months ago. That said I think you should form your own opinion of the game as many people do often take others at face value. You can try the game on PC (http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/pr...yUuvEHJYkW-cas).

However, I can't pass up the opportunity to promote the game. It is a very, very good game. It features some pretty cool characters and a great storyline (You can see the game plot in the game thread on here or the one I wrote on the Defiance Wiki, warning: spoilers).

Now lots of people tend to confuse how good the game is as to whether they got over 1 million damage points in events or whether they got any of the legendary weapons (their the rarest of the rares and yet people expect them all the time!) and when these unrealistic expectations aren't met they complain.

Yes, the game has some problems, but many problems people complain about are simply because they are running the game at the highest settings on a system that cannot handle it. They equate hardware limitations for software issues.

A lot of people seemed to have expected more from the game based on the fact that it works with the show. When we got DLC's that were rather small, they were outraged (don't get me wrong, the lack of story in these DLC's was annoying but I've learned to not expect the moon no matter what I'm taking part in).

One thing more people are outraged with is that fact that Defiance is transmedia. They are simply refusing to bother to learn a thing or two and then complain about lack of story. Yes the game and show can work autonomously but when working together and with other sources, they are greatly increased.

So I would recommend trying the game and seeing if you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Always good to see someone else taking an interest in a great show and a great universe.

I play the game and if many of the events in game are any indication so do MANY other people. Lots of new people I tend to see but still a lot of the people who first played months ago. That said I think you should form your own opinion of the game as many people do often take others at face value. You can try the game on PC (http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/pr...yUuvEHJYkW-cas).

However, I can't pass up the opportunity to promote the game. It is a very, very good game. It features some pretty cool characters and a great storyline (You can see the game plot in the game thread on here or the one I wrote on the Defiance Wiki, warning: spoilers).

Now lots of people tend to confuse how good the game is as to whether they got over 1 million damage points in events or whether they got any of the legendary weapons (their the rarest of the rares and yet people expect them all the time!) and when these unrealistic expectations aren't met they complain.

Yes, the game has some problems, but many problems people complain about are simply because they are running the game at the highest settings on a system that cannot handle it. They equate hardware limitations for software issues.

A lot of people seemed to have expected more from the game based on the fact that it works with the show. When we got DLC's that were rather small, they were outraged (don't get me wrong, the lack of story in these DLC's was annoying but I've learned to not expect the moon no matter what I'm taking part in).

One thing more people are outraged with is that fact that Defiance is transmedia. They are simply refusing to bother to learn a thing or two and then complain about lack of story. Yes the game and show can work autonomously but when working together and with other sources, they are greatly increased.

So I would recommend trying the game and seeing if you like it.

Well you sold me........ I'm getting the game on PC.

How do you talk to people in the game?

And can you make your own clan/group or whatever it's called?

Comment

There is a chat feature in game (which has been redesigned again and again, although there really was nothing wrong with it in the first place) which allows you to chat with the zone, area, clan, team etc. You can also use voice chat if you want to - I never have so not sure if it is still in the game or not, but many people use other services for voice chat.

You can create a clan, you need an EGO rating (level) of 50 and 5,000 scrip to do so, clans get bonuses when they level up in certain things like arkfalls, emergencies etc so working with a clan is good. I have only two characters both of which are in different clans but my main character by the name of Escyos is in the 7th Legion Warriors clan.

Comment

That's good to know......... I've decided to get the game.....

Is there any ongoing costs though. This is the part of these kind of games that I don't like.

EA I'm looking at you...

Some games and game companies try to milk every last possible dime from you so wondering how bad it is in Defiance?

Comment

Well you can buy the DLC's (or all 5 in the season pass) but its not necessary. You can buy 'Bits' which you can use to buy special outfits, vehicles etc in the Defiance Store.

There are no mandatory payments or anything like that. I would suggest getting the DLC's, they do add a few things to the game.

Comment

I need help with the game help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I buy the season pass do I pay for any of the 5 dlc?

I'm stuck with a few other things too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                I need help with the game help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I buy the season pass do I pay for any of the 5 dlc?

I'm stuck with a few other things too.
                The season pass IS only paying for the dlc's.. All 5 of them. But the 5th hasn't come out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisrulez View Post
                  The season pass IS only paying for the dlc's.. All 5 of them. But the 5th hasn't come out yet.

From forum chatter the DLC's don't seem to be worth it........

I wish I had friends to play online with as it's not a very social game even when others are around on the play area.... I'm doing my missions in a slightly different order and only just did the mission with Nolan and Irisa. But I am stuck in one of the camps looking for a crystal or gem thing... Those raiders I'm finding hard to fight haha.......

Comment

From forum chatter the DLC's don't seem to be worth it........

I wish I had friends to play online with as it's not a very social game even when others are around on the play area.... I'm doing my missions in a slightly different order and only just did the mission with Nolan and Irisa. But I am stuck in one of the camps looking for a crystal or gem thing... Those raiders I'm finding hard to fight haha.......
                    True some people claim the DLC's are not worth it, but they are actually ok. They add a tonne of content to the game that without it people would still be complaining. There is no pleasing some people. As I tell many others you should form an opinion yourself as many people are just insane and shouldn't be listened to.

If you were only going to buy one DLC, I would suggest Gunslinger Trials. Gives you access to new arenas and missions, plus some cool weapons that give you two EGO powers temporarily.

The thing with Defiance is that its transmedia, but when something in the game is not explained yet is elsewhere, people get in a rage.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      True some people claim the DLC's are not worth it, but they are actually ok. They add a tonne of content to the game that without it people would still be complaining. There is no pleasing some people. As I tell many others you should form an opinion yourself as many people are just insane and shouldn't be listened to.

If you were only going to buy one DLC, I would suggest Gunslinger Trials. Gives you access to new arenas and missions, plus some cool weapons that give you two EGO powers temporarily.

The thing with Defiance is that its transmedia, but when something in the game is not explained yet is elsewhere, people get in a rage.

I've noticed that on the actual Defiance forums. Lots of people complaining about lots of things.

Comment

I've noticed that on the actual Defiance forums. Lots of people complaining about lots of things.
                        Yes, unfortunately a lot of people were expecting the same amount of content that initially came with the game for every DLC. They seem to be unable to grasp that it takes lots of time to make things in the game and make sure they work right. And even with the last DLC, they found reason to complain and it is the biggest one yet - they're complaining that it has no end. Of course it has no end, its meant to run into other things!

Comment

Yeah. The Dlc's aren't great. At least not for the price their asking for. And no. From what I heard of them. It's not much content at all. I only bought one personally. The first dlc Castithan charge pack. Which was alright.
                          People do complain a lot on the Defiance forum. Because we've played the game for quite a while now. It gets boring and some of the changes that are made to the game ruin it more then improve it. Recent scoring changes ruined it for people who play solo, the small expensive dlc's, waiting forever for them to follow through with the season pass, errors with timeouts, price changes to scrip for keycodes, and modding. Yeah. Most people are annoyed.
                          But the game isn't all bad. Especially since you've only recently started playing it. It'll be fun at first.
                          Last edited by Atlantisrulez; 18 March 2014, 12:10 AM.

Comment

In my first post I didn't like the Castithans but now they're my favourites, well not so much Datak but I do love Stahma, because she's a very interesting and sneaky character... I like that as it's interesting. I think the women wear the pants in a Castithan home

Comment

Ha. Yeah. The men are supposed to be in charge but the lady knows how to manipulate like a boss.

Comment

Working...
                              X