What's inside a Stargate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's inside a Stargate?

A friend of mine is building a 3D CG model of a Stargate, and he was wondering if there are any ideas of what is INSIDE the gate (not the real prop, the fictional technology). Like magnets holding the ring, or the control crystals or something.

Does anyone know of anything? Cutaway drawings, concept art perhaps?

I guess the mini stargate that was built in Carter's basement at some point could be a hint at what a Stargate looks like underneath?

No cutaway drawings, at least not any official ones. I would wager that they are mostly Naquadah, but maybe underneath the chevron's they have a crystal-filled panel.

Comment

I think it's very miniaturized technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurluas View Post
        I think it's very miniaturized technology.
        Probably machinery operating at the nanoscale and microscale and milliscale together, with structural atoms and functional atoms being one and the same.

Comment

I wonder if it is solid with the exception of the ring that moves but everything is 'laid out' so like if you were to cut it in sections, you could see it layered, with one layer acting like copper wiring wrapped around a core, and another layer acting like conductors and resistors.
          Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
            I wonder if it is solid with the exception of the ring that moves but everything is 'laid out' so like if you were to cut it in sections, you could see it layered, with one layer acting like copper wiring wrapped around a core, and another layer acting like conductors and resistors.
            That's what I think would at least look good.

Comment

Working...
            X