• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mommy Dearest (314)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    MOMMY DEAREST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 314
    A horrible new predator creeps into Portland with its sight set on a young expectant couple who are close friends of Sgt. Wu. Meanwhile, Adalind prepares for a special delivery while her enemies are hot on her trail. (NBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 March 2014, 09:25 PM.

Ok, so i missed the beginning, but that was mean to let Wu think he's nuts.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know poor Wu. I can see both sides of the decision to tell him or not. But Nick could have at least admitted he saw something strange about that woman too and pretend to be just as confused. It may of helped Wu not think he was crazy (actually this would have helped Hank too). And also Drew? not what I expected (probably short for Andrew).
      sigpic

Comment

I was wondering if show is hinting that Nick is getting more....um....maybe "calculating" is the right word? Because Hank most definitely didn't agree with how Nick handled Wu seeing wesen and they made a point of showing us that. That might make sense after the zombie stuff. At first he was switching back and forth, but maybe the zombie effect is taking over more completely, even down to his level of empathy.

Also, dang I wish this show had better CGI and/or effects. This episode could have had a creep-factor up there with the X-Files episode where the guy can see the bug creature but no one else can. (I think it's "Folie a Deux") The Aswang coming through the window and Wu's nightmares of it were written and acted really well and scary, I thought, but what we saw looked like a video game. I think it'd actually be better if they didn't show us so much with CGI and went back to more old-fashioned techniques using "smoke and shadows" type filming. Adalind's baby's eyes were creepy, but the hair effect looked a little silly. I think just seeing the eyes would have been way scarier.

Comment

Callista, you have a really good idea about the zombie fall out. I will need to keep this in mind as the show continues. Good call!

On a slightly different note - I guess I am basically upset as Nick has been taking hit after hit this season. My objection in this episode is that while all four discussed it, they removed and distanced (thereby absolved) the others as the complications rolled out. I love this show but my addiction is starting to crack as some characters can do no wrong but Nick is square in their sights on being called out repeatedly. I love his dark edginess but I guess it comes at a price.

It was a creepy episode. Ooh, Adalind is back in the fray, yay. Renard was cute when he heard he had a little girl. Wu got some good stuff and looking forward to seeing what Reggie does next with it. Adalind's protector is a hottie.
          Last edited by kathy-a; 09 March 2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

so finally we know Wu's name, I'm a little bit disappointed
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              I'm a little bit disappointed
              That's not new, that's season3-standard.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

And the weekly picspam you can find at my LJ

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Yeah, Drew Wu . . . seriously?! Lol

But I really don't like how this one ended. I am pretty sure this is a very poor way to exit Wu from the show. Sorry, but I don't see checking yourself into a mental institution being a great career movie for a Police Officer. I think TV Show economics may have kicked in and they decided to trim a salary for next season because so many big salaries are going to be commanded. I really don't like that they did this to Wu. This ruins Wu and really does not make Nick or Hank look good.

Did anyone else feel like the couple did a very poor job of faking accents? It sure seemed that way to me.

And why did they go through with Adalind getting her powers back?! I am so not interested in her becoming a villain again. That is the salary they should trim.

And I also completely agree that the CGI was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    Yeah, Drew Wu . . . seriously?! Lol

But I really don't like how this one ended. I am pretty sure this is a very poor way to exit Wu from the show. Sorry, but I don't see checking yourself into a mental institution being a great career movie for a Police Officer. I think TV Show economics may have kicked in and they decided to trim a salary for next season because so many big salaries are going to be commanded. I really don't like that they did this to Wu. This ruins Wu and really does not make Nick or Hank look good.

Did anyone else feel like the couple did a very poor job of faking accents? It sure seemed that way to me.
                    Reggie Lee already said he isn't leaving the show after fans were concerned

Those were real accents, not faked
                    sigpic

Comment

I´m not surprised about Wu´s first name. I always suspected that they´ll choose a rhyming name.... and IMO Drew is better than Lou.

But I seriously hope Nick feels bad about leaving Wu in the dark by next episode.

And am I the only one who always has to giggle at all those little telltale signs that show that Europe scenes are not playing in Europe (specifically Austria)? They can show me the newest and biggest Mercedes or BMW model, even with faked license plates, BUT the street markings are not Austrian, as are the delineators.
                      Also that cabin in the woods is not typically Austrian. And Austrian (Western-European) woods are not that owergrown and jungle like as they show it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                        Reggie Lee already said he isn't leaving the show after fans were concerned

Those were real accents, not faked
                        I am so glad to hear that because he is one of my favorites, but what is he going to do? It would be ridiculous to have him back on the force.

And are you sure about those accents? The guy in particular seemed really inconsistent; like one minute he had an accent and the next minute he didn't. His wife was consistent, but didn't sound natural.

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post

But I seriously hope Nick feels bad about leaving Wu in the dark by next episode.

And am I the only one who always has to giggle at all those little telltale signs that show that Europe scenes are not playing in Europe (specifically Austria)? They can show me the newest and biggest Mercedes or BMW model, even with faked license plates, BUT the street markings are not Austrian, as are the delineators.
                        Also that cabin in the woods is not typically Austrian. And Austrian (Western-European) woods are not that owergrown and jungle like as they show it.
                        He certainly better feel bad about it because now Wu is going to have to become a paid sidekick.

It is shocking how much Austria looks like the northwestern United States. I guess it just goes to show you that it really is a small world. I mean they are driving BMWs and Mercedes and we all know where those come from so it HAS to be Austria. Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. Something is up. There aren't any Volkswagens, except Munroe's and he is in America! WHAT?!?! (Yeah it is incredible how poorly they hide the fact that they really didn't want to put effort into convincing us it was Austria. I certainly hope someone in Austria sees this and then starts searching the countryside for that forest with that cabin tucked away inside because they have quite a task ahead of them.)

Comment

I am so glad to hear that because he is one of my favorites, but what is he going to do? It would be ridiculous to have him back on the force.
                          Well Hank had a tough time at first and he is back on the force
                          sigpic

Comment

He certainly better feel bad about it because now Wu is going to have to become a paid sidekick.
                            I´d love to see that. He´d be a great addition to the team.

It is shocking how much Austria looks like the northwestern United States. I guess it just goes to show you that it really is a small world. I mean they are driving BMWs and Mercedes and we all know where those come from so it HAS to be Austria. Wait a second, wait a second, wait a second. Something is up. There aren't any Volkswagens, except Munroe's and he is in America! WHAT?!?! (Yeah it is incredible how poorly they hide the fact that they really didn't want to put effort into convincing us it was Austria. I certainly hope someone in Austria sees this and then starts searching the countryside for that forest with that cabin tucked away inside because they have quite a task ahead of them.)
                            I know they don´t have the budget to shoot in Austria or anywhere in Europe, but it still hurts my feelings a bit... as Austrian.

Besides, the most popular cars here are VW Golf and Polo, you hardly see any old Beetles around anymore.

I certainly hope someone in Austria sees this and then starts searching the countryside for that forest with that cabin tucked away inside because they have quite a task ahead of them.)
                            Well, I, for sure, won´t be that Austrian.

I´d like to write a list with all those little, supposed-to-be-Austrian things.
                            sigpic

Comment

I really liked the final scene where they were all together eating at one table. It was a very awkward situation. Trying to go along, but finding it very difficult
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                              X