• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.a.h.i.t.i. (114)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    T.A.H.I.T.I.
    EPISODE NUMBER - 114
    To save one of their own Coulson defies orders and takes his team in search of the technology that brought him back from the dead, enlisting aid from Ward's former S.O. John Garrett.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 June 2014, 10:15 PM.

So what was that thing that Coulson found in the underground bunker
    ? An alien, anther super solder program.

I suspect the reason they rewire his brain was to get around the effects of that serum they injected him with. An the team will not have that machine this time to rewire sky brain and I got a feeling it will wake up what ever abilities or secrets sky has.
    Last edited by knowles2; 05 March 2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

I suspect the reason they rewire his brain was to get around the effects of that serum they injected him with. An the team will not have that machine this time to rewire sky brain and I got a feeling it will wake up what ever abilities or secrets sky has.
      Have to admit that I found the episode a bit boring, so I wasn't paying as much attention as pershaps I should. However, I think it was the remains of one of the aliens from the Avengers flick, and the "drug" is some sort of chemical being extracted from one of its glands.

This would of course mean that
      Spoiler:
      that Coulson and Skye are now hybrids.

regards,
      G.
      Go for Marty...

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea what the corpse Coulson found is supposed to be. I don't think it was a Chitauri because it didn't really look like one and why would the initials "G.H." be on the container? Here I thought I was the only one who had no idea what I was looking at. So somebody who knows read this thread right . . . . . . . . nnnow!

Comment

Who do you think the guards were working for? SHIELD? Hydra? Hammer? it would be kinda cool if it was Hammer but i suspect Justin Hammer is incarcerated after the events of Iron Man 2, maybe Hydra with The Winter Soldier coming up? or S.W.O.R.D? because of Guardians of the Galaxy? and the thing possibly being an Inhuman?

It's an Engineer jk i'm guessing the thing they found is either a Kree or an Inhuman, personally my money is on an Inhuman because i suspect that's what sky is

When the thing first opened i thought they were gonna find Coulson's original body or an lmd of coulson or something kinda glad that wasn't what happened
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            Who do you think the guards were working for? SHIELD? Hydra? Hammer?
            Nick Fury, they work directly for him an the bunker is a off the book facility that he was trying to hide from other parts of Shield.

When the thing first opened i thought they were gonna find Coulson's original body or an lmd of coulson or something kinda glad that wasn't what happened
            Same here.

GH sounds for Guest House, which suggests that whoever that alien as he was a guest and not a prisoner, perhaps that why Fury kept him secret, he didn't want other elements of SHIELD to exploit the drug that could be extracted from his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

This would of course mean that
              Spoiler:
              that Coulson and Skye are now hybrids.

regards,
              G.

Not really, hybrid suggests two species merge together. As far we know all they have done is inject a drug derive from his body.

Comment

I'm thinking it would have all been a bit easier if they had just taken Skye to see Miracle Max.

1.) The meaning of G.H. could be something as simple as "growth hormone".

2.)
                Not really, hybrid suggests two species merge together. As far we know all they have done is inject a drug derive from his body.
                Perhaps hybrid wasn't the best choice of a word, but then we do not know the full properties of that drug. It may affect the recipient on a genetic level, giving them the physical properties of the donor race (such as an enhanced recuperative/regenerative capability), and it might also make them green, and think that it's okay being a skrull...

I'm a bit curious as to why there really was the need to probe Coulson's brain. If all that was being done to him was an injection which would help him regenerate a damaged heart, why did they have to open up his brain? If there was a given reason, I missed it. Might it be that they were trying to minimize the effects of the drug on Coulson's mind as well as his body? And, as you noted above, what indeed will be the effect of the drug on Skye without this brain machine to sort things out?

This being said, Skye was only mostly dead, unlike Coulson who was all dead.

regards,
                G.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

I read someone guessed it might be Saul aka Garbha-Hsien. I have no idea who that is because I know basically nothing about Marvel comics, but this person said that character is an immortal.

WOO-HOO! 500TH POST. It just feels good....Ya know....Like I've really done something with my life.

Comment

I thought the organization was T.A.H.I.T.I hence the organization's name on the door/wall whatever that was.

Comment

T.A.H.I.T.I is certainly a code name for something, but whether it's the project or the being I'm not sure we have enough information to decipher.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        T.A.H.I.T.I is certainly a code name for something, but whether it's the project or the being I'm not sure we have enough information to decipher.
                        Well Colson did say that Fury went outside of SHIELD to bring him back. Guess that's why I thought T.A.H.I.T.I. was an organization outside of SHIELD

Comment

Finally caught this ep. I am wondering if that critter might have been a killed/captured Ice giant.. His skin WAS blue after all..
                          And i loved the guest star Bill paxton.

Comment

Caught up with this episode.
                            What the T.A.H.I.T.I underground bunker belong to? Is it SWORD, or other group?
                            it seem that Director Fury went to a great length to keep this outside of shield
                            is it avoid other dark element inside of shield to abuse it?
                            it seem Skye didn't have huge reaction with GH-325, which extracted from blue Alien body, is it possible Skye is a 0-8-4 hybrid?

Love to see May beat up Ian Quinn and Garrett bully him though!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X