The Grove (414)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
    At first I was just a tad annoyed at how seemingly inconsistent they were in writing Lizzy's character. I mean usually psychopath/sociopath's have zero empathy for anything or anyone. So I find it hard to believe that Lizzie would feel nothing for the living things...rabbits....people...her sister But have empathy for these dead walkers. I mean she cried more over the walker at the prison fence getting killed than her own father.... so it just seemed weird that she had the capacity for showing empathy it was just greatly misplaced. I think the writers invented a new type of mental illness there. I just don't think she would have any empathy for anyone. So yeah that was a bit inconsistent to me. I guess they were just trying to show that she was just so looney that her thought process was just unable to reason this all out properly.
    It felt very reasonable. It's just about one condition. Lizzie didn't speak about it to others, but she did mention to Mika that she could "hear" the zombies.

Whether this was a condition she was born with or something that she developed after the end of the world is up in the air. But I could see it either way.

The zombies don't have guns, they don't say mean things. They are always present, they will not die like her dad or mother. They can continue on.

People can grow attach to just about anything and disconnect with regular human beings. It's not new.

In terms of survival she is right, Tyrees doesn't need to kill every walker he sees, even if it seems like a safe bet. Best to deal with them when you have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
      In terms of survival she is right, Tyrees doesn't need to kill every walker he sees, even if it seems like a safe bet. Best to deal with them when you have no choice.
      Not really, we have seen time and time again, that these things just play Dead at that point and wait for someone to get close enough. Better to get rid of them so they cant bite anyone else, as small as the chance might be.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        Not really, we have seen time and time again, that these things just play Dead at that point and wait for someone to get close enough. Better to get rid of them so they cant bite anyone else, as small as the chance might be.
        An if they ever intend to make the world a safer place eliminating any zombies they come across, especially lone individuals is the way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          An if they ever intend to make the world a safer place eliminating any zombies they come across, especially lone individuals is the way to do it.
          So I'm suppose to risk my life to kill any walkers I see, so potentially down the road the world is a safer place?

As it stands now, the zombie population is only growing with every death whether from bites or no-bites. So right now, their goal has to be survival and not killing zombies when they aren't forced.

Now if there was some way to "cure" people to prevent them from coming back as zombies, then sure I could see a settlement taking patrols and using traps to take out the remaining zombies. But right now, it just ain't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            So I'm suppose to risk my life to kill any walkers I see, so potentially down the road the world is a safer place?

As it stands now, the zombie population is only growing with every death whether from bites or no-bites. So right now, their goal has to be survival and not killing zombies when they aren't forced.

Now if there was some way to "cure" people to prevent them from coming back as zombies, then sure I could see a settlement taking patrols and using traps to take out the remaining zombies. But right now, it just ain't worth it.
            I would do it, just for the sake to protect others. I might have noticed that Walker was still alive, but someone else comming by might not and loose their life. Of course Survival is important, but the Walkers need to be dealt with sooner or later. If not, they will just gather at the next point where they find Food and just increase their Numbers like we saw at the Prison, till there is nothing left.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              I would do it, just for the sake to protect others. I might have noticed that Walker was still alive, but someone else comming by might not and loose their life. Of course Survival is important, but the Walkers need to be dealt with sooner or later. If not, they will just gather at the next point where they find Food and just increase their Numbers like we saw at the Prison, till there is nothing left.
              An the walkers at this stage are only threats in large numbers, the vast majority of people alive are just to experience at fighting zombies for them to be a serious threat on a 1 on 1 bases. Even children are taken zombies down with little to no trouble.

In this situation I be doing everything I can so that one day I can sleep knowing I am not going to wake up surrounded by walkers.

Right the zombie population increasing, base on our view of this world is, the zombie population rapidly decreasing, we must have easily seen the gangs take out in excess of a 100 zombies and not a single human being turn into a zombie.

There no need for a cure, designing the correct accommodation can make a community zombie resistance. An if you can regain our technical capabilities, building wristbands with heart monitoring and a mobile signal would further enhance the community. Plus everyone alive now is more than capable of taking care of themselves.
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 22 March 2014, 09:50 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Comment

I know it's terrible to say, but everyone is better off with Lizzie gone. She did not see them as a threat, and would never actually kill them. Her disregard for them as a threat and her actions in general endangered everyone. When she first started acting weird I knew she would be a problem that needed to be dealt with.

Her sister, however, did not deserve that fate. But Lizzie certainly did.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  I know it's terrible to say, but everyone is better off with Lizzie gone. She did not see them as a threat, and would never actually kill them. Her disregard for them as a threat and her actions in general endangered everyone. When she first started acting weird I knew she would be a problem that needed to be dealt with.

Her sister, however, did not deserve that fate. But Lizzie certainly did.
                  She did kill at least 1 walker after they attacked Mika, her sister.

Comment

Four words...

Of Mice And Men

Was all I could think of as Carol took Lizzy for "that" walk...

Shocking, totally shocking...

Love it.
                    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                    and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                    X