Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were ideas for the 9th chevron BEFORE the show?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or trough other dimensions and alternate realities.

OR

They use the Stargate to make some characters from some other Sci-Fi shows be a part of the Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by WavyRancheros View Post
      Hi,

I was wondering, what did fans speculate about what the 9th chevron does BEFORE the SGU show was created? Google search doesn't bring much helpful up, since everything is drowned in SGU information. Time travel and alternate universes come up a few times.
      if you are talking about the stargate producers, i couldn't tell ya.....i would be interested in knowing why 9 back in the movie......certainly they didn't have all of this in mind

but my thoughts were more based on an extremely literal reading of Genesis chapter 1
      if you read Genesis 1, and take it for what it says

there are the upper and lower waters, with a divider between them which was first called a firmament which is a terrible translation of the Hebrew roqiya.....roqiya simply means an expanse, and the text later calls the roqiya, heaven, and the stars were placed there
      so, everywhere where there are stars is this roqiya, and beyond that are the upper waters, and beyond the upper waters is emptiness, where, Genesis says, the spirit of God hovered on the surface of the waters

in other words, that which we call outer space, it is not limitless........the mass of the universe is expanding into something, i.e. empty space

i was hoping that the 9th chevron might have something to do with going out side of the expanding universe, into the empty space

Comment

Being there is a lot of talk thinking they were the ones who made that Alternate reality mirror device, i felt that the gates also going to an AR was most likely at first.

Comment

i figured that they weren't going to go that route as that would end up being too close to Sliders........i figured that the producers were going to leave the AR with the mirror

but i am trying to figure this out, what is the difference between an Alternate time line and an Alternate Reality......they seem like the same thing to me

Comment

There is IMO no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by WavyRancheros View Post
              Hi,

I was wondering, what did fans speculate about what the 9th chevron does BEFORE the SGU show was created? Google search doesn't bring much helpful up, since everything is drowned in SGU information. Time travel and alternate universes come up a few times.
              Dialing the ninth causes the gates to wipe everybody out in the galaxy.

End show.

Comment

The main difference appears to be that.. An alternate timeline is a different chain of events taking place in their own universe. An alternate reality is a chain of events taking place in a different universe, with a different starting composition than ours.

An alternate timeline has a limitation on how different it can be, an alternate reality can have entirely different laws of physics.

Comment

Working...
                X