Could the Tollan help Earth in 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the Tollan help Earth in 2010?

We know th e Tollan to have been more advanced than the Earthans. What do people think about whether Tollan MEDICAL technology could've helped Earth reverse its mass sterilization?
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Perhaps, but who's to say that they did not suffer the same fate as they did in our timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      Perhaps, but who's to say that they did not suffer the same fate as they did in our timeline.
      Good point. Unless the Aschen dealt Anubis an effective blow somehow, which would keep him from trying to co-opt the Tollan, but not likely Noobie himself b/c of his half-ascended nature.
      Last edited by StargateWatcher; 11 February 2014, 08:48 AM.
      If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
      [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Well asgards are the best bet like always but sure tollans could do it too. I am sure the tollans were more advanced than the aschen who were more about medical weaponry.

Comment

While i'm not certain of it, yes the Tollan do have a good position to "fix" it.

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
            Well asgards are the best bet like always but sure tollans could do it too. I am sure the tollans were more advanced than the aschen who were more about medical weaponry.
            Good point--the Asgard; sadly those guys were gone by 2006, or hiding. The Ori could do it too, but they'd demand you promise to worship them first.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              While i'm not certain of it, yes the Tollan do have a good position to "fix" it.
              yeah; hard to be certain completely but the Tollan's health implants showed they had advanced medicine

maybe sarcophagi could do it too?

Comment

Who's to say the Ori would have ever gotten to be a threat had S9 not happened, which by 2010 it would have been and gone.
                As to the Tolan, i say they could have done something. heck they had tech that neutralized the Gou'ald in a person allowing the host to speak. They were pretty advanced.
                But that's assuming the Ashen would have let us contact them.

Comment

maybe sarcophagi could do it too?
                  Depends on how the sarcophagus determines what is healthy and not. It's not like there's much consistency with that, it just seems to "know" what healthy is. So based on that, most probably yes.

Comment

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
                    good point

Comment

Tollans were advanced enough to have the Nox help them technologically.

Plus I vaguely remember something about the last episode they appeared in that Tollans had great medical care but obviously could not stop one of their people dying relatively young looking.
                      Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
                        Tollans were advanced enough to have the Nox help them technologically.

Plus I vaguely remember something about the last episode they appeared in that Tollans had great medical care but obviously could not stop one of their people dying relatively young looking.
                        If you're referring to Omac, he was murdered. He didn't die of any natural causes.

Comment

Which makes me wonder if their medical care is just age/disease focused vice trauma focused.

Comment

hm...

I would guess so (if we assume they are still around...), but on the other hand, they might decline (after all: we allied ourself with the Ashen - which was an unwise, rash and emotional decision (they dislike those, as seen in the Episode with Klorel, where they debated wether a Goa'uld had the right to his host-body (!) instead of just removing it and shipping it off!))

No, earth's best bet would probably be the Asgard (if they didn't succumb to the genetic defect already!)...

I wounder if the Tollan could keep the Ashen away from themselves (we know that they have advanced weapons (ion-cannons, phaseshift-bombs etc.), but we do not know how well armed the Ashen are...all we have seen are their bioweapons...but, we can of course speculate, after all, they have transporter-technology (without the need for physical-rings, like the goa'uld one!) which IMO indicates, that they are at least on par with the Goa'uld in space (probably a little further, if they can face off against them without fear...a bioweapon alone would not help, because the snakes would still burn the "protected" planet out of spite (if they can't have it, so can't anyone else!)...we just don't know how the Tollan would stack up though, as we have never seen their spaceships (we don't even know if they have armed ships...the only thing we know is, that Anubis's forces shot down the ships that attempted to leave their new homeworld...)

So, really, SG-1 didn't have any other option then attempting timetravel (they didn't know if the Asgard could help (they knew that their fleet was tied down against a powerfull enemy, that's why they bluffed the Goa'uld and only used ONE OLD SHIP in the milkyway (Thor's milkyway ship is old compared to other Asgard Ships!)), they probably do not know if the Tolan are still there, the Jaffa are diminished (and only some would even want to help the Tauri - as Tealc says), we don't know the state the Tok'ra are in (with their zero/negative growth of population and the use of biological warfare by the Ashen...hell their weapon is probably like the symbiote-poison and killed many Tok'ra and Jaffa non-believers!) and most other advanced races are either pacifists (Nox!), extinct (Furlings, Ancients), ascended (some Ancients) or don't like us much (or we do not even know of them jet, like the people from "Grace" - not that they would probably help us!)...

Hell, I would love an alternate solution to that episode (I read a fanfiction where Sam and Jack beat the crap out of the Ashen, with Asgard help)...but with what the team knew, they only had one option (I would guess that the Ashen don't tell everyone of every advanced race they meet - just in case their plan would ever be discovered (we know that had happened once - on the planet we meet them for the second time!) and the desperate races try to get help against their Ashen masters!)

greetings LAX
                            ps: forgive my misstakes in this posting, it's quite early in the morning, i am tired and we just switched to summer-time (meaning it's even later than before ^^)

Comment

Working...
                            X