Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Star Trek TV Series (Rumors\Discussion\News\Speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Star Trek TV Series (Rumors\Discussion\News\Speculation)

People have been talking about the next Star Trek TV series since Enterprise ended in 2005. JJ Abrams revival of the movie franchise has proven very popular and has brought a great deal of attention back to the franchise allowing many of us to realistically hope for a relaunch of the tv franchise.

One issue is that CBS owns the TV rights while Paramount owns the film rights, but hopefully they can work that out as in the past.

In a potentially wondrously joyous tweet for Star Trek fans, Sky News reporter Joe Michalczuk shared word that Bob Orci told him he’s met with CBS to talk about bringing Star Trek back to the small screen.
    Bob Orci just told me they've had a meeting with CBS to revive @StarTrek on TV...This made me v excited
    — Joe Michalczuk (@joemichalczuk) October 8, 2013
    -source article

All this means is people are inquiring about rights and such, but at least it is the right people. We'll see.
    sigpic

RUMOR

This article has premises for 2 rumored Star Trek Universe shows, but sounds right in CBS sweet spot so we'll see.

A CBS insider leaked to us an announcement about shows in development for the fall 2014 season line up. Due to increased demand for Start Trek to be back on TV after the new JJ Abrams movies, CBS is once again boldly going where no one has gone before. According to our source not one but two Star Trek related shows are in development.
    Star Trek CSI and EMS

A new Starship
    The first of the shows is a Police Procedural based in the Star Trek universe. The working title is Star Fleet Investigative Section, or SFIS, which promises to be a sci-fi version of CSI or NCIS.

The plot outline we were given is that the show will follow the exploits of the star ship Edmund Locard. For those not familiar with forensic science Edmund Locard was a French Scientist who is responsible with the development of the first modern Crime Lab. The outline said the USS Locard would likely be a “Defiant class” type smaller starship.

Star Fleet Investigative Section would follow a basic police procedural template. Each episode would have a “crime of the week”. The crew of the USS Locard would then be dispatched to warp in and solve the crime. Utilizing futuristic forensic skills the fearless crew will usually successfully solve the crime and restore order.

The breakdowns of plot lines have episodes taking place on other star ships, space stations, asteroid mines, alien planet and back here on Earth. While many plot lines will involve murders, the crew will also be looking into kidnappings, cargo pirating, sabotages, alien spies, and space age war crimes.
    -source article
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for posting the link.

The first show sounds interesting. And I have been known to watch NCIS.

But I have a strange feeling CBS may not want to run with it.

The second show mentioned sounds like a space based version of 'Thunderbirds'.
      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
      To thy own self... Be true
      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

The reason the movies were popular was because a bunch of people like to visit movie theatres and see these kinds of movies, but these people don't want to watch a sci-fi tv show.

These movies have ridiculously attractive people, too much CGI and sexual situations, most of which cannot be replicated in a tv show. These kinds of movies are popular because cuty-mc-whatshisname is in them and lots of girls like to fantasize. Such things rarely happen for sci-fi tv shows.

Comment

Yeah i'm not sure these shows would please star trek fans, i'm kind of interested, but i feel the procedural or medical nature of these shows would not be trek, I know trek could be quite procedural at times but it never just stuck to the one genre

As already stated the Procedural Star Trek one sounds right up CBS ally so it might get picked up, just make it like Person of Interest great

Star Trek Renegades t.v show would be better
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 25 January 2014, 12:19 AM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Sorry for the double post felt i needed a seperate post

As for the Star Trek Investigative team how bout instead of calling it Star Trek, name it Section 31 but contain it with the Prime Star Trek Universe after the dominion war i mean its kind of the same thing, maybe Bashir could reshape Section 31 or something like that
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

A new Star Trek TV-show would be great, but my fear is that they will focused to much on things who are not "Star Trek".
              For me ST is about moral questions, new discovery´s, hope, relationships within the crew and the alien races they meet along the way and a sense of adventure. And I am afraid that´s everything producers and filmmakers now-days have not a clue about.

Every show since 2001 has to be gritty, dark, action packed, violent and, God forbid, without happy endings or relationships who worked out. So, as much I would love to see a new Trek, as uncertain I am about such a project in 2014.
              sigpic

Comment

I for one have zero interest in watching a crime show taking place in the star trek universe. There are far to many of these on tv.

If they are going to make a new series (which I wish they would) it should be in the same cannon as the other tv series. And it could be dark with some happy endings. It like the other series should involve deep character development, adventure and allow its audience to think throughout it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  I for one have zero interest in watching a crime show taking place in the star trek universe. There are far to many of these on tv.

If they are going to make a new series (which I wish they would) it should be in the same cannon as the other tv series. And it could be dark with some happy endings. It like the other series should involve deep character development, adventure and allow its audience to think throughout it.
                  The ST universe was also a bit dark in some episodes and movies. But I fully agree with you, the main theme should still be Star Trek. The new movies where focused way to much on Action and story´s we already knew. So I am a bit sceptical about a new format for TV.
                  sigpic

Comment

Um...I'm guessing nobody scrolled to the bottom of the page, where it says very clearly:

ABOUT CALL THE COPS
                    This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Um...I'm guessing nobody scrolled to the bottom of the page, where it says very clearly:

ABOUT CALL THE COPS
                      This site is a satire of the current state of Law Enforcement, Fire Fighting and Emergency Medical work. Stories posted here are not real and you should not assume them to have any basis in any real fact.
                      I didn't see that but my second post wasn't meant to be the focus of this thread, but the OP. I just wanted to open a thread to discuss all news, rumors, speculation and hopefully eventually development of the next Star Trek series.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

ABOUT CALL THE COPS

lol I didn't notice that. But I still stick with what I said.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X