Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Morally questionable actions of the Stargate Atlantis Expedition

Quote Originally Posted by kevin knox View Post

Each species including the Ancients are likely not a united force. There could quite possibly be factions within that are pushing their own agenda or disagreeing with the direction their civilization was heading towards, notwithstanding the Wraith threat.
    Really good point, tbh I'm surprised we didn't see any rebel factions, such as the evil Asgards. Unless you consider the ORI as the *bad guys* since both civilization come from the same, unknown galaxy. I guess if they was any *evil ancients* they would've been stopped by the folks who had ascended already.

The producer of Stargate prequels better be reading this forum before he makes the movie(s), or he will get shredded by the fans here. lol
    Oh I can tell you one thing that is 100% certain : Whatever happens (if it happens), some fans will be angry!

You've highlighted another level of complexity here. That is, each civilization or species may have a variety of agendas as individuals within that group may have different moral standards.
    The closer to the cultures, the easier it is to spot the variances as the SG teams get to know them and navigate dealings with them, such as the Genii factions. The less known about cultures, the harder to spot commonalities and build alliances. Todd seemed to understand that early on, from filling John’s team in on the Gift of Life, to chatting with Rodney about Wraith history, to passing along information about Teyla’s whereabouts gleaned from his network. The old ways of the Wraith being distant and mysterious may have kept them safer from humans in the past, but the same distance has become a hindrance now that the New Lanteans are around and have tech that can either help them or destroy them.

Some of the Replicators could very well be against Oberoth, but did not have the means to overthrow the despot.
    For those who followed her off Asuras, Elizabeth was their Ladon Radim. I would follow her! To be “reset” and know the risk and what is coming would be terrifying. At least the retrovirus which caused amnesia for Michael could be undone when he changed back. But, resetting sounds like a permanent wipe, an erasure of all gained knowledge and individual life experiences.

The producer of Stargate prequels better be reading this forum before he makes the movie(s), or he will get shredded by the fans here. lol.
    It’s a matter of changing with the times and more awareness due to social media and access to talks, such as Chimamanda Adichie teaching the dangers of single stories. From Zootopia to Star Wars, audiences pay support to themes about getting to know individuals. Without going into spoilery about Origins here, in spite of its low budget, I did see some strides made in regards to diversity of thought among other beings and would like to see more of such prequels-- accessible to the world, as Stargate fans want to share and to connect too.

@kevin knox, another member started a thread about soft disclosure: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...iracy-Theories