• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Vessel (111)

Visit the Episode GuideSLEEPY HOLLOW - SEASON ONE
    THE VESSEL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111
    Captain Irving pleads with Crane and Abbie for help when his daughter becomes the target of evil forces, and seeks the answers that lie within Washington's Bible. Meanwhile, Abbie learns a dark secret about her sister's past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 December 2014, 10:02 PM.

This episode, Abbie finally gets Crane into "modern" clothing - skinny jeans! As usual, the result was pretty funny. He hated them, and couldn't understand how men could possibly sit in them. Then he promptly went back in the bathroom and changed back into his usual pants. And then Jenny got into the act a bit later when she commented on how he needed a new set of clothing. The Mills sisters are ganging up on him.

We got to see more of what Jenny experienced during those years when her behavior got her in trouble with the law, and why she had such animosity towards Abbie. She was actually only trying to protect her sister from herself.

Then we got to see more of Captain Irving and his family and what happened when a demon took over his daughter's body, after leaving Officer Luke, who was there with his partner to help guard her and the family. Sadly, his partner was killed by Officer Luke, who was possessed at the time. The last we see of Officer Luke is when he's on the floor after the demon left him to take over Macy. Don't know if he's dead or alive. I'm sure that must have been an interesting family talk that Irving had with his wife and daughter after the demon was disposed of. Loved how Abbie stood up to the demon while it was raving on and on and making it's threats.

Next weeks looks to be very interesting, what with it being a 2-hour season finale.

Comment

Icabod needs to try modern clothes again. Though he could just get something like his clothes with a more sturdy/ washable material. And also... so many demon names to keep track of.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I like that we got some more backstory about what happend to Jenny.

It's going to be funny watching those two try to modernize Crane's wardrobe.

Wonder how Captain Irving is going to explain all of this to his wife and daughter?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I liked the skinny jeans stuff. Good makeup on the daughter to make her look like a monster.

Comment

If Crane gets more modern clothes, please no more skinny jeans.
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
              If Crane gets more modern clothes, please no more skinny jeans.
              I second that. Skinny jeans are evil. To me they look tight enough to be outlawed as a torture device in small places.

Comment

I third that. I can't understand why skinny jeans are so popular. The look so uncomfortable.

Comment

This has been my favorite episode up to date. I liked how Captain Irving was kind of the center of the episode, I really like him and the development between the two mills sister is playing out nicely. I am really glad that we get a second season and I hope the ratings are stable that it justifies a third season because this has been my favorite show out of the "magicial" shows.

It was kind of a creepy episodes and I liked how they showed the demon switching from person to person, it was a good effect and a bit different from the other shows. The cliffhanger is good too. I hope they will release a score for this show because it is really good!
                  sigpic

Comment

The skinny jeans may have been uncomfortable but he looked HOT!

I do not like demon possession stories. I had nightmares after I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose and I refuse to watch The Exorcist! So this episode totally creeped me out! I especially cannot stand watching anything that puts children in the midst of evil like that. I lost count of the number of times I said the words creepy or freaky while watching.

I like that we have confirmation that Abby is the second witness. I liked getting more background on Jenny. And I really love seeing Irving get completely freaked out, I don't know why but I do.

One of the things I really like about this show is it's one of those shows where no one is safe!
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I third that. I can't understand why skinny jeans are so popular. The look so uncomfortable.
                      Does anyone know what he said when he tried to sit down? I couldn't understand it.
                      I still miss Jack and Sam

Comment

Originally posted by mjj1993 View Post
                        Does anyone know what he said when he tried to sit down? I couldn't understand it.
                        Probably something about how much uncomfortable pressure they put on sensitive parts of his body.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Probably something about how much uncomfortable pressure they put on sensitive parts of his body.
                          Most likely.

Comment

Working...
                          X