Outlander Series on Starz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlander Series on Starz

Anyone else an Outlander fan? I've loved this book series for years. So looking forward to the show, just saw a small trailer and it looks great! I read they plan to make the season similarly to Game of Thrones by using 1 book per season. Personally, I'm glad to see it made into a series versus a movie. There's no way a 2-3 hour movie could of done the story justice. (Unfortunately, that means I'll have to sign up for Starz this summer....)

You can always wait til it comes on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
      You can always wait til it comes on DVD.
      I'm not good at waiting! I'll sign up towards the end of the season and binge watch them on demand. That way I only sign up for a month!

Comment

Not sure how much interest there is in this. I'm a huge fan of the book so I'm excited. Just saw the first episode. It doesn't start until 8/9 but for some reason STARZ has the first one available to watch now. Love it so far.
        http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander/

Comment

I think I'll watch it, although most likely I have to wait for some time either for German TV or the DVD. I liked the books a lot, I'm always happy to see some nice Scottish landscape and I'm curious if they get the Gaelic right.
          sigpic

Comment

I've watched the firts ep, too. I really enjoyed it, I even understood some of the Gaelic words. Oh, and I like Graham McTavish. Definitely on my watch-list.
            sigpic

Comment

I really am enjoying it this so far although I do not understand a word of Gaelic so it is hard to keep up sometime. But I think I fell in love with the actress, she is really good and I think she is the right person for this kind of strong character this show needs. I heard somewhere (will find the link later) that a second season is allready approved. One of the best things about the show as well is that Bear McCreary is doing the score which is always a good thing!

I hope this will be a success for Starz because I really like it and most of the character are kind of likeable in this show!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                I've watched the firts ep, too. I really enjoyed it, I even understood some of the Gaelic words. Oh, and I like Graham McTavish. Definitely on my watch-list.
                Indeed. he's one of the reasons I am watching this.

I just have one question: why is this on general television and not on the sci-fi/fantasy stream? The basic idea of the plot includes time travel so I am confused about this.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                  Indeed. he's one of the reasons I am watching this.

I just have one question: why is this on general television and not on the sci-fi/fantasy stream? The basic idea of the plot includes time travel so I am confused about this.
                  I guess it's my fault as I started the thread...sorry!

I've only seen the pilot episode so far, but I should have starz by the end of next week!!

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                    I guess it's my fault as I started the thread...sorry!

I've only seen the pilot episode so far, but I should have starz by the end of next week!!
                    Oh I did not mean it as a criticism. I just thought it was odd since we have shows on the Sci-fi/fantasy stream which can marginally can be considered so and I thought this one qualified.

What is important is that we have a thread to discusse it.

I'm considering seriously to get the book(s), but what else is new? I always want the books.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                      I'm considering seriously to get the book(s), but what else is new? I always want the books.
                      You must get them, they are exceptional!

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                        You must get them, they are exceptional!
                        So I have heard. I got a sample of the first one from amazon, and, at least to the point I've read, the series seems to be following it pretty close. Which is good, IMO.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah, more fans!

I'm catching up at the moment, spent the last two weeks in Scotland, but obviously without getting lost in a Stone circle.

And I recommend the books, too. Read the first two ones and couldn't wait for the postman turn up with the next one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering when the thread would come up for this! I'm still a little on the fence with this one thus far, to be honest. Never read the books, but thought the episodes are rather slow-going for now.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              Yeah, I was wondering when the thread would come up for this! I'm still a little on the fence with this one thus far, to be honest. Never read the books, but thought the episodes are rather slow-going for now.
                              Well, I'm reading the book ( the tie-in version). It goes slow as well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X