Intelligence (CBS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intelligence (CBS)

Intelligence is a new TV series that premiered last night on CBS. Pretty good cast and interesting concept for a show.

In Intelligence, Josh Holloway stars as Gabriel Vaughn, a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain. With this implant, Gabriel is the first human ever to be connected directly into the global information grid. He can hack into any data center and access key intel in the fight to protect the United States from its enemies. Marg Helgenberger stars as Lillian Strand, the director of the US Cyber Command who supports Gabriel and oversees the unit's missions. She assigns Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), a Secret Service agent, to protect Gabriel from outside threats, as well as from his appetite for reckless, unpredictable behavior and disregard for protocol.

Use spoilers for US unaired show information, otherwise continue reading at your own risk
    sigpic

Nice nod to my fellow Star Trek fans from the start...

Nice to see Doctor Phlox and Keiko O'Brien in the first episode of Intelligence. Looks like we'll be seeing more of both of these characters as well!
    sigpic

Comment

it is a good show... i don't think it is a ground breaking show that people will go crazy for... i would prefer person of interest to it but who knows how good it will get...

Comment

Tuesdays don't work for me, but I'll see if it's on Hulu or something like that. Tough part for me will be avoiding making comparisons with Chuck.

Comment

The show is moving to mondays for it's regular slot.

I liked the premier, it wasn't flawless but it has the potential to be a very entertaining series.

Comment

It does have potential. I do like that the woman isn't the victim and Josh isn't all 'all knowing' wise guy, they're a bit equal (even if its' 60/40)

I tend not to judge anything too harshly in the very first episode because pilots are often quite different from the next episodes.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i liked it will be watching more
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

My only complaint about the pilot was how so many people knew all the details of the "Ultra Top Secret" program, but I know pilots are what they are. Seems like it has a solid cast and a good start, hopefully it will go well. I really liked Riley Neal (Meghan Ory), I thought her character was better than expected!
                sigpic

Comment

I liked the pilot and how Cyber guy had Phlox use the sniper rifle.

I enjoyed Riley's opinions and some insight into her, but overall we don't know much. I felt we may have to face a lot of situations where she takes damage protecting him and then he has to go all heroic to save her.

I took that this was a enemy spy that learned on the program, though he did have great insight into key aspects of it.

Perhaps the tech guy was the person that revealed the program's existence and then provided all the additional info. They could easily reference him leaking the info in future episodes when other groups go after them.

Comment

Red X episode was on tonight, I was very disapointed. Riley has a chance to fire her weapon and stop the button guy from detonating the bomb. Instead of taking the shot she yells out and warns the guy that she is there. It is crap like this that makes so many shows an insult to the viewers intelligence. Pun intended. Come on writers get your s*** together. I really want to like the show but horribly unbelievable scenes likes this make it sooooo difficult.

Comment

^ that part was a bit annoying, but overall I still enjoyed the show. It hasn't quite found its rhythm yet but I think it will.

Y'all think the wife actually died this time? I'm unsure, but can't quite see another option.
                      sigpic

Comment

^^ I wondered that as well about Amelia but like you I couldn't see another option
                        Spoiler:
                        I tried to imagine how they could have faked it but the only way I could see was if they had somehow tricked him into thinking it was Amelia(hacked into his system to have him hallucinate her?)
                        When it wasn't her-but then Riley would either have to had been in on it or not know exactly what Amelia looked like. So I think she's dead. but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                          ^^ I wondered that as well about Amelia but like you I couldn't see another option
                          Spoiler:
                          I tried to imagine how they could have faked it but the only way I could see was if they had somehow tricked him into thinking it was Amelia(hacked into his system to have him hallucinate her?)
                          When it wasn't her-but then Riley would either have to had been in on it or not know exactly what Amelia looked like. So I think she's dead. but we will see.
                          Spoiler:

Or it could a group that stumbled onto the secret program and decided to use Amelia as a way to disgruntle or interfere with the US's great new weapon. By attacking his emotional state and just messing with his head. Of course, that would mean Amelia opted in to do that.

There was considerable time for her to escape and then denote an alternate bomb in order to make him believe she's dead.

Though why not just kill her? Maybe,

Spoiler:
                          Amelia really needed to take him off her trail. So she could go really deep cover?

Either way, I am having a headache

Comment

I'm just really hoping that plot thread is over so we can get on with 'crime of the week'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X