This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about ra's jaffa?

i cant wait to see MOEBIUS part1 this week,but i have one question about the jaffa that ra uses.

in stargate the movie the jaffa of ra did't use symbiote,why is that?
    or did that make that up when they started the tv show?

WHAT didnt they? im gonna have to rewatch that!!! U sure?
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I dont remember them saying anything about having them or not having them. They never even talked about symbiotes at all if i recollect correctly.

Comment

yes i am sure,i did see it yesterday.

Comment

and what were the exact words that u saw then?

Comment

Originally posted by kilmas
            i cant wait to see MOEBIUS part1 this week,but i have one question about the jaffa that ra uses.

in stargate the movie the jaffa of ra did't use symbiote,why is that?
            or did that make that up when they started the tv show?
            They made that up for the show. It is clearly defined when O'Neill shoots the Guard (Jaffa) in the stomach. There is not pouch opening. It was never Roland Emmerech's or Dean Develin's intention to have the Aliens as snakes.

Comment

The entire concept of the symbiotes was not invisioned until the start of the TV series in 1997, by entirely different people than the movie. In the movie, Ra was possesed by some wierd Roswell looking alien thing, but none of his guards were. Almost all the Jaffa in the movie showed their stomachs, and, to make up for this lack of canon translation Moebius will have lots of Human guards for Ra in Moebius, with their stomachs showing.

It looks alot like the art department and producers are trying to match Ra up to the standards and style of the Movie. So they are at least trying to make it easier to connect the two together. I can't wait!!!!

Although the Mask may not seem the same, it has alot of the same paterning and shapes, exept this time it's gold and shiny! And looks like Rainmaker have also gone all out on the helmet retraction, of the likes we saw in the movie.

I'll probably watch the movie before I go see the episode tomorrow. Woooo!

Comment

So you are telling me you can actualy see the jaffas belly? (Remember i havnt seen the movie for a while (I WANT IT)) cause otherwise thats not really proof

Comment

the jaffa in the movie don't have the mark of ra in the for head like all jaffa has.

one other question:
                  when ra came to earth he did use som kind of beam weapon to take the boy that became his host,that seen kind of strange becuse they first gain access to beam technology after anubis captures thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                    So you are telling me you can actualy see the jaffas belly? (Remember i havnt seen the movie for a while (I WANT IT)) cause otherwise thats not really proof
                    Yes.

@ Kilmas: My guess is that he used the rings.

Comment

Remember the show rejected most of the movie canon, it's surprising and pleasing that they're putting so much effort into replicating the movie. But for all we know Ra may have had access to ancient technology which he didn't share with other sytem lords, which actually makes sence.

Comment

Ra's guards on the movie were human. There is also implication of Ra being a snake. They talked about his host dying and looking for another one and it being a parasite relationship with host. Ra picked the human he did becaue the boy showed no fear of him when he came looking for a new host.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                          Ra's guards on the movie were human. There is also implication of Ra being a snake. They talked about his host dying and looking for another one and it being a parasite relationship with host. Ra picked the human he did becaue the boy showed no fear of him when he came looking for a new host.
                          Ra wasnt a snake. He was a parasite but not in a biological sense, its more like noncorporeal possession. His essence took over the boy.

Here's a picture of Ra's Jaffa in season 5's The Warrior. He's the one on the right. There's another one in Allegiance but I dont have a good screencap. He was the dead one found in the woods.

Comment

For a great pic of Ra's Jaffa, check out this one, courtesy of GateWorld's "Moebius" gallery.
                            Rocky

Comment

I personally favor, for retconning the movie into the series, that Ra's guard that were seen on the Abydos mission were lesser Goa'uld that were in service to Ra as an elite guard.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X