No announcement yet.

Cameras used to shoot Atlantis and SG1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not an expert on this subject, but have they converted the Children of the gods to HD in the final cut version? I have got the DVD, so I don't know if it was every released on Blue-ray, maybe it was only the Ark of Truth and Continuum. And if I remember well the Catherine movie was also shot in 4k.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I am not an expert on this subject, but have they converted the Children of the gods to HD in the final cut version? I have got the DVD, so I don't know if it was every released on Blue-ray, maybe it was only the Ark of Truth and Continuum. And if I remember well the Catherine movie was also shot in 4k.
      Can't seem to find a definitive answer but one of the reviews on the amazon listing speaks of a "nice remaster" for the abomination that is the final cut. The listing was DVD (not BR).

Stargate Origins was available in 4K, 1080p HD and 720p HD. I have a download lying around of both the 1080 and 720. Nice and sharp.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        It was brought up by Xaeden (I think) in another thread, making the comparison with CBS remastering some of their Treks and the cost is enormous. Considering MGM doesn't seem to be in a habit to spend money on anything Stargate related these days, I'd say the chances of a remaster are zero to none.
        While I do blabber on about a lot of different things, this one wasn't me.

Screen quality means very little to me, and I tune out completely when people start throwing out abbreviations and numbers like 4k HD FIO B Z² Pi to the 4th ¿ <car emoji>. Tell me whatever order of those things the latest Star Trek of Stargate releases are at, and I'll believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It was brought up by Xaeden (I think) in another thread, making the comparison with CBS remastering some of their Treks and the cost is enormous. Considering MGM doesn't seem to be in a habit to spend money on anything Stargate related these days, I'd say the chances of a remaster are zero to none.
          Yeah I've read that. It cost them a lot of money to remaster The Next Generation and they apparently didn't make their money back on it.

At the very least SG-1 seasons 8-10 could get a blu-ray release. They were shot digital in HD just like all of Atlantis and Universe. So I assume post-production of those seasons was also done in HD, just like the other two shows.
          Saw Stargate three times in the theater when it first came out. Watched SG-1 when it first came on TV. Been a fan since the beginning. Still a fan now.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
            While I do blabber on about a lot of different things, this one wasn't me.
            On a positive note, you are memorable.

On the flipside... it wasn't you... then who did I remember talking about it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
            X