• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heir To the Demon (213)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    HEIR TO THE DEMON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 213
    Sara returns to Starling and is confronted by the daughter of Ra's al Ghul, who targets the Lance family to force Sara back to the League of Assassins.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 13 September 2014, 08:05 PM.

The Spartacus lady own this episode. Loved her outfit. Loved her acting. Loved her kissing on Sara. Loved her fight scenes, probably done by a stunt double but they were great.

Glad that Sara will be sticking around. However, where was Roy?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
      The Spartacus lady own this episode. Loved her outfit. Loved her acting. Loved her kissing on Sara. Loved her fight scenes, probably done by a stunt double but they were great.

He realise that it would be unfair for the three of them to fight the league of useless assassins. So stayed out of it.
      Last edited by knowles2; 10 February 2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

From what I understand, his scene was cut for time.

Comment

I'm so torn. I love where the show is going, and I dig the League of Assassins angle, but holy crapola the casting of Sara is such a colossal misfire. She makes Shatner look like Daniel-Day Lewis in terms of acting chops, which makes it so much harder for me to enjoy the otherwise interesting storytelling!

Case in point: this episode.

A compelling story with Nyssa and the League, with much left to be revealed via the island flashbacks. The return of Alex Kingston's Dinah Lance, and the revelation to the whole Lance family that Sara is still alive--and Laurel's dramatic reaction to it. Well-choreographed and -shot physical combat. Hints of things to come!

But I just cringed SO hard at Sara's angry scream when she realized that Nyssa had taken her mother. Gah.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I just cringed
            I just cringed through the whole episode. I can't say I liked any of it.

Those flashbacks were terrible. I understand they were trying to make Sara seem different so they gave her the wig and had her speak differently, but I don't think it worked too well. And is that how she looked in the boat scenes? From my memory it seems like that wig was wrong. And why did they go through the effort with her and do nothing with Laurel? She looked exactly the same as she does in the present, except the clothes she was wearing really highlighted how ridiculously skinny Katie Cassidy has gotten.

How did Oliver and Sara know about the van, but not know Sara's mother was in it?

I really don't like them making Colin Salmon and Susanna Thompson seem villainous. Not that they've done too much of that with Salmon, but maybe he should be the one running for Mayor. Her running for Mayor seems like the joke of the century.

And I don't even want to get into the daytime soap kiss at the end.

To be honest I think I am ready to see a series with just Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards (wearing normal clothes again), Colin Salmon (as a regular), Manu Bennett (back to being a good guy, but I admit he makes a great villain. Not Barrowman good, but close), Barrowman (back as a regular), and David Ramsey (actually doing something. SERIOUSLY - WHAT IS THE POINT OF DIGGLE?????? He has become nothing on this show!!!! And I liked him before, but now he's just a third voice in the room.) Cut everybody else and their soap opera escapades out. Oliver can go play Arrow somewhere else. Blackthorne, Richards, Salmon, and Ramsey can solve the crimes. Bennett and Barrowman can be the villains. There's my show.

Comment

Sara swings both ways.. Didn't see that coming.
              As to roy, perhaps he was spending the week off meditating to try and reign in his anger..?

actually doing something. SERIOUSLY - WHAT IS THE POINT OF DIGGLE?????? He has become nothing on this show!!!! And I liked him before, but now he's just a third voice in the room.)
              I agree. Diggle's use/need has taken a serious dip in recent episodes..

Comment

I really liked the episode for the most part. I really like Sara as a character(and I like the way the actress plays her). I loved all the stuff with the League of Assassins and Nyssa. I didn't mind the flashbacks.

I'm glad Oliver found out about Moira's secret, and that Felicity told him. I'm not really sure why Oliver was so mad. Did he think the Moira had been carrying on an affair with Malcolm for years(and therefore wouldn't need to be afraid of Malcolm)? Did he think that Malcolm knew that Thea was his daughter the entire time, and that Moira was lying about being afraid for her children's safety? He'd be a hypocrite if it was just because she lied or cheated. He's not exactly a saint himself. I think he should have let her at least explain.

I didn't really like that Sara and Oliver hooked up at the end. I don't like what that will probably do to the group dynamic in the Arrowcave . I hope that Felicity doesn't end up acting all jealous all the time. I would really hate that. I'm also not looking forward to Laurel's reaction. Her reaction to Sara being alive already seemed a bit too harsh. I think it would fine if she's a little mad though, she may not be dating Oliver, but seeing them together would still bring back old wounds.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                  I really liked the episode for the most part. I really like Sara as a character(and I like the way the actress plays her). I loved all the stuff with the League of Assassins and Nyssa. I didn't mind the flashbacks.

I'm glad Oliver found out about Moira's secret, and that Felicity told him. I'm not really sure why Oliver was so mad. Did he think the Moira had been carrying on an affair with Malcolm for years(and therefore wouldn't need to be afraid of Malcolm)? Did he think that Malcolm knew that Thea was his daughter the entire time, and that Moira was lying about being afraid for her children's safety? He'd be a hypocrite if it was just because she lied or cheated. He's not exactly a saint himself. I think he should have let her at least explain.

I didn't really like that Sara and Oliver hooked up at the end. I don't like what that will probably do to the group dynamic in the Arrowcave . I hope that Felicity doesn't end up acting all jealous all the time. I would really hate that. I'm also not looking forward to Laurel's reaction. Her reaction to Sara being alive already seemed a bit too harsh. I think it would fine if she's a little mad though, she may not be dating Oliver, but seeing them together would still bring back old wounds.
                  I agree that Oliver's reaction seemed a bit harsh and I REALLY hope the ridiculous hookup doesn't lead too weird Arrowcave dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    I agree that Oliver's reaction seemed a bit harsh and I REALLY hope the ridiculous hookup doesn't lead too weird Arrowcave dynamics.
                    I think both Oliver's and Laurel's reactions to their family members seemed a bit over the top and harsh, and seemed to be done just to add more drama. At least Laurel had the excuse of her substance abuse or whatever though. If Sara and Oliver decide to pursue a relationship, I really hope that Felicity will end up being happy that Oliver found someone who he feels can understand him and can take care of herself, so he doesn't have to worry so much. I hope at least that it doesn't end up being a big deal to her. Felicity seemed to like Sara before, and Sara seemed to like her; I don't want to see them fighting over Oliver. I hate that kind of stuff.
                    sigpic

Comment

On the whole Oli being mad at mom for keeping that secret, i see that more as yet another reason she is not to be trusted. That she had supposedly come clean about all the Malcom incident to the family, but still kept that secret makes oli wonder what else is she holding back on..

Comment

I find myself continuing to really enjoy this show and at the same time I cringe at some of the decisions being made.

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I'm so torn. I love where the show is going, and I dig the League of Assassins angle, but holy crapola the casting of Sara is such a colossal misfire. She makes Shatner look like Daniel-Day Lewis in terms of acting chops, which makes it so much harder for me to enjoy the otherwise interesting storytelling!
                        Here face seems to be locked into a perpetual frown or something, maybe she is trying to act to hard. I agree because if you take the actress out of the equation, I really like this character.

On the other hand I don't like Laurel's character at all, but she is a better actress (still not my favorite).

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                        ...and David Ramsey (actually doing something. SERIOUSLY - WHAT IS THE POINT OF DIGGLE?????? He has become nothing on this show!!!! And I liked him before, but now he's just a third voice in the room.)
                        This is unfortunate and true, I hope they bring him back into the fold.

...I'm glad Oliver found out about Moira's secret, and that Felicity told him. I'm not really sure why Oliver was so mad. Did he think the Moira had been carrying on an affair with Malcolm for years(and therefore wouldn't need to be afraid of Malcolm)? Did he think that Malcolm knew that Thea was his daughter the entire time, and that Moira was lying about being afraid for her children's safety? He'd be a hypocrite if it was just because she lied or cheated. He's not exactly a saint himself. I think he should have let her at least explain.

I agree completely that Oliver overreacted. She had an affair decades ago, they didn't continue on with it and now she wants to keep it a secret to spare her daughter's feelings. What was she supposed to say, "Hey Oliver, Merlin is really Thea's father, just thought you should know?" His reaction too, he was all "Now I have to lie to people I love" Isn't that what he does as the Arrow ALL THE TIME!!!

The Oliver\Sara hook up was really odd for so many reasons. She was in love with the assassin girl? They only had a fling type relationship to begin with? Wasn't he kind of into Laurel still? Past repeating itself?

I don't get Felicity. I thought she was into the Flash only a few weeks ago, now she is secretly in love with Oliver? He hasn't really lead her on that I can see and I think it would be better for the group if she supported him as a partner and would allow for some character growth.

I think both Oliver's and Laurel's reactions to their family members seemed a bit over the top and harsh, and seemed to be done just to add more drama. At least Laurel had the excuse of her substance abuse or whatever though. If Sara and Oliver decide to pursue a relationship, I really hope that Felicity will end up being happy that Oliver found someone who he feels can understand him and can take care of herself, so he doesn't have to worry so much. I hope at least that it doesn't end up being a big deal to her. Felicity seemed to like Sara before, and Sara seemed to like her; I don't want to see them fighting over Oliver. I hate that kind of stuff.
                        Laurel's character is spiraling downhill in so many ways for me, but this reaction seemed really odd. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago she was actively pursuing (with hope) her sister? Now she won't even give her a chance to speak?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          I've heard some rumors.

Comment

I find myself continuing to really enjoy this show and at the same time I cringe at some of the decisions being made.

Here face seems to be locked into a perpetual frown or something, maybe she is trying to act to hard. I agree because if you take the actress out of the equation, I really like this character.

On the other hand I don't like Laurel's character at all, but she is a better actress (still not my favorite).

I agree completely that Oliver overreacted. She had an affair decades ago, they didn't continue on with it and now she wants to keep it a secret to spare her daughter's feelings. What was she supposed to say, "Hey Oliver, Merlin is really Thea's father, just thought you should know?" His reaction too, he was all "Now I have to lie to people I love" Isn't that what he does as the Arrow ALL THE TIME!!!

The Oliver\Sara hook up was really odd for so many reasons. She was in love with the assassin girl? They only had a fling type relationship to begin with? Wasn't he kind of into Laurel still? Past repeating itself?

I don't get Felicity. I thought she was into the Flash only a few weeks ago, now she is secretly in love with Oliver? He hasn't really lead her on that I can see and I think it would be better for the group if she supported him as a partner and would allow for some character growth.

Laurel's character is spiraling downhill in so many ways for me, but this reaction seemed really odd. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago she was actively pursuing (with hope) her sister? Now she won't even give her a chance to speak?
                            You underestimating the things drug addiction does to a person. As a person related to a drug addict Laurel's reaction was pretty normal. Her "me" attitude and it is everyone else's fault is common for an addict. Throw in the fact she was poisoned because of Sara it is not really strange for the drug addict to blame her sister.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, I mean, I understand how he would be a little upset at finding out the truth, but Oliver really seemed to be overreacting.

I think their hook-up at the end of the episode was more out of need than love; though they do seem to care for each other a great deal. They're friends, they've had similar traumatic experiences in their pasts(some of it was shared), and they both felt hurt by a member of their family. I think Sara was in love with Nyssa for a while(Nyssa saved her and took care of her when she needed it), but isn't in love with her anymore. I think she still really cares about Nyssa though.
                              I think Oliver cares deeply for Laurel, but still feels guilty over what happened with Tommy and he doesn't want to put Laurel in danger.

She's been crushing on Oliver for a while, and at first it seemed like just a little crush, but she's grown to really respect and care for him, so I think her little crush developed into something more. Oliver cares for her a lot too, but I think(hope) that it's only as a friend. I think she liked Barry, and he liked her back, and they had a lot in common, but that didn't make her feelings for Oliver go away. I think she wasn't really around Barry long enough to have that deep of an emotional connection with him, but she still spends a great deal of time with Oliver. I do think it would be best if she and Oliver just remained friends.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X