Originally posted by Kenton-Atlantis View Post
    Wow now that would be awesome Jason as Aquaman
    pfft too awesome for a character like aquaman
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

im just happy he is in the film but yea maybe he could do better then Aquaman lol
      sigpic
      Kenton Canada

Comment

It looks like his involvement has been confirmed.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles...man-report.htm

sigpic

Comment

I wonder who he will be...

Comment

On the other hand:
            Jason Momoa is so over these 'Batman V Superman' rumors: 'Stop asking me'

(CBR) The first rule about asking Jason Momoa whether he’s in the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel is … you don’t ask Jason Momoa whether he’s in the upcoming "Man of Steel" sequel.

ComicBook.com reported that during a panel appearance over the weekend at Detroit’s Motor City Comic Con, Momoa was questioned about rumors that he’s set to take on a DC Comics superhero — rumors that the actor was happy to squash with all the force you would expect from the man formerly known as Khal Drogo.
            sigpic

Comment

Hope he nails this role.
              http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/06...n-vs-superman/

By Andrew Roberts / 06.14.14
              "Hitfix is reporting that Jason Momoa is all set to be Aquaman in the upcoming DC Comics smorgasbord of films, beginning with Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice. Adrian Grenier is probably weeping into some stripper’s breasts on the set of Entourage right now. From Hitfix:

While Warner Bros. hasn’t made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

And such is life, right? Unfounded, but concrete at the same time. Sometimes I wish things didn’t have to be so secretive, but then that would probably kill a lot of the fun on the Internet.

Momoa has supposedly been in the running for the role since last year, meaning Matt Damon was merely one of those things just following Ben Affleck around.

Momoa worries me for a few reasons, mostly because you now have an Aquaman who is more imposing than your Batman could hope to be. But aside from that, Momoa doesn’t have the best record of taking these beloved characters to the promised land. Try to sit through the Conan The Barbarian reboot and tell me otherwise."

Comment

Originally posted by teflonrobg View Post
                Hope he nails this role.
                http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2014/06...n-vs-superman/

By Andrew Roberts / 06.14.14
                "Hitfix is reporting that Jason Momoa is all set to be Aquaman in the upcoming DC Comics smorgasbord of films, beginning with Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice. Adrian Grenier is probably weeping into some stripper’s breasts on the set of Entourage right now. From Hitfix:

While Warner Bros. hasn’t made that announcement officially yet, HitFix can confirm that he will be playing the part, and that Zack Snyder has already finalized his designs for the character so shooting can take place soon.

And such is life, right? Unfounded, but concrete at the same time. Sometimes I wish things didn’t have to be so secretive, but then that would probably kill a lot of the fun on the Internet.

Momoa has supposedly been in the running for the role since last year, meaning Matt Damon was merely one of those things just following Ben Affleck around.

Momoa worries me for a few reasons, mostly because you now have an Aquaman who is more imposing than your Batman could hope to be. But aside from that, Momoa doesn’t have the best record of taking these beloved characters to the promised land. Try to sit through the Conan The Barbarian reboot and tell me otherwise."
                I dunno. I think he kinda works. Aquaman is a king, and we've seen from Game of Thrones that Momoa can create that sense of being both imposing and regal at the same time.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Every time I see the word "Aquaman", I think about what Raj on "Big Bang" says......."Aquaman sucks!" LOL

Sorry....I don't mean to imply I think Jason Momoa will do a bad job. This should be interesting! I hadn't heard the rumors about Matt Damon but I can't picture him in the role.
                  sigpic

Comment

You know initially I was skeptical because he doesn't exactly look the part (I'm assuming they are forgoing Aquaman's traditional blonde hair), but now upon thinking about it I actually think the idea would work.

And you know what else? Weren't some versions of Aquaman described as "Conan the Barbarian underwater?"

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      You know initially I was skeptical because he doesn't exactly look the part (I'm assuming they are forgoing Aquaman's traditional blonde hair), but now upon thinking about it I actually think the idea would work.

And you know what else? Weren't some versions of Aquaman described as "Conan the Barbarian underwater?"

By all rights Aquaman is in fact the male equivalent of Wonder Woman. Both are Royalty, both from civilizations that are detached from the rest of the world. Although given the sheer amount of pollution that mankind pumps into the oceans he's always only one step away from wanting to declare war. By all rights he always values Atlantis and the oceans above the surface world so whenever there is a threat to earth, the only real concern he has is the fact that by helping the surface world, he is in turn protecting Atlantis. He's really quite badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Typecasting 101 then.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Typecasting 101 then.
                          He's been an unsocial alien soldier, conan, and a barbarian king... the last two of which required him to be pretty much shirtless the whole time... I'm fairly sure he was already typecasted long before this.

Can't say he's not good at it though.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            He's been an unsocial alien soldier, conan, and a barbarian king... the last two of which required him to be pretty much shirtless the whole time... I'm fairly sure he was already typecasted long before this.
                            Hence my typecasting-comment...

Of all those, I've only seen him as the alien soldier and the barbarian king (and in Baywatch Hawaii), I preferred him as Khal Drogo the best.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Hence my typecasting-comment...

Of all those, I've only seen him as the alien soldier and the barbarian king (and in Baywatch Hawaii), I preferred him as Khal Drogo the best.
                              No one could have played the Khal quite like he could. Not many actors have the physical presence to begin with, but that gravelly voice definitely lent itself to the harshness of the Dothraki language.

Comment

Well I know he said he turned down the role of Drax the Destroyer because he didn't want to get typecast as the "Ronon" of the Guardians of the Galaxy. As in "the musclebound brute of the team that doesn't talk much". While most roles he takes on probably include being musclebound, I'm assuming that Aquaman is more like Khal Drogo in that he has more dialogue and so forth.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X