Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash\Barry Allen discussion thread (spoilerish potential)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad Team Flash is back!
    sigpic

Comment

Season 6 premiere is on October 8

https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-fall-...iere-schedule/
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

For Season 6...

Wally returns!
        https://www.cbr.com/flash-season-6-w...est-kid-flash/

Rather than a full-season arc, the first half will be devoted to Crisis on Infinite Earths and the second half will have its own villain and storyline!
        https://www.cbr.com/flash-season-6-t...ains-chapters/
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been posted!

Comment

Anyone know when the midseason premiers of this, Supergirl and the new season of Legends of Tomorrow will air in the UK? We've had nothing since episode 8 back in 2019 on SkyOne

Comment

This is sad. 16 years.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-at-16-reports

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Anyone know when the midseason premiers of this, Supergirl and the new season of Legends of Tomorrow will air in the UK? We've had nothing since episode 8 back in 2019 on SkyOne
                I can answer my own question in case anyone else is wondering. They're finally showing them!

Comment

Well, Hartley Sawyer is gone now

https://www.cbr.com/flash-hartley-sa...nistic-tweets/

I can't help but think of James Gunn, he was fired only to be brought back. If Hartley truly has changed (from the 2011-2014 tweets) and the cast and crew stick by him, then they should REALLY consider bringing him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                    Well, Hartley Sawyer is gone now

https://www.cbr.com/flash-hartley-sa...nistic-tweets/

I can't help but think of James Gunn, he was fired only to be brought back. If Hartley truly has changed (from the 2011-2014 tweets) and the cast and crew stick by him, then they should REALLY consider bringing him back.
                    I just saw another article on that. I don't know how I'd feel about him returning. I mean, the tweets were from a while ago and people do change, but a lot of people also just say they've changed even though they really haven't. I mean, he's 35 yrs old now (just a bit younger than me) , he wasn't a child or teen when he said those things, he was a grown man and should have known better. A lot of the things that he been quoted as saying were pretty vile and so not funny, you'd have to be a pretty big jerk to think it was funny.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      I just saw another article on that. I don't know how I'd feel about him returning. I mean, the tweets were from a while ago and people do change, but a lot of people also just say they've changed even though they really haven't. I mean, he's 35 yrs old now (just a bit younger than me) , he wasn't a child or teen when he said those things, he was a grown man and should have known better. A lot of the things that he been quoted as saying were pretty vile and so not funny, you'd have to be a pretty big jerk to think it was funny.
                      You are absolutely correct. I do not and cannot know what is in his heart or what his actions today are.

But I can say that my relationship with my wife has brought up things I thought were jokes (nothing like Hartley or James Gunn's tweets) as well as my lack of perspective on many issues. I have grown since I meet her almost 10 years ago (October 2010). And I just turned 36 in March.

A lot can happen in that amount of time, however, that does not mean Hartley has grown out of the mindset that thought those were appropriate comments or jokes to make.

The show will last without him and with Ralph's ability to change appearance, they could recast him or just write him out.

For season 6 (2019-2020):

Spoiler:
                      Ralph's story/arc has been separate from the main narrative. So it wouldn't disrupt anything.

But that is why I said, if the cast and crew stand by him, like the Guardians of the Galaxy did for James Gunn. If cast and crew of The Flash are interviewed and WB cannot find any reports of Hartley acting like his past self. Then I think it would be reasonable for them to reinstate him,

Again, that is only if he gets the internal support. Unlike James Gunn, he does not have the same kind of platform or may not have the witnesses that can step up and testify they have seen him grow out of that negative mindset.

It's not my call to make. I just know I believe in second chances and I know that may not sound like much coming from a white guy.

But I grew up as a child of an addict, a brother of two addicts, and dealing with other family members with different addictions. I had to give them second, third, and fourth chances, because i love them and I do believe people can change.

Whether Hartley should be rehired, is outside my knowledge or responsibility. And who knows, maybe behind the scenes, for other or similar things, they may have already given him second chances and this was the last straw. I will never truly know.

Comment

Yeah, I understand what you mean, people do change, but since we don't know him personally we don't really know if he's changed or not. With family or someone close to you can see if they've grown as a person or not a lot if the time, and even then sometimes it's just for a little bit or just for long enough to get what they want from you. I've had people like that in my life, where they've claimed that they'd changed, made a show of being "changed" for a bit and then reverted back to their old self.

So far I haven't noticed anyone rushing to his defense, I may have missed it though.

I agree with what you put in spoiler tags. (sorry, I'm on my phone and sometimes it's easier not to reply with quote and your post is right above mine, so I figured I'd just reply like this. Typing out spoiler tags is also a bit annoying on my phone.)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          Yeah, I understand what you mean, people do change, but since we don't know him personally we don't really know if he's changed or not. With family or someone close to you can see if they've grown as a person or not a lot if the time, and even then sometimes it's just for a little bit or just for long enough to get what they want from you. I've had people like that in my life, where they've claimed that they'd changed, made a show of being "changed" for a bit and then reverted back to their old self.

So far I haven't noticed anyone rushing to his defense, I may have missed it though.

I agree with what you put in spoiler tags. (sorry, I'm on my phone and sometimes it's easier not to reply with quote and your post is right above mine, so I figured I'd just reply like this. Typing out spoiler tags is also a bit annoying on my phone.)
                          I appreciate your understanding and sharing what you have. And I agree, it does not seem like anyone is trying to defend him. So that's not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            I appreciate your understanding and sharing what you have. And I agree, it does not seem like anyone is trying to defend him. So that's not a good sign.
                            Maybe they're just waiting for things to die down (not just news of his firing but all the protests and stuff) to defend him, but I dont know. Usually by now there should have been a least one cast or crew member commenting on what a great person he really is and how they've never heard him make any inappropriate jokes or something along those lines.
                            sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X