Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flash\Barry Allen discussion thread (spoilerish potential)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flash\Barry Allen discussion thread (spoilerish potential)

So Barry Allen (pre-Flash) is now on Arrow. As of right now I don't know where his character is going, but I presume he lost his job in and he now knows Oliver's secret identity so maybe he'll join the team. I'm wondering if he'll eventually become The Flash on the show and become a recurring character to some extent or if The CW is levering this to start a spin-off with some crossover potential. I've always like The Flash as I enjoy his humor, rarely serious beta male style of superhero compared to your more typical serious, tough guy, alpha male superhero (Green Arrow, Batman, Superman...)

We'll see I guess.

(Use spoilers for un-aired verified future events on Arrow, not speculation or historical information about The Flash)
    sigpic

Little searching found some actual information. Spoilerish info below, no major reveals.

There has been a change in the CW‘s plans for The Flash. Originally, the character, played by Grant Gustin, was supposed to appear in three episodes of Arrow this season — No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, the last one serving as a backdoor pilot directed by David Nutter. Episodes 8 and 9, in which the superhero is introduced only as his alter ego Barry Allen, have already been shot. But now the CW has opted to film a traditional stand-alone Flash pilot instead of doing a backdoor pilot...
    Full Article
    sigpic

Comment

I think they nixed the backdoor pilot idea and there just going to go with a the flash pilot instead which i think is better

oh and i would have preferred wally west
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I think I would have preferred having him as part of the show for a season or more before the spin-off, but the Flash show sounds cool!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          I think they nixed the backdoor pilot idea and there just going to go with a the flash pilot instead which i think is better

oh and i would have preferred wally west
          Agreed and I agree with Spimman's suggestion of having him on the show longer. I really can't tell if the actor is leading man material. But we'll see.
          Last edited by Mrja84; 07 July 2014, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
            I think I would have preferred having him as part of the show for a season or more before the spin-off, but the Flash show sounds cool!
            I would have liked to see more of him first on Arrow as well. But I have faith in their plans for this Flash show. I really want it to succeed like Arrow has.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I would have liked to see more of him first on Arrow as well. But I have faith in their plans for this Flash show. I really want it to succeed like Arrow has.
              I agree, it could be a really awesome show. The CW has a niche market and seems to be doing well in it. I do hope that the two separate shows have somewhat regular cross-overs since they exist within the same universe.
              sigpic

Comment

I would like to see him stay on arrow till the end of this season, then get his own.

Comment

Unless my brain is going wonky...I don't think we have seen Barry since he was "flashified"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    Unless my brain is going wonky...I don't think we have seen Barry since he was "flashified"
                    You are correct, although we saw the storm and chemical accident that causes it. I don't guess we'll see that until the pilot, which will now be independent of Arrow so they'll likely redo the entire thing from the beginning with a few changes.
                    sigpic

Comment

That sucks.. Anyone got a possible release date for when the 'flash' comes out on its own?

Comment

Fall 2014 if at all
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Casting news for the pilot\series
                          sigpic

Comment

Watched the leaked pilot of Flash, it was pretty good. Guy playing Barry sells it well enough. The end bit was wacky though because of potential implications despite slight villain changes.

Comment

Reposting this from Ask the Mods: (Full post)

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              ~Snippety-snip~
                              A word too about The Flash (CW),while I'm here!
                              The pilot episode was leaked a week or so ago,so no links to/requests for other means will be tolerated.That applies to VM/posts/Group messages etc.
                              Tag any spoilers.
                              TY!
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X