Been lots of talk by Heller and Simon Baker about the focus now being on Jane's 'new life'. How will he adjust now that his all-consuming quest to dispatch RJ is finished? Will he find love, like maybe with Lisbon? ... Bunches of important meaningful thrilling brand new stuff ahead! (in the remaining 14 episodes)
Actually rigging a false climax just 8 episodes into the last season of the series and selling it! Pretty nice snowjob. Naturally any comment from Heller or Baker is going to back up the trickery.
Sure, TV drama episodes mess up on continuity and other things here and there, but, really ...
- Jane is in a room with a bomb blast and the next day he shakes off the cobwebs and is ready to take charge of chasing the evil Bertram?
- Jane, a mere consultant, makes the statewide press announcement of Red John's identity?
- In the chapel, how does Patrick arrange for a gun to be hidden under a bench?
- In that trick for the kids on the island, Jane gets the coin into the kid's tight jeans pocket without ever contacting him?
- A guy in the FBI computer pool spends lunch break to look for Jane in NYC using satellites and finds him?
- Police arrive to grab a killer reported in an empty house with sirens blaring?
Just a sampling of many supposed 'slipups' and/or outright nonsense situations.
Remember that scene just before we see the bomb blast where Jane has the shotgun on the suspects and is telling them how Red John slipped up and Jane knows he has a tattoo on his arm? Well, the "on the shoulder" part was dubbed-in later (listen and you can tell it's a dub) because otherwise we might wonder how the suspects would know to show their shoulders.
Doesn't sound like a series prone to making bunches of gross production mistakes.
Seems clear the supposed reveal and killing of Red John was a fake. We are in a dream.