No announcement yet.

Carter instead of Mitchell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I not sure if this was mentioned but at one point Cam says that realizes he is in charge of no one: him and Sam are the same rank, Daniel is a civilian and Teal'c is an alien.

I personally didn't dislike Cam but I feel that he shouldn't have been the "leader" and it should have been Sam. They also should have gave him a more believable background, such as being on one of the other sg teams and did a great job during the anatica battle that he was promoted to sg-1. A team that he admired and dreamed about working with.
    sigpic

Comment

After RDA, they needed a new white male team leader. So they didn't care about Sam character. They have written an ordinary background for Mitchell which was no meaning beside Sam, Daniel or Teal'c.

ps: sorry for my English if any mistake.

Comment

I think that Carter is quite capable of being the team leader and in my opinion would have been better than Mitchell. She has a deep scientific and engineering knowledge, has a cool head, and I have seen her be decisive and make good decisions for example in the episode "A Matter of Time". There was one exception to this and I felt that was out of character for Carter and that was in the episode "Gemini".

Comment

Working...
        X