No announcement yet.

Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone were to want to do a rewatch, I'd be happy to join in. I'm on my third rewatch, and am still in the first season- A Voice in the Wilderness. Which, of course, is a Biblical reference (That's another thing I like about B5- it concerns itself with questions of the mind, spirit and soul, not just science).

On the lighter side- love B5's Mantra: "Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova..."

Comment

Way after the fact... We just started watching B5 for the first time. Are on season 2. Really loving it!
      sigpic

Comment

Oh there is so much good stuff ahead of you ! ! !

Comment

Speaking of good stuff, I just watched A Call To Arms (1999) last night. Definitely my 2nd favorite B5 movie, though I really dislike Evan H. Chen's score. I feel that it actually distracts from the movie at times. Other stuff that could be better is Carrie Dobro's makeup and her character, but mostly her makeup seemed inconsistent. And another complaint I would level is that Conaway should have been in it more. Zach Allen is actually a very inconsistent character for me in the B5 Universe. When he is good he is really good -see Thirdspace (1998). But sometimes I don't feel like he was written to his own character strengths. It is like sometimes they write him as being a smart guy who really knows how to do the right thing at the right time and then other times it seems like he is the opposite. I don't know, but I do know I am rambling.

I think A Call To Arms (1999) is definitely one of my top 5 Tony Todd projects as far as him showing some real acting chops. After seeing this I would have loved to see his side of the story during the Civil war. I also liked Scott MacDonald as his First Officer. He didn't really do that much, but what he did do I thought he did well. I just thought he was a great addition to the Todd character and I would have liked to see more of that play out.

I also really like this movie because it is meant to be a pilot for Crusade, but in the end it just establishes the story and a couple of characters without taking us completely into Crusade.

Comment

am re-watching my eps, and am on season 1 ep 4, parliament of dreams, and I noticed that if you look closely you can see that while j'kar is cooking his dinner, he picks up LIVE crawdads, you can even see them move while he is at the stove cooking the pigs head.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
              he picks up LIVE crawdads, you can even see them move while he is at the stove cooking the pigs head.
              Yep. They really make that pigs head taste GREAT!

Comment

Just finished my annual rewatch of the entire saga... Needless to say, once again, I am absolutely gutted by the last episode "Rest in Light"! Over and over, time after time, I am in awe of the writing, the timeless words and message... Oh, I am preaching to the choir here...
                Even though this thread has been silent for several years, I needed a place to share. With each passing year I discover more and more parallels with my own life, and the emotions watching these timeless characters... Well, they are simply overwhelming... I know... it is just a story would some say... Perhaps. But it is one that speaks to me over time, and one that complete shakes up my world after every rewatch. I am just happy and eternally grateful as a fan! That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazeAngel View Post
                  Just finished my annual rewatch of the entire saga... Needless to say, once again, I am absolutely gutted by the last episode "Rest in Light"! Over and over, time after time, I am in awe of the writing, the timeless words and message... Oh, I am preaching to the choir here...
                  Even though this thread has been silent for several years, I needed a place to share. With each passing year I discover more and more parallels with my own life, and the emotions watching these timeless characters... Well, they are simply overwhelming... I know... it is just a story would some say... Perhaps. But it is one that speaks to me over time, and one that complete shakes up my world after every rewatch. I am just happy and eternally grateful as a fan! That's all.
                  If there is not enough Babylon 5 discussion for your taste here at Gateworld I can suggest two other places,

http://jmsnews.com/forums/

http://www.b5tv.com/

Both have Babylon 5 and J. Michael Straczynski discussions. Episode discussions on B5TV has quite recently increased.

Comment

Working...
                  X