My, 'wind-up SGU' and semi-reboot idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My, 'wind-up SGU' and semi-reboot idea

Was doing a little thinking about how I'd be happy with Stargate going forward.

Obviously one option is a complete franchise reboot, ending the current and starting again. Depending on how it was done, I'd be OK with this.
    Then there is a separate movie 'universe' that follows on from the original movie. Again, i'd be OK with this.
    Then there is a legitimate continuation of the current Stargate story. - I'd love for this to happen.

As you can see, I'm really not going to be disappointed with any continuation - I just want more Stargate

IMO the dynamic of us v the Goa'uld in the early seasons of SG1 was the best of all three shows

My plan would be to wrap up SGU with a 3-part mini series that launches a new Stargate tv show that tries to recapture that quality.

So (in rough form), the mini series would be

Part 1
    The Destiny completes its journey to the next galaxy and has evaded the drones. Unfortunately they come out of hyperspace in the middle of a space battle.......between Ha'taks! The ships turn on the Destiny who already badly damaged is in real danger. They luckily manage to destroy both ha'taks. But who were they? How did they get here, so far from the MW?

They need supplies and so start dialing local gates. While investigating a world for supplies they come under attack from jaffa, this galaxy is under Goa'uld rule.

The team on the planet are captured, meet a Goa'uld, someone dies and the rest end up escaping.

They use long range scanners on the Destiny, Goa'uld ships and tech start lighting up on an image of the galaxy, they are there in huge numbers. Suddenly there is a beeping, Destiny is highlighting a particular world on the edge of the galaxy, there doesn't appear to be any Goa'uld tech there. They set a course....

Part 2
    Arriving at the planet they discover it is populated with humans who are at a technology level comparable to min-90's Earth.

They are detected by the inhabitants who freak the F*&k out, Destiny is their first contact moment.

So, after all the fuss etc, they get to speak with these people. Not sure on the details, but in the end these people have an ancient myth of escaping from the evil ones when their mythical hero put on a ring that took them to this world, before destroying it once they arrived.....put on, or turned on?

Meanwhile, Rush has made an amazing discovery... a way home. Destiny has detected (science babble) that would allow the ship to reach insane speeds for a brief period of time. Rush calculates that it is enough to almost reach Pegasus which is as good as home.

It is a one-way trip however, and there is a very small window for it to work. What's more, they have been tracked by the Goa'uld who now know about this world. They are several months away at Goa'uld speed.

Part 3
    Is about the decision to stay and help these people (that we've put in harms way), or go home.

There is a lot of ethical debate and stuff happens off-world. Initially they don't believe the Goa'uld are real but they witness it first hand.

In the end, Destiny provides a stargate, some of the crew elect to stay keeping whatever tech they can, and records including the mission reports from all SG teams. They will help this planet build their own SGC to defend themselves from the Goa'uld.

The new series
    Would essentially be SG1 mk2, only this time in place of Teal'c, the weird alien is US!

In this new galaxy, there are no Earth battlecruisers, no Asguard, No super weapons left by the Ancients, but there are Stargates.

How did the Goa'uld get here, when, are they still posing as gods? how can they be defeated?

I'd watch that.

Here's mine:

1. Finish off SGU with a movie trilogy and a 10-part mini series. Destiny completes its mission, we see the conclusion of the stories of each character, but the mission isn't revealed, it's just seen being completed.
    2. Finish Atlantis with 2 more seasons. Return Atlantis to Pegasus, revive Wier and have her lead the expedition to the final victory against the Wraith. Oh and have a new, none-clone body be made for Beckett.
    3. Make a combo series that features all characters from the three series, wrap up their stories within 2 or 3 20 episode long seasons. The Stargate program goes public and the entire World finally gets involved with it. Reveal what the Destiny mission was all about. Showcase relationships: Carter/O'Neill, Daniel/Vala, Wier/Sheppard, Teyla/Kennan, MacKay/Keller, Scott/Chloe, Eli/Guinn, Young/TJ, Rush/Amanda.
    4. At the end of the combo series, introduce a Stargate with 10 chevrons in a series finale, set in the 31st century, where something goes wrong with a Stargate mission and the history is altered, eventually erasing everything that happened with no way of fixing it this time.
    5. In a new series, a new continuity is established, a new mithology, new SGC, new SG teams and new allies and villains. It's revealed that the entire Stargate program and the history altering was just a bad dream by someone who was in stasis for hundreds of years and that someone is revealed to be no-one else but Daniel Jackson. He wakes up, tells the doctors about what he has seen in his dreams, but they don't believe him. Then, he goes to a futuristic version of his long-lost friend, Jack O'Neill and together, they try to figure out why has he been put to sleep for so long. Eventually, they come to a conclusion that Daniel was sent on a mission not long after the Stargate program went public on Earth and that he never got back. However, none of them is aware that Daniel, in present-day reality, has been kidnapped by the reformed Lucian Alliance shortly after the Destiny crew returned back to Earth and that everyone he ever knew at the SGC was also kidnapped and that they're being forced to live in a "virtual world" loop, while the Lucian Alliance is now really in charge of the Stargate program.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
      Here's mine:

1. Finish off SGU with a movie trilogy and a 10-part mini series. Destiny completes its mission, we see the conclusion of the stories of each character, but the mission isn't revealed, it's just seen being completed.
      2. Finish Atlantis with 2 more seasons. Return Atlantis to Pegasus, revive Wier and have her lead the expedition to the final victory against the Wraith. Oh and have a new, none-clone body be made for Beckett.
      3. Make a combo series that features all characters from the three series, wrap up their stories within 2 or 3 20 episode long seasons. The Stargate program goes public and the entire World finally gets involved with it. Reveal what the Destiny mission was all about. Showcase relationships: Carter/O'Neill, Daniel/Vala, Wier/Sheppard, Teyla/Kennan, MacKay/Keller, Scott/Chloe, Eli/Guinn, Young/TJ, Rush/Amanda.
      4. At the end of the combo series, introduce a Stargate with 10 chevrons in a series finale, set in the 31st century, where something goes wrong with a Stargate mission and the history is altered, eventually erasing everything that happened with no way of fixing it this time.
      5. In a new series, a new continuity is established, a new mithology, new SGC, new SG teams and new allies and villains. It's revealed that the entire Stargate program and the history altering was just a bad dream by someone who was in stasis for hundreds of years and that someone is revealed to be no-one else but Daniel Jackson. He wakes up, tells the doctors about what he has seen in his dreams, but they don't believe him. Then, he goes to a futuristic version of his long-lost friend, Jack O'Neill and together, they try to figure out why has he been put to sleep for so long. Eventually, they come to a conclusion that Daniel was sent on a mission not long after the Stargate program went public on Earth and that he never got back. However, none of them is aware that Daniel, in present-day reality, has been kidnapped by the reformed Lucian Alliance shortly after the Destiny crew returned back to Earth and that everyone he ever knew at the SGC was also kidnapped and that they're being forced to live in a "virtual world" loop, while the Lucian Alliance is now really in charge of the Stargate program.
      Please, no focus on ships (not the space kind) in Stargate. Just going to annoy a lot of people. Your pairings are not necessarily my pairings and all that.
      sigpic

Comment

Niximus, exactly how the heck would the Gou'ald be that far out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          Please, no focus on ships (not the space kind) in Stargate. Just going to annoy a lot of people. Your pairings are not necessarily my pairings and all that.
          But ships have always been around in Stargate, ever since the original movie. Stargate is just a device with symbols on it that can help establish a wormhole if 7, 8 or 9 symbol combination is entered into the dialing device/dialing computer. Except enabling interplanetary and intergalactic travel, it can also function as a device, capable of transportation to another dimension or to another period of time (past or future). Other than that, I don't think that Stargate could do something even more cooler than what was established. I could focus on the alien tech more, but so much of it has been shown in the series that it'd be too much if more alien tech and/or labs would be introduced. We already saw a bunch of labs in Goa'uld, Wraith and Raplicator ships and planets, on Atlantis and even on Destiny, not to mention labs of other races that were featured in the show. I recently re-watched all 3 movies and all 3 series, so I'm pretty sure of what I'm talking about.

@garhkal: I agree with you. All system lords have been defeated and Jaffa became free of their control. Then the Ori showed up and screwed up everything for them.

Comment

I think Lythis was referring to the rise of "dominance" of human made spaceships taking over the importance of the gate as a plot device.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I thought Lythisrose was talking about romantic relationships.
              sigpic

Comment

on second reading, you are probably right, my bad.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I like the idea of Goa'uld being far out in the universe somewhere, I always had this nagging in the back of my mind thinking that not all the Goa'uld would have stuck around in the Milky Way and posed as Gods, I reckon some of them left and over tens of thousands of years have managed to explore lots of different galaxies. I guess some of them could have travelled to other galaxies and posed as the Gods of other species :\

The "all being a bad dream" thing is a bit weird, didn't they do that on Dynasty?. Although I guess they could just make a short clip of O'Neill waking up on the roof of his house, knocking over several empty beer cans and holding his head from the hangover, then he looks around and sees his telescope. It turns out that Jack was spending the night on his roof looking through his telescope and thinking about Daniel on Abydos and he got a bit too drunk and everything we've seen over the years was just him having a dream..which started with Samuels pulling up outside his house..the end.

I do think they should at the very least give us maybe a 2 hour TV movie that incorporates SG-1, SGA and SGU and wraps up all the stories in one movie. They could focus it on SGU's story but include SG-1 and SGA some how, Destiny completes its mission, the Wraith are defeated, and everyone returns to Earth. Then it ends with a "One year later" shot of Jack holding Sam's hand in the hospital shouting "Push..push" and Sam gives birth to their child, Teal'c, Daniel and Mitchell come in with balloons and teddybears...a sweet moment and a nice ending

Comment

Originally posted by maxrpg View Post

I do think they should at the very least give us maybe a 2 hour TV movie that incorporates SG-1, SGA and SGU and wraps up all the stories in one movie. They could focus it on SGU's story but include SG-1 and SGA some how, Destiny completes its mission, the Wraith are defeated, and everyone returns to Earth. Then it ends with a "One year later" shot of Jack holding Sam's hand in the hospital shouting "Push..push" and Sam gives birth to their child, Teal'c, Daniel and Mitchell come in with balloons and teddybears...a sweet moment and a nice ending
                    YES!!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      YES!!
                      Ditto.

Comment

I am so glad that never happened. It sounds like a soap opera ending.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

But Stargate has been like a soap-opera in its last few seasons... starting with the Sam/Pete/Jack storyline, then with the Teyla/Kennan/John Jr. thing and the Wier double killing-off thing and from what it sounds by reading JM's blog, the writers would probably go for a John/Teyla relationship. So a Sam/Jack type of ending in maxrpg's way wouldn't be that bad. Besides - Sam & Jack had a crush on each other since episode 1.

However, I would do better and have every SG couple show up to congratulate them.

Comment

I hate the Go'auld. I'd just like to see SGU get another season. However, with Robert Carlyle on Once Upon a Time I doubt he'd come back even if it were possible.
                            All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story... All plot and no character makes for a dull story...

"Scott isn't out. Actually, he'll probably soon get back in, then out, then in, then out, then in, with rhythm and stamina." reddevil 4/22/2010

Comment

Originally posted by maxrpg View Post
                              Unless they also give us a third season of SGU or a film to show what happens after they wake, i can't really see a 2 hr movie tying in all 3 franchises.

Comment

Working...
                              X