My, 'wind-up SGU' and semi-reboot idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Unless they also give us a third season of SGU or a film to show what happens after they wake, i can't really see a 2 hr movie tying in all 3 franchises.
    Never going to happen
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Of course not. Plus they would need at least 2 to 3 movies to tie up all three series (1 for SG-1, one for Atlantis and one for Universe and have the ending spread out in the final scenes of each movie for each series).

Comment

Why do they need one to 'tie up sg1"? They already had 2, the AoT that concluded the Ori arc, and Continuoum which resolved teh Ba'al issue.

Comment

To make the Stargate program public. The third SG-1 movie was going to be all about that and it was going to showcase that Jack and Sam are a couple. At least that's what the first draft of the script contained, as per JM's blog. They were going to bring Jack O' Neill in style and I suspect that we were going to see some of allies to show up (Tok'ra, maybe even somehow revived Tollans, who knows...).

Comment

Neither SG-1 or SGA really need wrapping up. SG-1 successfully wrapped itself up at the end of S8. And then again in Continuum. Yeah, they planned another movie. And the Stargate program gowing public would be interesting. (even j/s i guess if you're into that) But its not the crucial dangling thread people seem to think it is. The show never promised us the program would go public.

SG-1 has the advantage that there set up leads to an 'and the adventure continues' sort of set up. You can leave them with the very open ending of SG-1 will continue going through the get and getting into fun adventures... forever. Like 'All Good Things...' in TNG.

As To SGA, it also had an ending with 'Enemy At The Gate', they get the city back to Earth. It's not a great ending granted but it book ends Rising well. And after that sending the City back to Pegasus is very narratively jarring and unnecessary. And really, without resorting to genocide (again, ugh) you just can't resolve the wraith thing.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Never gonna happen i think the franchise is dead. the last show was in 2011. of course it could do a Star wars and have a new movie/series in 30 years.
              "You don't know half of it".
              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Working...
              X