On Screen Deaths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Screen Deaths

Watching Deep Space Nine "Empok Nor" and was just thinking how many characters have died -not Redshirts,but your average crew- over the course of Star Trek. Found that this episode it's one of those where you wonder "Who's next to die?" or "What type of death are they going to have? That'd suck to be thrown off a Balcony or have something shoved down onto you while working like that Bolian died...."

I think I may have to start re watching the whole of Star Trek to try and keep track of how many officers,crew have died over the course of all the series and what's the most common method of death that fits into the story. Most of the time it's the old 'WATCH OUT FOR THAT CONSOLE!" method, or some other means of killing off the unfortunate Crewmember who's not a main character.

Really it gets kind of funny after a watching Star Trek for a long time it's almost to me the same thing as watching the Battle of Yavin in Star Wars and watching those Rebel Pilots getting blown up one after another and going "Sheesh that's a sucky way to die."

Once again the endless hours of watching Star Trek day after day must be resulting in me Nitpicking almost everything now[what can I say Trek keeps me sane these days, stuck where I am gotta have something to do to keep one from going nuts! Course I've got all of Stargate to watch too]

Just seems like on screen deaths at times can make me go either "Ugh...." or "That's gotta hurt!"

Course Death is Death, not like there's some book of ways to make characters die in the series that won't get old that Writers have on hand when they're writing up the scripts.
    Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Kirk, Tasha, Jadzia, Kai Winn & Damar come to mind (i know a couple of those aren't federation)

I think Harry Kim has "died" a couple of times aswell

Can Kes & Gul Dukat be counted as a death?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Kes's seemed like a "Ascension" Like End and not exactly "Death" Dukat was just Imprisoned with the Pah'Wraiths and sorta kicked out of Existence -one of those things I'll have to watch the DS9 Finale again to see.

Harry Kim "Died" in the Voyager Episode "Deadlock" http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deadlock_%28episode%29 when he was sucked out a Hull Breach...I know he's Died another time when the Delta Flyer's Warp Core Breached in "Timeless."
      Continuing to work on my Blog, which is my showcase and other things related to what I'm working on!

Check it out here!

https://tyjos84.wordpress.com

Comment

Data in Nemesis

Kes basically assended and Dukat is trapped in the fire cave.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X