No announcement yet.

Late to the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you watched any of them yet, Amara?
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh goodness, I didn't. I got wrapped up in house/yard work this weekend and spent what little viewing time I had watching Doctor Who. I couldn't help it - I got sucked in!
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Guess that makes it four episodes next weekend then?
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm really hoping it won't be the weekend before I get to them. ::sigh:: But man has life been getting in the way lately!

Comment

I ran up to Fernandina Beach this weekend (about 2 1/2 hours from home) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday with my family. Just a quick overnight trip (with two german shepherds) and intended to come home today and catch up on Sanctuary. It's 3:00 and right now all I want is a nap. So I'm going to take one. If I'm awake and there's enough time before the golden globes, I may watch and ep (or two) and do my running commentary. Otherwise, it's getting pushed off 'til next week. Again. ::sigh::

Comment

Have a nice nap, Amara! Sounds like you could use it. Don't worry about missing another episode if you're not up to it; we'll still be here when you do have time to watch and post!
              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Okay! Here are the insta-reactions to "Eulogy"…

It's so weird to see John in his period clothing while Ashley's around and Helen's in current dress. Flashbacks can suck, man! It's already clear that Helen's not cling too well, but who can blame her?

Look! Will has a responsibility. And yet he's already screwed it up. Is that his fault, Helen's (due to her understandable distraction) or the Beijing guy's? While the credits are rolling I'm going to expound on this a little further and this is based primarily on me liking Robin Dunne for other non-Sanctuary reasons… I don't know what it is about this show or the writers or just the character, but Robin Dunne comes across as a bad actor (he's no Charlton Heston, but he's not that bad either) or Will comes across under-utilized at worst/insipid at best or, quite frequently, both. I've said it before…the character had amazing potential within the first half of the first season and then it started to dwindle. It's irritating.

Another flashback/daydream, whatnot… and can I just say how nice it is to see Biggie back in the fold? I missed him while he was a part of that mishandled storyline.

Am I the only one who is worried about where they're going to put all the abnormal refugees?

Wow, Kate's a slob. I can appreciate that lifestyle as I too hate to clean, but good grief, girl! How do you get to a place where you can treat someone else's home that way? I don't like what that says about her personality. Then again, she's clearly a lost little girl beneath that prickly exterior.

Ooh, what's Helen searching for? (And the editing in this ep is beautiful!)

Now we get into the nitty gritty of Wil's response to Clara's death? I (hold on…I'm pausing the ep)… Okay, I'm a little confused about this. I understand that it's possible to get very close to people very quickly. But it seems like a fairly short period of time has passed (it's been five days since the funeral) and everyone's all stiff upper lip about all the deaths (for the most part). But here's what I'm really misunderstanding: How serious could the relationship between Will and Clara have been? Surely there's not going to be major emotional fallout from this. (Okay, resuming the ep…)

Oh goodness…is Helen off her rocker? Is this just wishful thinking or what? Even if Ashley's alive is she salvageable?

Beijing guy's name is Mark?

Okay, back to Helen…hmmm…maybe Ashley was able to get out unharmed. But still I wonder if the DNA changes she's undergone can be reversed. And now Will's back to portage status - he's going to be Helen's moral compass? That's pretty big digs for a guy that's been little more than a book end for a little while.

Ah, Kate. Why do you have to be so bad? I'm trying to like you because I know you're sticking around but you're making it really hard. And…ew. But it's a baby! It's kinda cute.

And yeah, that's a lot of crates. I'm still really worried about where they're going to put everyone. (Did we ever find out how many sanctuaries the Cabal destroyed?)

Lol, Biggie's got Kate's number. He'd probably be good for her.

Yikes! Maybe that baby thing isn't so cute after all.

Ah, the real John arrives! Is Helen really upset that he's killing members of the Cabal? That seems incongruous… Is there anything sadder than parents fighting with one another after their child has died? I feel so bad that John didn't know Ashley better but at the same time I could kick him in the shins because it's his own damn fault but he's so broken up about it.

Did I miss what Helen's looking for in the New Mexico flashbacks?

I'm beginning to wonder if the Ashley visions are daydreams or something more… Oh, looks like Helen wonders something similar. But I'm with Will on this one. Surely someone would have noticed Ashley's body. Even if she is disoriented or hurt…the place is really only so big - she'd have wandered into someone or someone would have heard her calling for help. Again, it's been what…five, six, seven days?

Here's that split screen again that I'm not in love with. But I'm getting used to it. I no longer feel like I'm missing things. (Heh - looks like Kate's burger idea worked…)

They're spending a lot of time on hunting this baby creature. Is it that important or is it meant to be comic relief from the heavier Ashley story line?

And wow - is Kate always eating something?

Wait…Henry's supposed to be "the man"? Since when?

Okay…it's an Ashley DNA hunt. Here goes nothing…

Holy smokes that baby whatever-the-hell-it-is can pack a wallop!

And there was a hit. And oh my goodness. That can't be good.

I dunno, though - that skeleton looks pretty far gone to be Ashley's… Phew - it was one of the other ones. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

That mark on Kate's face…isn't that where the baby thing got her? Is its tongue toxic?

Hmmm…whatever Helen's thinking about in New Mexico appears to be important. Hmmm…Ashley's trapped in the computer? (Shades of Teal'c being trapped in the gate…) Ouch, Will. Is letting her run this last test really a bad thing? I mean, she's come this far and it actually sounds fairly reasonable the way she explains it… (And that, folks, is how you know you watch too much sci-fi.)

Whoa! That baby got big FAST! (And it was way cuter as a baby…)

Okay. I take it back. Henry's the man.

Ha ha ha! It thinks Kate's its mom! (And now it's cute again.)

So all of that New Mexico stuff was over a necklace? And oh, damn. I was kinda hoping they'd find Ashley in that EM field. Not that I know what they'd do with her, but for Helen's sake, you know?

And hey, look! Kate's got a soft, chewy center. Whodathunk it?

Helen's offering John words of comfort? Wow. And he's going to be completely not helpful when Helen's got to be hurting far worse. I want so badly to like the guy the way you guys seem to, I just can't.

Hey. That was the Cabal lady…

And John.

Uh-oh.

Ah, now I see. Helen buried the necklace meant to show her the light.

Okay, that last scene with Helen and Ashley made me tear up. Damn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                  Okay! Here are the insta-reactions to "Eulogy"…

Look! Will has a responsibility. And yet he's already screwed it up. Is that his fault, Helen's (due to her understandable distraction) or the Beijing guy's? While the credits are rolling I'm going to expound on this a little further and this is based primarily on me liking Robin Dunne for other non-Sanctuary reasons… I don't know what it is about this show or the writers or just the character, but Robin Dunne comes across as a bad actor (he's no Charlton Heston, but he's not that bad either) or Will comes across under-utilized at worst/insipid at best or, quite frequently, both. I've said it before…the character had amazing potential within the first half of the first season and then it started to dwindle. It's irritating.
                  I wasn't familiar with Robin Dunne before Sanctuary but I agree with the part above I put in bold. More on this with your later comment.

Now we get into the nitty gritty of Wil's response to Clara's death? I (hold on…I'm pausing the ep)… Okay, I'm a little confused about this. I understand that it's possible to get very close to people very quickly. But it seems like a fairly short period of time has passed (it's been five days since the funeral) and everyone's all stiff upper lip about all the deaths (for the most part). But here's what I'm really misunderstanding: How serious could the relationship between Will and Clara have been? Surely there's not going to be major emotional fallout from this. (Okay, resuming the ep…)
                  Yeah it seemed they wanted more emotion impact for Will than seemed appropriate to what we've seen so far.

Oh goodness…is Helen off her rocker? Is this just wishful thinking or what? Even if Ashley's alive is she salvageable?
                  They did a great job with this. We were left wondering just that through the whole episode.

Okay, back to Helen…hmmm…maybe Ashley was able to get out unharmed. But still I wonder if the DNA changes she's undergone can be reversed. And now Will's back to portage status - he's going to be Helen's moral compass? That's pretty big digs for a guy that's been little more than a book end for a little while.
                  And this hits the nail on the head. How can Will even come close to that? He is barely aware of "The Sanctuary" and all that Helen had gone through over the 100 years. And honestly he never came close to being able to fill in Helen's shoes in her absence IMHO. DeClain appeared to be a better choice for a protege to me...I'm sure we will be discussing this more as you progress through the series.

Ah, Kate. Why do you have to be so bad? I'm trying to like you because I know you're sticking around but you're making it really hard. And…ew. But it's a baby! It's kinda cute.
                  This was intentional on behalf of the producers; we were meant to not like her at first.

Ah, the real John arrives! Is Helen really upset that he's killing members of the Cabal? That seems incongruous… Is there anything sadder than parents fighting with one another after their child has died? I feel so bad that John didn't know Ashley better but at the same time I could kick him in the shins because it's his own damn fault but he's so broken up about it.
                  Helen's offering John words of comfort? Wow. And he's going to be completely not helpful when Helen's got to be hurting far worse. I want so badly to like the guy the way you guys seem to, I just can't.
                  I'm anxiously waiting for you to see Haunted (episode 211) before we go into detail on this one. At the time I believe I was wary of John more than anything as it was obvious he was a weakness for Helen.
                  They're spending a lot of time on hunting this baby creature. Is it that important or is it meant to be comic relief from the heavier Ashley story line?
                  It was meant to be a release from the heavier Ashley/Helen storyline as is the next episode.

Hmmm…whatever Helen's thinking about in New Mexico appears to be important. Hmmm…Ashley's trapped in the computer? (Shades of Teal'c being trapped in the gate…) Ouch, Will. Is letting her run this last test really a bad thing? I mean, she's come this far and it actually sounds fairly reasonable the way she explains it… (And that, folks, is how you know you watch too much sci-fi.)
                  So all of that New Mexico stuff was over a necklace? And oh, damn. I was kinda hoping they'd find Ashley in that EM field. Not that I know what they'd do with her, but for Helen's sake, you know?
                  Wait there such a thing as too much Sci Fi? I was really hoping the New Mexico stuff was more important than was portrayed in this episode and that they would revisit it to reveal more later as they seemed to like to do that.....

Okay. I take it back. Henry's the man.
                  yes gotta love Henry!!!

Hey. That was the Cabal lady…

And John.

Uh-oh.

Ah, now I see. Helen buried the necklace meant to show her the light.

Okay, that last scene with Helen and Ashley made me tear up. Damn it.
                  Yes, very moving scene. I made a Helen/Ashley vid and used that scene for the ending. No spoilers for later episodes if you would like to view it.
                  http://www.4shared.com/video/RGaJj8A...and_Ashle.html
                  sigpic

Comment

So, I'm watching Hero (even though I haven't had a chance to respond to JanSam's comments above (sorry! ) and we're at the first commercial break. I couldn't even wait.

The Adjuster?!? Bwahahahahahahah!

And Robin Dunne in black motorcycle leathers? Yes please! However, Will in black motorcycle leathers? Um…what?!?

Comment

The Adjuster: I soon realized I had…x-ray vision.

Helen:

Will: Smirk of realization

(Not for nothing, but I haven't seen anyone pull off that look that well since James Marsters as Spike.)

Comment

Also, I do have to say, after the weight of The Cabal/Ashley episodes, it was night to get back to some MOtW, lighter fare.

And I was SO angry at Kate when she offered to trade an abnormal for her brother (though I guess I understood, too). And then she turned the tables on Constantine and I liked her just a little bit. So now I'm all confused and feel like I've got wishy-washy principles.

So now I'm watching Pavor Nocturnus.

(Because it's either this or do homework. So, no contest.)

Comment

Oooh, enjoy Amara! That's one of the best episodes of the season, in my opinion.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I'm not sure I really understood the episode.

(I'll preface all of this by saying I'm rarely a fan of post-apocalypitic story lines.) So, the misty stuff that was in the green statue both cured Helen's longevity issue as well as was the contagion that ended human life?

And Kate and Will in the potential future, huh? No sure I'm buying into that. But maybe that's the seed planting from the writers for future ship?

Okay, I'm moving on to Fragments but I apparently only have the last 14 minutes. Damn satellite...

Comment

Yeah, my impression was that whatever was in the statue that cured her also caused the apocalypse; Helen's desire to get rid of her longevity basically came with the consequence of destroying all human life and turning them into zombies.

I wasn't sold on Kate and Will either, but I was just relieved they had stepped away from anything Helen/Will (I can ship Magnus with just about anyone except Will!) since there was that brief moment in the Nubbins episode.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                I wasn't sold on Kate and Will either, but I was just relieved they had stepped away from anything Helen/Will (I can ship Magnus with just about anyone except Will!) since there was that brief moment in the Nubbins episode.
                                Does that that include Druitt?
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X