No announcement yet.

Late to the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see you guys are still re-watching. I've been binge-watching on Amazon Instant Video--just finished the "Catwoman" ep, which I loved because it had a humorous side. I am wondering what has happened to the gift city Amanda's dad gave her. And OMG, is Kali gorgeous or what (when not in spider form lol).

Comment

Also, I've been wondering about something--how come there are so many people from India in "Sanctuary"? Not that it's a bad thing; it's just that it seems they predominate. Do the creators and writiers have an Indian background? Maybe the answer is elsewhere on this forum--haven't had a chance to look around much yet.

Comment

I hadn't noticed an abundance of Indian characters.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Well, maybe it's just that there are a few Indian characters right about where I am in the series, and we're used to no Indian characters on television, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            And now I'm watching Sleepers.

Edit 1: Tesla! (I think I've identified the reason it's among your favorites, Sparky ) Why on earth did he pick a German name?

Edit 2: On a side note - I find Jonathon Young to be very unattractive. I love the snarky chemistry between him and Helen, but I just can get past his looks. I know - that makes me an awful person.
            Hi, Amara It is very hard to describe what we Tesla (Jonathon) attracts. Of course, not literally beautiful. But the indescribable charm of personality that can break your heart. He is absolutely graceful, with beautiful movements. One of his colleagues, likening him to Fred Astaire. It moves as if dancing. Also, character figures Nikola Tesla is fascinating, its development. From bad boy to ...? But that's getting ahead I just - I personally love Jonathon. A long time ago I'm adolescent The longer I know him, the more I find him sexy. He is simply... LOVELY
            Last edited by nikotes; 02 May 2014, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I find him incredibly sexy and I do think he's very beautiful. Though I must admit when I first saw him in The Five I thought he looked a bit unusual but then I prefer charismatic and unique over conventionally attractive model looks anyway. I didn't pay much attention to him until Sleepers, when he showed up totally unexpected I was so happy to see him, I didn't know what was happening with me, lol. During that ep I found myself studying his face thinking how beautiful his features are and why I never noticed that before, but unlike most others I actually only started to really like Tesla after he got devamped. Then I got more attracted to him with every episode, I thought it might just be the character so out of curiosity I watched some other stuff and fell in love even more. Kinda like Amy's speech about Rory in Doctor Who, the more I got to know him the more I thought he's the most beautiful man I've ever seen. I've had many crushes but this is the most intense, actually thought I couldn't get this attached to anyone anymore but he proved me wrong. It's hard to describe but there's a certain gentleness about him which I really like, his enthusiasm/ambition about the things he does. I love his eyes although blue didn't used to be my prefered colour, his smile, certain expressions. Also not sure if that's weird but I think he has a really beautiful nose, I keep noticing that in profile shots especially. Still not sure why he has such an intense effect on me though, must be magnetism.

Comment

So beautifully written!! Exactly my words, my feelings, my thoughts! See his smile and I may die ?

Comment

I randomly just caught vigilante on tv. I totally forgot about this episode, I think I only saw it once, so it was like watching it for the first time. Always nice when that happened.
                  sigpic

Comment

So I guess Im the very VERY late one to this party- I Wonder if anybody still reads here. But I had to go to a likeminded place to spill some "gah gah's" over how much I have fallen for this show..
                    Ive only just recently discovered it. Its absoutely brilliant.. Best of the best.

Tonight I watched the episode "Breach" s3ep7. The one in which Adam returns from "the grave" so to speak, and traps Magnus in some type of time fold, I believe it is described as, inside an abandoned Building. I loved everything about this episode and its what compeled me to go online and write out my exitement about how good it was,
                    Firstly- Kickass Helen Magnus WUHUU !! You go girl! this one got some moves. Those were some awsome fight scenes. Magnus is the coolest heroin ever in dramatic history.. to me right now anyway. I want to be like her when Im 157years old
                    Secondly- Adam. Holy cow he is a great villain. The acting, I didnt know that actor that plays Adam before, though I think I have seen him in something, but anyway- He is brilliant from the way he speaks, moves to how he looks..just Yum Yum! Im just in love
                    And I must mention Again Helen Magnus and Amanda Tapping playing Helen Magnus.. Pefectly lovely.. just awsome and every positive adjective thereafter
                    And the Whole look and design of the episode, with the abandoned Building and the suttle hints we saw out of the Windows of Things like leaves and birds standing still outside the 'time fold'. The look of the special effect when Adam jumped in and out of the rifts in 'time/space' or whatever it was that he did.. but that looked so cool. This was just a very beautiful artisticly well done episode.
                    And I liked the weirdness of it in the begining, when Magnus discoveres she is trapped in the Building and we as the audience are like "What the heck goes on here?" along whit her. It was this mystery, enigma weirdness.. lovely lovely <3

So basicly I just want to say- I freakin' Love This Show <3<3<3
                    Why was it cancelled after only 4 seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by moin View Post
                      Why was it cancelled after only 4 seasons?
                      Not enough viewers, and if I remember correctly the backers pulled out, and Syfy decided it wasn't worth keeping if they had to foot the whole bill.

It ends well, so stick with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Welcome moin!

I have been rewatching some of my favorite eps lately and falling in love all over again! I started watching Sanctuary just as it was cancelled...I have a knack for that. I fall in love with shows and they disappear

I know there is still talk between Amanda and Robin about potential for a movie, but it's all still talk. Since it's been this long, chances are getting slimmer I think, especially with Amanda's directing schedule, but we can still hope.

I also love Breach and all of the other Adam Worth episodes. He is a great villain! (He played one of the bad guys in the SG-1 episode Prometheus.)

I really miss this show.
                        sigpic

----------
                        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post

It ends well, so stick with it.
                          Oh Im definantly sticking, or Im helplessly stuck, one or the other

Thanks for the welcome IamDKScully Ive been binge watching the first seasons so now Im dreading coming to the end too fast. So Ive desided to go back and rewatch some of the episodes I really liked before I carry on watching the rest of season 3+4. The movie sounds awsome I will cross my fingers for that happing, but yeah its been some years now so probably not but you never now.

Comment

Hi,
                            after half a year of intensively watching SG-1 I needed some change. I saw a lot of positive comments on the net concerning Sanctuary plus it has Amanda as a lead (what is always a positive thing), so I decided to give it a chance. What a great show to find! I know I`m little late, but I`m wondering if you still watch/ care for the show?

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                              Hi,
                              after half a year of intensively watching SG-1 I needed some change. I saw a lot of positive comments on the net concerning Sanctuary plus it has Amanda as a lead (what is always a positive thing), so I decided to give it a chance. What a great show to find! I know I`m little late, but I`m wondering if you still watch/ care for the show?
                              I still watch the dvds. The show is also shown on a couple of cable channels here, and I try to catch the episodes when I can.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
                                Hi,
                                I'm watching the show now as well. I started watching back when this first came on back in 2008. But I cannot remember why I stopped. Probably didn't have time to keep up with a new show. But Sanctuary is terrific! I'm enjoying the show as much as I did. So like you I'm late. I'm just wrapping up the first season. How far along are you? I'm watching the show through Hoopla, which I can get from my public library. But I think I will get the DVDs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X