Late to the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is great I found someone here who is currently watching

Today I finished second season or better said first episode of season three. I never caught Sanctuary when is was on tv, I`m not even sure they aired it in my country other than on some little known cable channel. But when I got into Stargate last year I saw some Sanctuary posts on tumblr and they made me interested.

I loved first season. It has good mix of likeable characters, interesting stories, scifi/fantasy, action and humor. I really loved the relationship of Helen and Asley, their dynamics with each other and what it brought to the story. Ashley was something between Magnus` partner in-training, right hand and bodyguard :lol You don`t often see such relationship of mother/daughter on TV.

As I was watching the show I realized how lucky Amanda Tapping in her acting career was. For about 15 years she got to play extremely interesting characters who really gave her chance to spread her wings and show all her talents. She got to do practically everything and that`s not often, especially for female actors. Also positive side is she really enjoys scifi genre.

This series got me really appreciated AT acting skills. That she is a good actress I knew from watching SG-1, but creating completely new, believable character without a trace of previous one prove her great talent. Only time I heard little bit of Carter in her voice was in Veritas and that can be explained by Magnus state.

Another thing I like very much about the show is music. I didn`t expect it to be so good and was surprised they didn`t released any soundtracks. But considering later seasons of SG-1 didn`t have either, so it`s not so surprising, but it`s a shame. I wonder who the composer was.

I also started reading fanfiction or at least looking for them. I think this is very interesting world and some great stories can be found out there.

Sorry for longer post, but I enjoy this series very much and longed to share my thought about it with someone.

Comment

Thank you for such a thorough response! I thought this board had gone quiet, so I am pleased that there is someone else who is watching the show now. Back in 2008, I only got through the first seven episodes before I dropped off. And now that I'm watching the show and have passed those first seven, everything else is brand new. The first season did a wonderful job of introducing the main and recurring characters, their relationships, and the main themes. [Ashley :-( ]

I agree with your thoughts about Amanda Tapping. She has been fortunate in her career, although I never really watched SG1. I knew who she was, but I could never get into the show. I started watching Sanctuary because I liked the show's premise. Tapping being able to hold the center of a tv show is not much of a surprise - she held her own quite well after 10 years of the very male-dominated SG1. Robin Dunne, on the other hand, was quite the revelation. He carried the mantle of leading man very well, and I'm surprised that his own career didn't really take off after Sanctuary was cancelled. I love his chemistry with Amanda Tapping - just enough heat to be interesting, but not so much that it overtakes the mentor-protege relationship (which is more intriguing because Helen in the mentor and we don't see too many women in that position on television with a man to bring through the ranks).

Anyway, I guess I'll see you around here from time to time. Perhaps when others see that this board has perked up, maybe more will join us.

Comment

Okay I haven't read anything in this thread, but I needed a place to post this and since I am Semi-Late to the party it is as good a place as any.

SO I started watching SANCTUARY when the webisodes originally aired, but once the series started I only made it about half way into Season 2. I plan to start the series again, but I am trying to come up with some questions before I begin.

First Question:
        Were the Webisodes released as part of any of the DVD releases?

I know they were basically remade into Season One episodes, but it would still be cool to be able to own them and watch them again.
        Last edited by Looney; 19 July 2019, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          Okay I haven't read anything in this thread, but I needed a place to post this and since I am Semi-Late to the party it is as good a place as any.

SO I started watching SANCTUARY when the webisodes originally aired, but once the series started I only made it about half way into Season 2. I plan to start the series again, but I am trying to come up with some questions before I begin.

First Question:
          Were the Webisodes released as part of any of the DVD releases?

I know they were basically remade into Season One episodes, but it would still be cool to be able to own them and watch them again.
          According to these sites:
          https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/3890...-first-season/
          https://scifichick.com/dvd-review-sa...on/2009/09/18/
          https://sanctuary.fandom.com/wiki/Sa...e_First_Season

The webisodes are on the Season 1 set, disc 4 to be exact.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Stealing dialogue from LETTERKENNY, "CAN CONFIRM" the webisodes are part of the Season One set. Thanks so much DigiFluid. Sorry they won't let me add to your Reputation until other users impress me. LOL

Comment

Working...
            X