Late to the Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

Amara don't click because I don't want to spoil you about later episodes....

Fems the confusion about John's illness
    Spoiler:
    comes from what was stated in Sanctuary For All and then later in Haunted. Sanctuary For All used footage from webisodes 1-3 but they changed the "family reunion" from webisode 4. In the Webisodes, John's illness was caused from the teleporting and each time he teleported it caused his madness to increase. Also in the webisodes John was able to teleport through time and not just space so there was no need to give John long life as he just moved through time. Then in Haunted....Amara just in case you peaked I'm spoiling this again DON'T CLICK THIS ONE!!!!
    Spoiler:
    they revealed the energy creature instead of teleporting being the cause of John's madness which caused some inconsistencies.
    I hope I explained it and it made sense (kinda late here)if not just ask and I'll try again when I'm not tired .

Yes but there's also

Spoiler:

Don't click on this Amara!
    Spoiler:
    the introduction of Spring-heeled Jack in Tempus. IIRC, he was the one responsible for the more recent murders but the whole thing also cast doubts on the Jack the Ripper cases being John's work. For me, at least. I'm pretty sure they didn't retcon it but I don't think the introduction of SHJ was a good idea because of the similarities between the Ripper cases and past John's behavior...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      Yes but there's also

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
      the introduction of Spring-heeled Jack in Tempus. IIRC, he was the one responsible for the more recent murders but the whole thing also cast doubts on the Jack the Ripper cases being John's work. For me, at least. I'm pretty sure they didn't retcon it but I don't think the introduction of SHJ was a good idea because of the similarities between the Ripper cases and past John's behavior...
      Honest Amara we aren't intentionally testing your will power...

Spoiler:

I don't question the earlier Jack the Ripper cases being John's work because of the flashback of 1880 Helen confronting 1880 John where he not only admitted to killing the other ladies but then proceeded to kill one right in front of Helen as she held a gun on him. I'll admit if it wasn't for that scene then yes the introduction of SHJ would call me to question if he was responsible.

sigpic

Comment

I don't believe you!

Do you know how hard it is, *not* to click? Or how hard it was *not* to read when I realized the spoiler showed up when I clicked "reply with quote"? But I deleted it like a good little twiddle without reading the spoiler.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Sorry, Amara. I know we could have said it via VMs/PMs but I thought others might like to weigh in and once you've finished watching the show you could give your thoughts on it as well.

So, just a few more hours now until you can watch End of Nights, right? I take it they're only airing the first episode today on your channel and you'll have to wait another week to see the two-parter's conclusion?
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

That's right. I've got just over an hour. Of course, I'll probably DVR at least a while so I can fast forward through the commercials.

Comment

Okay, finally - phone calls, Facebook, and email have released me long enough to watch End of Nights: Part I. So here come the insta-reactions.

John and Helen searching for Ashley together. He's sort of growing on me with the whole concerned father act.

Will and Clara? Seriously? What? One kiss on a rooftop and now she's not only his girl-friend but is apparently working with them? They have the most prolific recruiting program ever. Brush up against the Sanctuary and get a job offer, folks!

But mostly, I just dislike Clara...

The Tesla/Will exchange made me giggle. "Huggy bear!"

Poor Biggie. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. But I'm with Henry - take the damn treatment, Big!

Hold up…the Cabal is backing abnormals? Why? What does that yield them?

You can tell Helen's conflicted about John's presence. But if he wanted to know where they stood, I think she was clear about how she really feels about him. The conflict is strong on her face - there's something there. But will she ever really trust him again? How could she?

So now Will's an undercover operative? Why don't I see this ending well?

Yep. Will sucks at undercover. Sussed out and cops to it.

Creepy, creepy, creepy red-headed doctor.

I don't like the sounds of Phase 2… And the programming is just wiggy.

So Biggie is already not welcome at home? Why resist the treatment? Just to be "one of them"? Hardly seems worth it when he's got a family of sorts at the Sanctuary filled with people who care about him. Seems like an awfully hard line to draw to spite himself.

Wow - why did the meeting between Helen and Will seem so uncomfortable? They've hardly had anything to do with one another in the last couple of eps. The tension seems out of place. I can't yet see where the show's going with the orphan DNA mod study and Ashley's desire for the info. Usually I can formulate some idea or another even if it's wrong. But that one seemed to come out of left field. And Will thinks it was Ashley that stole the data and not the Cabal? Does that mean he thinks she's still capable of independent action? Or did he just mean she was the one tasked with the errand?

Hey, look! The gang's back together and they've picked up a couple of extras. It's just sort of nice to see (most of) the core group all in the same room.

Oh good. Will had to ask about the DNA thing, too. I'm glad it wasn't just me…

Wait! That's what the source blood does!?! So the powers that The Five got have nothing to do with the vampiric abilities and have to do with latent abnormal abilities each of The Five had? So they all just happened to have latent vampire abilities? That seems rather unlikely.

So the orphans would have absolutely no latent abnormal DNA. Does that mean that the rest of the population would/does? If so, it's amazing the source blood thing is only coming up now. Well, at least that means it really was the Cabal stealing the data and not Ashley herself.

What's up with bad guys submerging people in water? Seriously. What's the point?

Okay, well that was just creepy, John. Today's her lucky day? You're going to abduct her from a barn…

Ew, ew, ew…somebody news a manicure.

Martin Wood? But what's up with the guy that he's got such an elaborate escape plan?

Ah, so this is Kate!

That was kind of a low blow, Will. I thought Helen showed marvelous restraint under the circumstances.

And c'mon Henry! What the hell?!? Couldn't you see that coming from a mile away? Bye-bye pretty little convertible…

What I don't understand is why the Cabal is interested in turning Ashley into an abnormal if they want all the abnormals gone. Moreover, what do they want with an abnormal when they're putting together a merry bandy of un-turnables?

Whoa… the Cabal says they were only unable to retrieve one subject but Martin Wood got away and John got the girl in the barn. Did I miss something important? Is Martin not one of the orphans?

So Helen and Tesla are batting around the idea that the orphans are blank slates and that the Cabal wanted the source blood to make an all-new abnormal. But two things: 1) isn't that sort of contrary to everything the Cabal is about; and 2) doesn't the source blood only awaken latent abilities (or, at best, fork over a vampiric ability)?

Ah, so Kate got Martin to the Cabal. So much for that question…

Worst. Shots. Ever. Seriously? She was able to get out of the car and get behind a wall and avoid all that gunfire? Right.

Oops, no. Guess she was shot. At least she made it to the Sanctuary first. And having been spoiled, I know they're going to hire her… Like I said, most prolific recruiting program ever.

Can I get on the John travel program? That looks handy. But during the puzzle solving he mentioned having to know where he was going to materialize so he didn't start co-existing with rock (I think he even mentioned it once before). How does that work when he's going to a location like the industrial complex? Satellite imagery is only so good. How does he know he's not going to re-materialize as part of a passing-by car or something?

So Ashley's a vampire now? They used the source blood to bring out her latent abilities which thanks to the abilities of mom and dad (which may have been their own latent abilities or byproducts of the source blood) she's a full on vampire the likes of which even Tesla doesn't seem to rival (though he's the closest). But the Cabal clearly did something else to the source blood because it's now a clear blue liquid. So what's the what?

Btw, I don't care for the splitting the screen into multiple parts so we can see all the camera angles. I feel like I'm missing details because I can't look at it all at once. But clearly it's all important or it wouldn't all be on the screen at once.

So it's not really abnormals the Cabal has a problem with but the Sanctuary?

It was a good episode and I feel like we're finally getting some info. Two new characters over the course of the last two episodes, more time with Tesla and John…it's great but I feel like we get a little gypped. I didn't get to spend enough time with any of the characters.

Damn waiting another week. Pretty sure I'm going to just have to buy the series DVDs. I'm not used to once a week viewing on a show everybody else is ahead of me on. I don't think I like it!
              Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 07 December 2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

You've brought up some excellent questions, Amara! I don't know all the answers so I'll just wait with replying to anything until after I've seen the episode sometime next week. Too bad you still have another week of waiting for the other half of End of Night because the events in that episode are some of my favorite. I don't recall all the details (which makes rewatching only more fun) and I'm not even sure if it's the plotline or just some fabulous acting by a bunch of the cast; all I know is that I remember it as a great episode and I'm really looking forward to rewatching it.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Sorry if I sound ignorant to the show or to lazy to check!

But what is Sanctuary about? Better to get the perspective off of here from people who watch it, who's in it etc (people of note)

Thanks for any info

Comment

Originally posted by StevenSG1 View Post
                    Sorry if I sound ignorant to the show or to lazy to check!

But what is Sanctuary about? Better to get the perspective off of here from people who watch it, who's in it etc (people of note)

Thanks for any info
                    Best answer for your question is to link you to the synopsis on the official website.
                    http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/TheShow/Synopsis.php

They list who is on the show at the bottom but Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne, Christopher Heyerdahl, and Ryan Robbins. Besides Amanda; Chris appeared in both SG-1 and Atlantis and Ryan in Atlantis. Damian Kindler, creator and writer, and Martin Wood, director (both from Stargate) produce the show with Amanda. Many actors from Stargate appeared in the show as episode guest or recurring cast.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      Best answer for your question is to link you to the synopsis on the official website.
                      http://www.sanctuaryforall.com/TheShow/Synopsis.php

They list who is on the show at the bottom but Amanda Tapping, Robin Dunne, Christopher Heyerdahl, and Ryan Robbins. Besides Amanda; Chris appeared in both SG-1 and Atlantis and Ryan in Atlantis. Damian Kindler, creator and writer, and Martin Wood, director (both from Stargate) produce the show with Amanda. Many actors from Stargate appeared in the show as episode guest or recurring cast.

Thank you

Comment

Couple of initial comments without rewatching for now....
                        Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        Okay, finally - phone calls, Facebook, and email have released me long enough to watch End of Nights: Part I. So here come the insta-reactions.

John and Helen searching for Ashley together. He's sort of growing on me with the whole concerned father act.

Kinda thought he would.

Will and Clara? Seriously? What? One kiss on a rooftop and now she's not only his girl-friend but is apparently working with them? They have the most prolific recruiting program ever. Brush up against the Sanctuary and get a job offer, folks!

But mostly, I just dislike Clara...
                        Psst....you aren't alone with that dislike....We'll discuss this more after you see Part 2.
                        The Tesla/Will exchange made me giggle. "Huggy bear!"
                        This is the Tesla I enjoy. Got to love his snarky attitude.
                        Poor Biggie. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. But I'm with Henry - take the damn treatment, Big!

Yep, I might have even yelled that at the TV at the time.....

Hold up…the Cabal is backing abnormals? Why? What does that yield them?

You can tell Helen's conflicted about John's presence. But if he wanted to know where they stood, I think she was clear about how she really feels about him. The conflict is strong on her face - there's something there. But will she ever really trust him again? How could she?
                        Yes THIS...can't ya just feel the tension between them?
                        So now Will's an undercover operative? Why don't I see this ending well?

Yep. Will sucks at undercover. Sussed out and cops to it.
                        LOL
                        Creepy, creepy, creepy red-headed doctor.
                        Didn't she do an awesome job with that character?
                        I don't like the sounds of Phase 2… And the programming is just wiggy.

So Biggie is already not welcome at home? Why resist the treatment? Just to be "one of them"? Hardly seems worth it when he's got a family of sorts at the Sanctuary filled with people who care about him. Seems like an awfully hard line to draw to spite himself.
                        I don't think Biggie realized he was part of the Sanctuary family at this point so felt he needed to be true to his kind.
                        Wow - why did the meeting between Helen and Will seem so uncomfortable? They've hardly had anything to do with one another in the last couple of eps. The tension seems out of place. I can't yet see where the show's going with the orphan DNA mod study and Ashley's desire for the info. Usually I can formulate some idea or another even if it's wrong. But that one seemed to come out of left field. And Will thinks it was Ashley that stole the data and not the Cabal? Does that mean he thinks she's still capable of independent action? Or did he just mean she was the one tasked with the errand?
                        Most of this will be answered in the next episode I think but he meant she was the one tasked with the errand.
                        Hey, look! The gang's back together and they've picked up a couple of extras. It's just sort of nice to see (most of) the core group all in the same room.

Oh good. Will had to ask about the DNA thing, too. I'm glad it wasn't just me…

Wait! That's what the source blood does!?! So the powers that The Five got have nothing to do with the vampiric abilities and have to do with latent abnormal abilities each of The Five had? So they all just happened to have latent vampire abilities? That seems rather unlikely.

So the orphans would have absolutely no latent abnormal DNA. Does that mean that the rest of the population would/does? If so, it's amazing the source blood thing is only coming up now. Well, at least that means it really was the Cabal stealing the data and not Ashley herself.
                        More will be revealed later.
                        What's up with bad guys submerging people in water? Seriously. What's the point?
                        LOL yes well you do remember Requiem from last season? It became a running joke that every season had at least one with submerging people in water. Martin might enjoy getting people wet.
                        Okay, well that was just creepy, John. Today's her lucky day? You're going to abduct her from a barn…
                        Yes I'm sure she was just soooo willing to go with him eh.

Martin Wood? But what's up with the guy that he's got such an elaborate escape plan?

Ah, so this is Kate!

That was kind of a low blow, Will. I thought Helen showed marvelous restraint under the circumstances.
                        I'm not sure why but I just love that scene with Helen barely holding on to control and then Will confronting her about it. Loved the "You're spending too much time with Jack the Ripper."

And c'mon Henry! What the hell?!? Couldn't you see that coming from a mile away? Bye-bye pretty little convertible…

Yeah Henry come on geez. BTW that pretty little convertible belongs to Damian. If you get the DVDs be sure to listen to the commentary as they do talk about using it.

Btw, I don't care for the splitting the screen into multiple parts so we can see all the camera angles. I feel like I'm missing details because I can't look at it all at once. But clearly it's all important or it wouldn't all be on the screen at once.
                        They experimented with this for a while. I it was cool for transitions but like you felt I was missing details if it was used during a scene.
                        So it's not really abnormals the Cabal has a problem with but the Sanctuary?
                        They have a problem with The Sanctuary because The Sanctuary helps abnormals.
                        It was a good episode and I feel like we're finally getting some info. Two new characters over the course of the last two episodes, more time with Tesla and John…it's great but I feel like we get a little gypped. I didn't get to spend enough time with any of the characters.
                        /me thinks you are hooked .

Damn waiting another week. Pretty sure I'm going to just have to buy the series DVDs. I'm not used to once a week viewing on a show everybody else is ahead of me on. I don't think I like it! [/QUOTE]

Ah now I feel bad but we'll try harder to behave and not discuss things until you catch up.....hey Fems make notes to discuss later . You do know Christmas is coming and wouldn't the DVDs make a nice present .
                        sigpic

Comment

Will you be watching the second part of End of Nights tomorrow, Amara? I haven't watched the first yet because I prefer watching a two-parter in one go, so I'll review them when you've seen the other half as well.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Indeed I will! I'll be spending the better part of the day holed up in Starbucks working on my 2 short film scripts and 1 feature film outline that are due in just over a week. So I'm not sure it'll happen "live" so to speak at 4:00 EST. It'll probably be later on in the day. (All I really wanna do is curl up on the couch and watch hours of Sanctuary…in other news, I'm totally buying myself the DVDs for Christmas…)

Comment

Alright, and here we go with End of Nights: Part II

I'm not quite sure what to think about Kate yet. Mostly I'm finding her annoying. She reminds me a lot of a teenager what with the attitude she cops… but in the face of an angry Magnus, perhaps I'd have a similar defense mechanism…

And poor Helen in an impossible position - either give up Ashley or turn over an entire "race" of people she (and others) have spent their lives protecting. You'd like to think you'd choose your child in such a position, but that's a pretty big sacrifice no matter which you choose… Not to mention, while Helen talks a good game about believing Ashley's new…condition…could be managed, it's clear the guys - led, apparently, by Tesla - aren't so sure. I'm sorta with them…

And please, John, stand still while I smack you around a little to rid you of your righteous anger… Regret? Really? Okay. Any brownie points you earned last week have just been revoked.

And now I'm back to the questions on the source blood. Tesla says, "…someone who possesses the abilities of five of the most powerful abnormals on earth…". Who? The Five? They're among the most powerful abnormals on earth? Tesla, maybe, I get. John? Okay. And sure, the ability to turn invisible is sort of cool (if a bit limited in potential usefulness). But didn't James get super-smarts and Helen got long life. While those are nifty, I'm not sure I'd rank them higher than some of the other things that must be out there.

Dude - is that a Medusa?!? Awesome! Way to go Tokyo office.

And what, precisely, is Will's function as all of this is progressing? He's a pretty sharp guy. Couldn't they have found an actual job for him aside from standing next to Helen looking confused?

Ah, I spoke too soon. Apparently he gets to talk to the cranky-teen, too. And Kate's an independent contractor, right? Aside from the need for exposition from the viewpoint of writing a fictional story, how on earth does she have so much information about the Sanctuaries (e.g. that the one in Old City is the most heavily fortified) or the Cabal (like what order they would do things in and why)?

Ah, then Will asks the very same question. And, of course, no answer is forthcoming.

(And I still really don't like her.)

And I finally get to meet Declan!

Old City, Tokyo, Beijing, New Delhi, Moscow…how many Sanctuaries are there?

Seriously? There's time to break for sex? And again, why on earth has she been hired? She bordered on completely useless… And why does she say she has control now. Clearly she had it before the whole puzzle mission, too, as she was a thief and she was hiding (invisibly) from Will and John when they were chasing her. It wasn't until she got scared because there was some pressure on her to complete the puzzle that she was suddenly not in control of her power.

So the Cabal is monitoring the EM fields because they also knew their folks couldn't teleport in with the field. So how were Ashley and Co. able to teleport into Tokyo?

Ooh, is big troll guy one of the imports? Who knew Helen had something like that just laying around? And, ewwww, Ashley!

What exactly does John think he's going to do with two katanas against three immoral, indestructible, and exceptionally strong beings. He's the one that didn't want to kiss her, right? But I do feel pretty bad for him they way her eyes went blue after he stabled her. Even when you're a bad guy it must suck to be confronted by your actual daughter in such a situation.

Also, import species #2? Freaking awesome! Oh, an apparently Will's done getting laid. That was fast. Pity. :roll eyes: And damn…turns out species 2 wasn't so helpful after all. Damn.

And now Tesla's in the game! He's probably closest to Ashley in strength and power.

…And there's naked Clara. Of course. Operation Exxon Valdez. Anyway, at last I'm not feeling bad for either one of them concerning Will's prowess anymore…

Just out of curiosity, how's the Cabal tapped in to the security cameras at the London Sanctuary - especially with all the fancy new security measures?

And way to go Tesla-nator!

And that was short lived…

Shoot her again! Holy crap!

And they're down again. Apparently no time to move them into secure holding. Plan B, anyone? Ah, the "Elemental"? Well now I'm wondering which two things were imported by Helen. That fire thing was pretty cool, but is it a species or part of the Sanctuary's defenses?

Wait? What happened to Clara? I mean, I didn't like her, but she didn't have to die… And it seems strange to me that she's dead at all… But Will's taking it pretty well considering she's his girlfriend.

And finally we're picking up on the Biggie thing again. Well, momentarily anyway.

Okay, now he's upset. That's better.

And Kate gets to leave? If I didn't know she was about to get a job… I mean, way to hard-line, Helen, but what happens?

Wow, I'm just all kinds of confused about Helen right now. She gives this speech to her old friend about how she was wrong about compromise and then says she won't be visiting him again (after saying she understands the choice he's making; but at least she left him the cure), and then she tells Tesla to make a weapon that will kill Ashley. What the hell happened to compromise? Also, what's Ashley's blood got to do with it? Did I miss something important?

Oh no. Well, at least they have the weapon…

And Biggie, apparently! Woo-hoo!!! I guess Helen's weird speech worked.

(And is anyone else concerned Helen's going to accidentally get John with that gun?!?)

(Also, this is precisely the reason it needed to not be Helen wielding the weapon.)

Oh, holy hell. Kate just completely killed Ashley. And she still gets a job???

And, Ashley's back? WTH? I'm so confused. Ashley. The real Ashley! For like, a second or something… And what's up with all the gold floaty stuff? Do they disintegrate when they try to teleport through the EM shield or what? And if that's the case…shouldn't Kate be dead now?

I found myself confused quite a bit by the characters in this episode. It's almost like everything I learned about them over the course of the last 14 episodes had been turned on its head. Right now I'd probably only put a modicum of trust into Tesla or Henry. Everybody else has me shaking my head.

This damn show. Yep - totally buying the DVDs...
                              Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; 14 December 2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The DVDs are definetely worth it!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X