Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel Amara D'Angeli's Avatar

Default Re: Late to the Party

Okay, it's official: Veritas is my favorite episode of this season so far. Maybe even the series.

It had angst, intrigue, humor, subtext…what more could a fan ask for? I loved the scene at the end with Henry and Biggie. The smack in the elevator made me LOL and wake up the dogs.
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

I enjoyed Veritas as well. But I wouldn't go as far as saying it's my favorite of the whole series. It's been a while since I've seen all the eps (and I still have to catch up with you, Amara) but I think Tempus would be my favorite and there are some excellent season 3 (and more of 4) too IIRC.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Okay, perhaps I should have said favorite of the series so far since I've still got two and a half seasons to go. But I did really enjoy that one.

Which season are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Which season are you on?

My favorite one from that season is "Sleepers".

So, I'm watching Next Tuesday and…why on earth is Helen so intent on Will not going to Reykjavik?

Seriously? She's upset that he wants to ditch her for a conference and a potential lay? Very petty, Helen, very petty.

Edit: Okay, so no conference. Just sex. But still, c'mon Helen go let the boy get him a piece. I mean, he probably doesn't have to go all the way to Iceland to do it, but whatever straightens his kinks, you know?

Edit 2: Oh Helen, double standard much? You're gonna go get yours so you're going to make sure Will can't go get his? I get it - you're higher on the totem pole. But still. (And not for nothing, but I typed the "double standard much" before I watched Will say it. But still…bonus points for me.) Anyway, now I'm feeling a little bad for Helen because it looks like she was going to not enjoy a fun weekend away with Olaf. And that just seems like denying herself unnecessarily.

Edit 3: Also, I mentioned a couple of hours (and episodes) ago how I wasn't snipping/and was trying not to ship Will/Helen, but this episode, guys, there's subtext. And a couple of moments. And some bonding. Still not great chemistry - which is strange if you think about it because Robin and Amanda have amazing chemistry - so anyway, it's not a ship I'm sold on, but I can the potential (at this point) and why some viewers may have gone there first time around. Damn it.
    Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; February 16th, 2014 at 04:53 PM.

And now I'm on to Penance and oh my goodness it's Michael Shanks! (Btw, that is so Amanda's smile for Michael because that's how Sam used to smile at Daniel…)

Edit: Can I please be shot on screen with Michael Shanks to take care of me? Thank you to whomever can make that happen.

Edit 2: Damnit, Kate. Why do you have to have such a compelling backstory. I don't want to be sympathetic to you! Also, I get the sense that Jimmy had something to do with Kate's father's death…

Edit 3: Aw, man. Really?!? So Jimmy planted the bomb that killed Kate's dad? This sucks.

Edit 4: Will's going naked swimming with Sally? Yep. Now I want to be a telepathic mermaid...
    Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; February 16th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    My favorite one from that season is "Sleepers".
    And now I'm watching Sleepers.

Edit 1: Tesla! (I think I've identified the reason it's among your favorites, Sparky ) Why on earth did he pick a German name?

Edit 2: On a side note - I find Jonathon Young to be very unattractive. I love the snarky chemistry between him and Helen, but I just can get past his looks. I know - that makes me an awful person.

Edit 3: So what, Tesla? That Vampire gene not working quite the way you intended. What's that you were saying about being a genius? How smart are you feeling now?

Edit 4: Side note #2 - Somethread this weekend I mentioned something about guys winking and so far today I've gotten to watch Robin Dunne do it twice. Who has two thumbs and is slightly giddy? This girl!

Edit 5: Dude, I actually feel kind of bad for Tesla. And really bad for Helen being the last of the five.

Edit 6: Wait. What? So he's magnetic now? And does that mean he's still technically a Five and I don't have to feel bad for him?
    Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; February 16th, 2014 at 06:57 PM.

Okay, I'm watching Haunted. That means I'm "caught up" with all the episodes that have aired and I'll be back to week-to-week viewing. (Okay, I'm not sure it's fair to be sad about that considering I had 7 or 8 eps on my DVR when I started this afternoon…)

Edit 1: John's back! This is just a bang-up season isn't it?!? It occurs to me now that there are only 2 more episodes left in this season. Then, only two seasons after that. Damn. Also, I'm feeling bad for John. What's up with this show and making me feel bad for guys I don't like? And one more also: I'm not sure I think John's up to all good here this time around. (Because he's been so lily white so far… )

Edit 2: I love Will in doctor mode. Sometimes it's easy to forget he's got med-school under his belt. It occurs to me that everyone else has very clear job descriptions. Will just seems to go where Helen needs/wants him to go. He's like the plug-in when they need a guy to do a thing (like Skye in S.H.I.E.L.D, but don't get me started). Here's a guy that's a doctor. More than that, he's a psychiatrist. How come we so seldom see him psychiatry-ing?

Edit 3: Dear John, I hate you. Go choke on something. Sincerely, me.

Edit 4: Geez, John, trying to get a degree in mixed signals? You're so unhappy you want to die. So you do something that will Make Helen come after you. She does, as you expected, and once there you fling a knife at her to force her hand. Then you run. Like a little *****. Stupid man.
    (And has anyone else noticed Heyerdahl's characters in this show are both exceptionally yellow? I'm worrying about jaundice at this point.)

Edit 5: Dear John, I still really freaking hate you. Go choke on something and die. Sincerely, me.

Edit 6: You know, the Sanctuary is creepy enough without it being possessed by an angry entity...

Edit 7: Dear John, I'm a little sorry. Sincerely, me (the sorry one)

Edit 8: Amanda, you're too freaking pretty. Gah! Those eyes get me every time!

Edit 9: Oh, dammit. John. He's possessed again. Why do I feel so badly about this? Geez.
    Last edited by Amara D'Angeli; February 16th, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Amara, you make me laugh

I'm with Sparky on the Teslen front. There's just something about the two of them together. And, yes he's not the hottest guy around, but he's so damn lovable!

I am currently putting Season 2 on my computer I was gonna watch last night, but someone started talking about Season 1 of SG-1 and so I had to go watch a couple early eps

Tonight I am definitely watching some Sanctuary though (working on a new crochet project, Amara )!

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IamDKScully View Post
    Amara, you make me laugh

I'm with Sparky on the Teslen front. There's just something about the two of them together. And, yes he's not the hottest guy around, but he's so damn lovable!

I am currently putting Season 2 on my computer I was gonna watch last night, but someone started talking about Season 1 of SG-1 and so I had to go watch a couple early eps

Tonight I am definitely watching some Sanctuary though (working on a new crochet project, Amara )!
    Damn you for being so able to multi-task.

Quote Originally Posted by IamDKScully View Post
    Amara, you make me laugh

Gotta love Tesla, he's a scream!

Oh and btw Amara, don't worry about Tesla. Things will work out.

Chief Master Sergeant Bonniesrg's Avatar
    In the Sanctuary wine cellar, lying in wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
    (And has anyone else noticed Heyerdahl's characters in this show are both exceptionally yellow? I'm worrying about jaundice at this point.
    This made me laugh so much.

I'm with the others on the Teslen front. And I know Jonathon is not what is universally the norm to describe attractive, but with his mannerisms, acting & expressions etc I can't help but find him attractive.
    It's the same with Benedict Cumberbatch. He's not what you would call attractive at all looking just at his facial features, but mix it with everything else he does physically etc & he is.

I also noticed Heyerdahl's yellow coloring several times throughout the show, but I figured it was bad lighting combined with the green screen or something.

Jonathan Young isn't what I would call handsome or very attractive but he and Heyerdahl both have lots of charisma. I don't know if it's the men or the roles (for Heyerdahl John, not Biggie ) they play or perhaps their chemistry with AT, but there is just something very attractive about them which isn't down to their looks.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Chief Master Sergeant Bonniesrg's Avatar
    In the Sanctuary wine cellar, lying in wait.

Quote Originally Posted by fems View Post
    Jonathan Young isn't what I would call handsome or very attractive but he and Heyerdahl both have lots of charisma. I don't know if it's the men or the roles (for Heyerdahl John, not Biggie ) they play or perhaps their chemistry with AT, but there is just something very attractive about them which isn't down to their looks.
    I would hope not.

I think it may be both the men & their roles. I have seen both men in various roles & they have charisma in spades in most of these. They tend to stand out even in minor roles. And seeing Jonathon in YouTube videos in interviews & meeting Christopher Heyerdahl & speaking to him in person on one occasion, it seems there is something naturally in their personalities that stand out. It doesn't really help that when you have any of The Five together in a scene they out act anybody else in that scene. All you can notice is the chemistry between them.

So, I'm watching Kali and I've got to admit, Kate's grown on me. But…this show has a tendency to use its characters for whatever's needed at any particular moment and that's irritating me. So now Will and Kate are ballistics experts? ::sigh:: What's so hard about building a profile for a character and then letting them do the job you originally gave them?? Need a ballistics expert? How about that random dude on the screen that's following them around? Or ANYBODY ELSE? Kate's a merc for hire, right? So I guess I can see her knowing/understanding weapons. But to follow up behind Will's assessment? I just don't know.

Edit: Also, was that Carson as one of the Sanctuary heads?!?

Yes that's him!

Just out of curiosity, I've seen a couple of people write Tesla's name as "Teslen". Is that something to do with the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
    Just out of curiosity, I've seen a couple of people write Tesla's name as "Teslen". Is that something to do with the series?
    That's just a mashing of Tesla and Helen.