• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stories We Tell Our Young (306)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    STORIES WE TELL OUR YOUNG
    EPISODE NUMBER - 306
    Nick and Hank investigate a case that combines religious phenomenon with the dark dealings of the Wesen Council - a case that puts Rosalee's Wesen loyalties to the test. (NBC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 December 2013, 09:42 PM.

What an exciting episode! It had everything - wesen problem that did not include an actual Wesen, we saw a glimpse of the wesen/royal/Grimm background again via the council...Nick keeps getting more and more attention for his unconventional ways is certainly a good way how to make maybe a potentially great (mid)finale. Monroe and Rosalee are cute! I love how Bree and Silas work with their chemistry. They are like a perfect couple I also liked how they invovled Juliette in this (loved the ending). I think old vs. new is a typical problem with old sociaties and companies. They keep traditions no matter what - we have science these days and Nick has possibilities his ancestors didn´t have.

I loved so many things about this episode. They worked hard to get to this point - they established characters, their relationships to each other. Rosalee and her torn loyalities (Bree beautifully sold in in those few seconds), Monroe´s torn loyalties between Rosalee, Nick and the council, ending up supporting both....Hank and his unconditional support of Nick - he also accepted fully what was happening and the way he covers Nick´s back or talks to Monroe and Rosalee (friendly but stricly professional if required), Renard and his scenes in Vieanna were great and I sense that Adelind is pretty uncertain right now. I think she may need Renard to help her in the future.

What a great, great episode

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

That was a good episode. I liked that we got some background on the counsel and the royals. Hopefully will get some more in the next few episodes. Monroe and Rosalee are really cute. And the end scene in the trailer was cute and its great to see Nick write in the book.
      sigpic

Comment

Great to see it all come together. Like everyone else I really enjoyed this Episode and it even gave Juliette a great Storyline. She could be very useful down the line with her Medical Knowledge. Maybe even find out what makes Grimms different.

In general it was awesome to see another possibility of a Wesen. From the beginning I was thinking parasite, but it was great how they made it work with the Story and cant wait to see more of the Counsel. Did not know the Wesen also have kind of a Headquarters. Kind of odd considering that most are scattered and hiding from each other.

I really hope Grimm will live longer than OUAT, since there is really alot more possibility here. OUAT has that aswell, but so far its not really being used but rather avoided from the writers, concentrating on source Material and thats fine as well. Just saying I can see Grimm going longer, maybe some of you Number Wizards got different predictions though.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I've never seen OUAT but I really hope Grimm has a nice long run .
          sigpic

Comment

Grimm will likely have 4 seasons at the very least so it can get syndication. I'm hoping for at least 5 seasons
            sigpic

Comment

This season is just getting better. Stories we tell our young was for me the best episode of the season so far.
              I'm really excited for the Renard storyline. I hope they focus on it more in the next few episodes even over the happenings in Portland. I'm just so interested in the lore and History of Wesen culture that I want to know more about and the balance the Grimm is showing in its episodes are great. Episode was also creepy at times which I loved but then again so are most Grimm episodes. Can't wait for next week, preview looked awesome.

Comment

Well, I enjoyed the episode as well, but . . . .

I did not like cute Rosalee and Munroe. There was a serious problem to be discussed in their first scene and them being cute made no sense. All the cuteness was a device so no real questions would come up about the boy's problem and the mystery could be furthered a little longer into the episode. It was so obvious and I found it annoying. I mean think about it in reality. Nick and Hank, "There is a boy in the hospital who has a problem and we need answers." Munroe and Rosalee, "Well we'll try to explain some things that kind of make us giggle and we'll use words you don't understand because that will also be a little inside joke." Nick and Hank, "Oh, Okay, we'll play along and forget about the gravity of the situation so you to can enjoy yourselves while you try to explain some things we don't understand." The whole scene was just off.

And I personally really dislike them including Juliet more. I know they've come up with what seems like a viable way she can help, but I don't even remotely believe that character is as smart as she magically seems to have become.

All that aside, I really enjoyed the episode. I liked the Wesen Council stuff and everything with Renard. I was worried at the beginning of the episode that they were coming up with a way to write him out of the show for awhile, but then they did something good by making a 'B Plot' about him. So despite the awkward "cute" scene and Juliet I say this episode was a winner. I was even a little worried at the end that the solution of the kid's problem was going to be too simple, but I think the way they worked it was fine. Not great, but not terrible either.

Comment

I'm just so deliriously happy that we're actually seeing the super-hearing thing. They didn't forget about it! It's still being used regularly! It hasn't gone the way of Sam's ability to use Goa'uld technology! Woohoo!
                  sigpic
                  "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                    Well, I enjoyed the episode as well, but . . . .

I did not like cute Rosalee and Munroe. There was a serious problem to be discussed in their first scene and them being cute made no sense. All the cuteness was a device so no real questions would come up about the boy's problem and the mystery could be furthered a little longer into the episode. It was so obvious and I found it annoying. I mean think about it in reality. Nick and Hank, "There is a boy in the hospital who has a problem and we need answers." Munroe and Rosalee, "Well we'll try to explain some things that kind of make us giggle and we'll use words you don't understand because that will also be a little inside joke." Nick and Hank, "Oh, Okay, we'll play along and forget about the gravity of the situation so you to can enjoy yourselves while you try to explain some things we don't understand." The whole scene was just off.

And I personally really dislike them including Juliet more. I know they've come up with what seems like a viable way she can help, but I don't even remotely believe that character is as smart as she magically seems to have become.

All that aside, I really enjoyed the episode. I liked the Wesen Council stuff and everything with Renard. I was worried at the beginning of the episode that they were coming up with a way to write him out of the show for awhile, but then they did something good by making a 'B Plot' about him. So despite the awkward "cute" scene and Juliet I say this episode was a winner. I was even a little worried at the end that the solution of the kid's problem was going to be too simple, but I think the way they worked it was fine. Not great, but not terrible either.
                    Yeah, this is precisely how I felt about the episode too. Suddenly, since knowing the truth about Grimms and Wesen, Juliet can help with anything that comes up! And the Wesen version of the birds and the bees wasn't really clarifying because of how Rosalee and Monroe played the scene. Also, you'd think they would mention this child-demon-thing after hearing what Nick said, but they just kept it to themselves until the next scene! I know it was very rare but if someone asks you about such information you should tell them everything, including the rare possibility. Especially if the description of said rarity could help Nick identify/eliminate possibilities.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm just wondering who the new Prince is. Anyone recognized the voice? Apparently Adalinde knows the person. Might it be Christian?
                      Grimm returns October 24
                      sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                      Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        I'm just wondering who the new Prince is. Anyone recognized the voice? Apparently Adalinde knows the person. Might it be Christian?
                        It sounded like Alexis Denisof to me. I have no idea who Christian is nor do I know anything about the Royal family, though.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well I heard rumors that Alexis Denisof joined the cast and is probably going to play the prince. Not sure if those are true though.
                          sigpic

Comment

The Prince is Prince Viktor played by Alexis Denisof according to the press release for the next episode
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              It sounded like Alexis Denisof to me. I have no idea who Christian is nor do I know anything about the Royal family, though.
                              It was him

https://twitter.com/AlexisDenisof/st...08671768281090
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X