Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nightwing to appear on Arrow? What DC Characters do you think would fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightwing to appear on Arrow? What DC Characters do you think would fit?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ppear-on-arrow

We know Barry Allen is coming this season as a potential launch to a spin-off series.

I am not sure how I feel about super-powers being introduced to the world of Arrow. I would have thought Black Canary would retain her cry, but maybe it is better it was kept more tech-based.

I think I would prefer a more "less is more" approach. City references, newspapers, all good. But having the majority of DC characters rolling through Arrow would be a bit unrealistic.

Sometimes I think original characters can be so much more. Look a Diggle becoming apart of the Green Arrow comic series this year.

I would just hate for them to over populate Arrow with DC characters.

What characters do you guys think would fit?

Steven R Mcqueen is in the running to play the character, what does this mean for his role as Jeremy Gilbert on The Vampire Diaries?

I actually like how there bringing 2nd tier characters to the show, it's worked really well so far with Huntress & Canary
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I gave up on this show some time ago, but kept the downloads I had of it as I do intend to give it another chance at some point.

The inclusion of more superheroes in Smallville was some of my favorite moments and if this show does them justice, I will stick to it.

Comment

I probably wouldn't mind Nightwing showing up if it was just for an episode or two during the season. I wouldn't want him to stick around for more than that.

I don't want too many DC superheroes showing up and sticking around. Having Speedy/Red Arrow and Black Canary around would be enough. I'd rather the show keep its focus on Oliver/Green Arrow and not on building/developing the Justice League or whatever.

I haven't watched all of Smallville yet, so I don't know how that show handled having a lot of superheroes around in the later seasons. I know this is different, but I did watch that animated series The Batman. I liked that series a lot more in the early seasons when it was just Bruce and Alfred. I still thought it was pretty good when they added Batgirl and Robin, but then Superman and basically the entire Justice League showed up, and I hated it.

I'd also rather not have super-powered characters on Arrow. I know Barry Allen is supposed to show up soon, but I hope he doesn't actually become The Flash on this show(I'd rather that happen in the spin-off if they end up having one). I have nothing against The Flash, I actually really liked that 90's series "The Flash" when it aired; I'd just rather not have him on Arrow.
        sigpic

Comment

As far as I know, Barry won't be The Flash in his first two appearances this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
            As far as I know, Barry won't be The Flash in his first two appearances this season.
            I have no idea. Trying to avoid spoilers of that. But even if Barry Allen shows up and then leaves and in a spinoff has powers. That character still would exists within the Arrowverse. So powers would exist in the Arrowverse.

Comment

It would depend on how they handled it I guess. Even though both shows would exist in the same universe, as long as I could pretend that they're separate(especially if I don't like the other series), I wouldn't care if Barry Allen has powers in a spin-off. I still wouldn't want characters with actual powers on Arrow. That could mean no major crossovers, or if there ends up being some kind of crossover they wouldn't mention or use powers on the Arrow side of things. That could end up being messy or confusing though lol, so I don't know.

I just like the more realistic/grounded feel of Arrow, as opposed to a superhero show where powers exist; so I hope they don't change that.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree, I would prefer no powers. It keeps the costs low and it's a take on heroes that rarely gets long lasting attention in terms of an ongoing series.

Then again, there have the cliche powers that Felicity has. As a programmer, most of what she does in the little time that she does it is impossible unless she devoted huge amount of prep work to anticipate the kinds of tasks she will need to do.

But it seems very likely that super powers are coming. We'll see how it affects the show if it does come.

Comment

The few issues of comics i got with Nightwing in it, he didn't really seem all that "Super powered"..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    The few issues of comics i got with Nightwing in it, he didn't really seem all that "Super powered"..
                    Agreed, I could have word my OP better instead of implying Nightwing directly with Barry Allen's inclusion with the probable inclusion of powers to the show.

Comment

Working...
                    X