• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairs (109)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    REPAIRS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109
    Coulson's team pick up a frightened young woman who appears to be exhibiting powerful telekinetic powers, unaware that there is a more dangerous threat lurking in the shadows.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 November 2013, 11:00 PM.

Well they did it. I told you they did it. Don't come a knocking it the room is a rocking. May and Ward, two peas in a pod.

Anyway I thought the episode was ok. I didn't care for the part where they said they hadn't run into any mind mover people. They aren't called telemarketers. Tele something. Whatever I didn't like that since the marvel verse is full of them.

The guy moving around like nightcrawler was cool. I think they might have been making a nod to nightcrawler because I believe he jumps through a hell dimension to teleport.

Comment

Telekinetics!

They cant use mutants in SHIELD because Fox owns the rights or something.

Comment

Liked getting more backstory on May. I'm not sure how I feel about Ward and May as a couple. I wasn't really interested in seeing any couples forming on the show, but the more I think about it, the more I am interested in knowing how this will all play out. I was surprised to find at the beginning of the ep that their hookup wasn't a one-time thing after The Well. And hey - how often do you have couples where the woman is older than the guy and the guy isn't just some boytoy?

Edited to add: Upon further thought, May getting together with Ward - whether it was one night of comfort, a few nights of comfort, or turning into something long-term - seems like the "old" May that Coulson was talking about. Someone who wasn't totally by the book and not as closed off. In any case, I'll be interested to see where it all goes.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

At this point in the show I don't want any relationships. I don't even want to contemplate shipping anybody. I just want to see where things go and find out who the characters are. That said, with what we know, I'm just not buying the May/Ward thing.
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            At this point in the show I don't want any relationships. I don't even want to contemplate shipping anybody. I just want to see where things go and find out who the characters are. That said, with what we know, I'm just not buying the May/Ward thing.
            Yeah, this is definitely does not belong in Season One. Where could they possibly go with it?! I really think they just wanted to surprise people on two fronts, one the actual act and two that Ward isn't getting involved with Skye. . . at this point.

Speaking of Skye, once again the downfall of the episode. What is my problem with her this week? The usual, every line of dialogue she delivers. Not how the actress delivers it. It is how they are poorly using her character to try to draw out the humanity and back story of the other characters. Instead of providing interesting exposition, the way they are writing Skye is making her the annoying person with all of the questions who has to know everything about everybody and be involved in their business. And she is the one who ignores everyone and thinks she knows the right way and the right way is making sure she knows everything about everybody and their business. When they discussed what was going on and then she would chime in with her 'I can make this all okay if you just let ME talk to her.' the entertainment value of the episode was destroyed. I know she is the character who is supposed to be learning and training, but there is failure all over how they are writing her because she just comes off as annoying. If she hadn't had any dialogue I might have really enjoyed this episode, as predictable as it was. I mean honestly a quality of the show that is really weak is that the other characters like her. I think this show would gain a whole lot of respect if they stopped the plane, kicked her out, and took off again. Leave her standing there and on with the show.

Comment

I don't mind Skye too much. My main problem with her is that she's always exactly what's needed in a clench. Nee to hack a super specific system nobody's ever seen before? Skye can do it. Need some info from social media? Skye can do it. Need a pretty girl undercover? Skye! And now, most alarmingly, need the perfect girl to bond with another girl? Call Skye. She's just so completely Mary Sue to me right now that I have a tough time buying her.

Comment

Skye is definitely my least favorite character on the show. If she weren't in an episode, I wouldn't miss her at all.

By the way - IMDB has the character Akela Amador (the former SHIELD agent from Eye Spy) listed as appearing in this episode. Did I miss something?!?!
                sigpic
                Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  By the way - IMDB has the character Akela Amador (the former SHIELD agent from Eye Spy) listed as appearing in this episode. Did I miss something?!?!
                  I don't remember that character in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                    Edited to add: Upon further thought, May getting together with Ward - whether it was one night of comfort, a few nights of comfort, or turning into something long-term - seems like the "old" May that Coulson was talking about. Someone who wasn't totally by the book and not as closed off. In any case, I'll be interested to see where it all goes.
                    I think they might have linked up due to their shared experience using that staff from last weeks ep. Both had suffered the anger it caused and felt a mutual session together might help out..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I think they might have linked up due to their shared experience using that staff from last weeks ep. Both had suffered the anger it caused and felt a mutual session together might help out..
                      That isn't it because they made reference to it not being the first time it happened. Ward talked about a plan for how they were going to handle it this time.

Comment

I was under the impression he meant they'd been sleeping together since that incident. Not before then. But they way the invitation was made and how little trepidation either seemed to have, you might be right. Perhaps this is an ongoing thing with them. Except…the crew wasn't all together before the pilot ep. I know Ward and May must have some sort of history since Ward was so familiar with the events that earned her her nickname, but I wasn't under the impression they'd worked closely together before.

Comment

It's been pointed out elsewhere, but the S.H.I.E.L.D aircraft felt particularly like Serenity this week, I was getting real flashbacks to A Certain Other Wheldon Show.

And, like Baron of Hell, I noticed that the teleport was rather 'Bamf' like, though back in the days when I was reading Uncanny, it was just another dimension Nightcrawler went through, not a demonic one, that came much later (and was ret-con, Dr Strange's Eye of Agamotto decided Kurt was a human mutant, not a demon, way, way back in Annual 4 - which the interwebs tells me was 1980, now I feel old).

FF (old, old, old skool Xmen fan)
                          sigpic

Comment

this was probably the worst episode (imo) but i still like this show
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              this was probably the worst episode (imo) but i still like this show
                              Any particular reasons? Skye? LOL

And I thought it was implying that May and Ward have had an on going thing since some time after they started riding around on the plane together.

Comment

Working...
                              X