From Joe Flanigan about SGA Movie as of Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raineman View Post
    Hi all, I was at the supanova convention in Brisbane Australia today where Joe Flanigan was a guest.
    Their was a Q & A and a question about the movie was asked. Quote from Joe was "The movie was never going to be made in the first place" according to Joe the SGA and SG1 movies were never going to be made and only reason they were annouced was so fans would stick around and watch Universe.

He also said at the beginning of the Q & A he did attempt to buy and even lease the franchise from MGM so they could make the movie and hope to revive the show but MGM claimed bankruptcy and the new owners didnt go for the plans he had come up with. So as it stands we will never see a movie or revival of any part of the tv franchise
    WOW JUST WOW thanks for the info
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Well, here's another vid of JF in an interview at the Brisbane Supanova Con. He does mention SGU and the cancellation of SGA at the same time. "You don't cancel something to keep it going." Also that he thought it would have been better to overlap the two shows.
      sigpic

Comment

Stop making sense, it makes peoples brains hurt..............
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Believe want you want Jel, I am not going to start another round of pro-sgu/anti-sgu stuff, I have said my piece on this loudly and often before.

I will ask this however, who has the most to gain here?
          I don't believe it was a conspiracy, but I will buy that it was damage control by people who foolishly shot their mouths off, and that's ALL JF has ever said on that issue.
          I don't know where you are getting this idea that this is a pro/anti SGU thing. I just don't buy JF's rationale about the movies given his previous biases
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I don't know where you are getting this idea that this is a pro/anti SGU thing.
            Sigh.
            Why did you bother to bring up JF's supposed views on SGU?

I just don't buy JF's rationale about the movies given his previous biases
            What Bias??
            You say you cannot see the "pro/anti" SGU thing, yet you cite bias as a reason?? WTH man??

Look, JF will say what he says, JM will say what he says. You prefer what JM says, and that's fine.
            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone really think that anything Stargate related will ever come back to SyFy?
              Um ... Sharknado people. They have moved on.
              Sadly.
              "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

Originally posted by OhForCryinOutLoud View Post
                Does anyone really think that anything Stargate related will ever come back to SyFy?
                Um ... Sharknado people. They have moved on.
                Sadly.
                Ummm, Syfy might be interested as it was a cornerstone show for them, but would MGM?
                sigpic

Comment

I suppose if no one else is going to say it.......

Sharkgate
                  Starnado
                  Stargate Sharknado

Anyone?

Comment

Lythisrose was kind enough to link a copy of a similar interview with Joe in my visitor page from fedcon awhile ago. Feel free to go to my visitor page and have a look if you want
                    Oh I'd love to but I don't really understand what you're saying.
                    I'm a bit lost, any direct link by chance?
                    Thx
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                      Oh I'd love to but I don't really understand what you're saying.
                      I'm a bit lost, any direct link by chance?
                      Thx
                      Lythis posted it on page one for ease of finding
                      sigpic

Comment

Sigh.
                        Why did you bother to bring up JF's supposed views on SGU?
                        Because its the whole reason I can't agree with his view that the movies were only announced to make people watch SGU

What Bias??
                        You say you cannot see the "pro/anti" SGU thing, yet you cite bias as a reason?? WTH man??
                        Its has nothing to do with the quality of SGU. I just can't take a person who disliked a show, to blame the show for the movies never happening

Look, JF will say what he says, JM will say what he says. You prefer what JM says, and that's fine.
                        No I don't.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Because its the whole reason I can't agree with his view that the movies were only announced to make people watch SGU
                          No he said they were damage control.
                          Its has nothing to do with the quality of SGU. I just can't take a person who disliked a show, to blame the show for the movies never happening
                          He's not blaming SGU, he is citing damage control as a reason why the rumours were out there so long.

No I don't.
                          JM is the only person that I am aware of to make at least an EFFORT of showing a script for Extinction. All we ever heard from BW/RC was "it's coming" with no details.

Agree to disagree here Jel, i'm perfectly fine with that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Interesting.

Well, it's been a couple of years now, and really have forgotten about the whole thing, I am not surprised by this.
                            sigpic

Comment

I will ask this however, who has the most to gain here?
                              I don't believe it was a conspiracy, but I will buy that it was damage control by people who foolishly shot their mouths off, and that's ALL JF has ever said on that issue.
                              I don't want to get into anything here, but to be completely fair, at this point the answer would be Joe Flanigan. I'm saying this as a Sheppard fan. It bolsters his reputation while, at this point, the producers for all intents and purposes have already lost theirs with a lot of fans. I'm not speaking to motives or anything like that because I really do believe he just answered the questions he was asked. And I'm not saying anything negative, just answering your question.

It's interesting to see the interview, but I agree with the sentiment that it's all just water under the bridge now. I don't like some things about how Atlantis was handled, but it's been gone for 5 years just about so I've moved on.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                                I don't want to get into anything here, but to be completely fair, at this point the answer would be Joe Flanigan. I'm saying this as a Sheppard fan. It bolsters his reputation while, at this point, the producers for all intents and purposes have already lost theirs with a lot of fans. I'm not speaking to motives or anything like that because I really do believe he just answered the questions he was asked. And I'm not saying anything negative, just answering your question.
                                He may gain with the fans, sure, but would not speaking out have the potential to hurt his career by making him "one of those actors"
                                Fans can give you love an adoration perhaps, but studio's give you a job.

It's interesting to see the interview, but I agree with the sentiment that it's all just water under the bridge now. I don't like some things about how Atlantis was handled, but it's been gone for 5 years just about so I've moved on.
                                True.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X