Scared to watch Scifi on FOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared to watch Scifi on FOX

I'm liking Sleepy Hollow but I have to admit it's scary getting into any scifi show on FOX given their record of pre-mature show cancellations. If anyone from FOX TV network reads this. You could bring back viewers with an explicit policy to "Always wrap up shows with a final mini series if they don't get the necessary ratings".

So you might be happy to know that "Sleepy Hollow" has been picked up already for a second season. The show has been getting excellent ratings, and according to a TV Guide Poll, the show is the most popular of the new fall shows.

Comment

You could say that about any scifi show though. Many have said that the scifi audience is more tech savvy and more prone to download and watch rather than watch on tv.

Also I'm fairly sure (haven't seen it) that Sleepy Hollow is supernatural and not scifi.

Comment

Oh, you're scared because of Firefly. It's been picked up for a second season and has a growing fanbase. It's all good.
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Fans of FireFly and Terminator were both screwed by FOX with sudden show endings. The fact that Sleepy Hollow got a second session is great news! I just hope that when the time comes to end the show, that FOX will actually wrap up the story lines and give us a proper ending.

Comment

At least Fox's record isn't all bad. They did alright by Fringe.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

That's true. FOX has done some show correctly as well. I just think we all should put as much pressure as possible on the networks to wrap up shows properly and never burn fans again.

Comment

You'd think it would be in the networks' interest as well not to piss off their audience with premature cancellations. But that doesn't seem to be bothering them. And since I'm not in the States, my opinion doesn't count for anything anyway.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Keyword here: think!!
                  Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                  Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by gvan29 View Post
                    I'm liking Sleepy Hollow but I have to admit it's scary getting into any scifi show on FOX given their record of pre-mature show cancellations. If anyone from FOX TV network reads this. You could bring back viewers with an explicit policy to "Always wrap up shows with a final mini series if they don't get the necessary ratings".
                    Welcome to Sci-Fi on any network these days no?

Comment

It is one of the best ( if not the best) of the new shows. Sad it only had 13 episodes. I'm already looking forward to the next season. And it s more supernatural Han Sci Fi.
                      sigpic
                      Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Sci-fi and fantasy is seeing a steady come back on mainstream channels, I think mainly because of just the level of originality that is now beginning to reappear. Networks don't want just another space opera they want something that no one has ever seen before and over the last few years there have been numerous shows that deliver that.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                        X