No announcement yet.

Necromancer (108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if I was confusing there - I'm assuming that it was in the script until otherwise informed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
      Sorry if I was confusing there - I'm assuming that it was in the script until otherwise informed.
      Well, it's just that most are thinking that it wasn't.. Or is that just my interpretation of the comments?

Either way, it was a brilliant part of the episode. I love subtle humor like that; it always makes me laugh I'll give my review of the ep later; I'm about to get off work and then go home and go to bed

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

This was an interesting episode. Like at least one other person mentioned, I'm not sure about the love triangle plot.

I still can't belieave Abraham would sell his soul to get revenge on Crane. I want to know how that works. Does Moloch get ride of his Horsemen if they fail him too often and then recruit a new bunch?
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
          Well, it's just that most are thinking that it wasn't.. Or is that just my interpretation of the comments?
          No you're right - I've seen people wonder if it was a goof they left in. And what I was saying is that he's good enough to make something look so natural that you would wonder if it was a real moment they left in. (Like the amount of subtlety in that donut-hole moment. It was just one second of screen time but you could totally buy that these donut holes were the best things ever.)

But I do not assume it was a goof.
          sigpic

Comment

"Now hiring- riders to bring about the End of Days. Requirements- one soul, good with weapons. Expert horseman a must. Desire for revenge a bonus. Applicants should bring own horse, please contact Hessian minions about colours."
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I actually somewhat enjoyed last week's episode. Too bad it led to this week's episode.

- We've taken all these precautions to keep the Horseman trapped because he is a key to bringing about the end of the world, but we forgot a portable generator to create the electricity needed to power the device keeping him trapped even though we remembered candles that will help keep him trapped.

- I actually liked the idea of Jenny and Irving working together until they started talking. Their dialogue and interaction just did not work well. I like the concept, but it has to be written better.

- I liked that Andy said it was a mistake. I didn't like that Ichabod and Abbie went ahead and made the mistake after being warned. You are going to be predictable, then you're going to tell us that we're right in what we're predicting, and then you're going to go ahead and do it anyway?!

- First the Horseman is tied to Ichabod because their blood mixed. Now he's tied to Ichabod because Ichabod stole his girlfriend. SERIOUSLY!

- And what is with all the "I" and "A" names?

- And as just about everyone has stated, the misdirection was the best part of the episode.

Sorry, I don't see why people like this show. Just about every week I've been disappointed with the writing and the overall arc. Yeah there have been some good moments, like the misdirection, but that does not make for a good story. I don't even see where they can go with this concept? It seems like they are just treading water. At least if they had managed to keep the Horseman captive it could have become a demon-of-the-week show where they try to stop those who show up to try to free him, but predictably they couldn't even manage that. Eventually the Horseman has to disappear again and they'll go back to fighting evil minions until the Horseman reappears and so on and so on. Anyway, I may stick with it until the end of the season, but after this episode it is going to be tough.

Comment

Sorry, I don't see why people like this show.
                Two words: Tom Mison.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm curious... Why isn't anyone sure that it was a part of the script?
                  It just seemed like such a silly little thing that Ichabod, who has been confidently navigating those tunnels so far, would forget where the exit is in a rather small room. I have to watch the scene again to see if the reaction/expression of the other actors gives anything away. I know it's not important, but it's kind of a game I play on Spn, spotting Jensen Ackles' ad libs. My track record there is pretty good so far.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  This was an interesting episode. Like at least one other person mentioned, I'm not sure about the love triangle plot.

I still can't belieave Abraham would sell his soul to get revenge on Crane. I want to know how that works. Does Moloch get ride of his Horsemen if they fail him too often and then recruit a new bunch?
                  Again, drawing from Supernatural here, I assume the Horsemen need meat suits or 'vessels' when they appear on Earth.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  "Now hiring- riders to bring about the End of Days. Requirements- one soul, good with weapons. Expert horseman a must. Desire for revenge a bonus. Applicants should bring own horse, please contact Hessian minions about colours."
                  ROFL, that's brilliant!

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  I actually somewhat enjoyed last week's episode. Too bad it led to this week's episode.

Spoiler:
                  - We've taken all these precautions to keep the Horseman trapped because he is a key to bringing about the end of the world, but we forgot a portable generator to create the electricity needed to power the device keeping him trapped even though we remembered candles that will help keep him trapped.

- I actually liked the idea of Jenny and Irving working together until they started talking. Their dialogue and interaction just did not work well. I like the concept, but it has to be written better.

- I liked that Andy said it was a mistake. I didn't like that Ichabod and Abbie went ahead and made the mistake after being warned. You are going to be predictable, then you're going to tell us that we're right in what we're predicting, and then you're going to go ahead and do it anyway?!

- First the Horseman is tied to Ichabod because their blood mixed. Now he's tied to Ichabod because Ichabod stole his girlfriend. SERIOUSLY!

- And as just about everyone has stated, the misdirection was the best part of the episode.

Sorry, I don't see why people like this show. Just about every week I've been disappointed with the writing and the overall arc. Yeah there have been some good moments, like the misdirection, but that does not make for a good story. I don't even see where they can go with this concept? It seems like they are just treading water. At least if they had managed to keep the Horseman captive it could have become a demon-of-the-week show where they try to stop those who show up to try to free him, but predictably they couldn't even manage that. Eventually the Horseman has to disappear again and they'll go back to fighting evil minions until the Horseman reappears and so on and so on. Anyway, I may stick with it until the end of the season, but after this episode it is going to be tough.
                  Yes, those are all valid points (I only put them under the cut for length) but unlike you I usually enjoy the show so I'm willing to accept them if they help to keep the story going - which I think required Headless to escape. Capturing him has given us two things: the reason why the fight metween him and Ichabod is so personal (even though it may be a bit far fetched) and a new purpose, namely finding Katrina and getting her out of purgatory. This has not been a real issue so far, but it should make for some interesting developments.

Too bad you are disappointed by the show. Personally, I love the humor, the tweaks on historical events, and the interaction and chemistry between these diverse characters. Somebody said it's Spn meets Elementary, with a dash of Fringe, and I think that about covers it They're all shows I love.

Two words: Tom Mison.
                  Yes, and there's that, of course.

sigpic
                  Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Spoiler:

Why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much? I mean, seriously.. If you're so disappointed EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, stop watching otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself for your disappointment.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

I can see this in the Supernatural Want Ads.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                      Again, drawing from Supernatural here, I assume the Horsemen need meat suits or 'vessels' when they appear on Earth.
                      Interesting way to look at it. I'll keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I can see this in the Supernatural Want Ads.
                        That would be hilarious! Somebody should write a story.
                        sigpic

Comment

That would be hilarious! Somebody should write a story.
                          I'd give it a crack if I had the time. Lately, I'm lucky if I have enough time to play here for an hour.

Comment

One of you nice fiction writers, that could be my Solstice present.
                            sigpic

Comment

Why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much? I mean, seriously.. If you're so disappointed EVERY SINGLE EPISODE, stop watching otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself for your disappointment.
                              I know it is like I can't help myself. It is either that I keep hoping it will get better or I am trying to figure what other people see in this show. I can't explain it, but I do think I am close to giving up on it; especially now that Almost Human has started and it seems pretty good.

Comment

I know it is like I can't help myself. It is either that I keep hoping it will get better or I am trying to figure what other people see in this show. I can't explain it, but I do think I am close to giving up on it; especially now that Almost Human has started and it seems pretty good.
                                I haven't seen that show yet but I've been meaning to

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X